VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads - Chapter 2 [v0.3.1] [CHAQUINN0]

4.40 star(s) 37 Votes
Nov 5, 2023
No need to be cryptic, no trade secrets lol..only so many ways of doing this stuff.

So Chaq doesn't render in Daz (if he did, he'd have a duf file, I've been using Daz for 20 years lol). That tells me everything I need to know and explains why she is 'off' becasue you're trying to recreate a character that doesn't exist in Daz. That's all I will say about that.

Thanks.
And again you're off - she IS a DAZ Character... and to keep it simple for your 20 Years of experience - "Morph Slider"!;)
I hope you're satisfied now.

CHAQUINN0

Yesterday's Crossroads Developer
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2021
I do the standard process for creating all my characters in DAZ. First, I make them in DAZ, and when I'm satisfied, I export them as an obj and import into Blender. There, I tweak and do whatever I need to do, and then export and import back into DAZ as a morph. This way, I can just uninstall the characters I used to create them.
I also save the textures into a different folder to keep things organized and in DAZ I just use the Surfaces tab to point them to that specific place, which saves space and helps me not get lost with all my clutter.

I do have the character's duf scene subsets, of course. However, I create one single morph slider for the characters, which is why I can't even remember which base models I used to create each of them. :LUL:
If I was to share a character duf, I'd have to share the morph I made through the obj and it should be installed into the DAZ folder in order for that to work.

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
Hey, everyone!

I see the timeline seems a bit confusing for the time being, especially since the many dialogues addressing the past haven’t been totally introduced to the game itself yet.
It is simple but quite extensive though. We need to go back a few years before the game's prologue in order to understand it thoroughly.

Before turning this story into an AVN, I wrote it as sort of a book for my own life's experiences and adapted it for the game's story, the following is a summarized timeline of the prologue chapter of the book.

Keep in mind that there are no specific days, months or years in some of these events, but they are in the order as they happened.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So you're saying Kimberly is the one? Got it.

And Keyla is even worse than I imagined, my opinion of her was already bad, but holy shit.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
lol maybe I need to replay Kimberly's path I see comments once in awhile how she is great. I couldn't get into her tbh just was kind of like whatever to me more neutral about her tbh. But probably didn't help we slept with her right away since I do usually dislike it when a LI has a lewd scene before (the player) gets to know them. So cause of that id probably do need to see more content with her to see if I actually like her.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
I do the standard process for creating all my characters in DAZ. First, I make them in DAZ, and when I'm satisfied, I export them as an obj and import into Blender. There, I tweak and do whatever I need to do, and then export and import back into DAZ as a morph. This way, I can just uninstall the characters I used to create them.
I also save the textures into a different folder to keep things organized and in DAZ I just use the Surfaces tab to point them to that specific place, which saves space and helps me not get lost with all my clutter.

I do have the character's duf scene subsets, of course. However, I create one single morph slider for the characters, which is why I can't even remember which base models I used to create each of them. :LUL:
If I was to share a character duf, I'd have to share the morph I made through the obj and it should be installed into the DAZ folder in order for that to work.
But if someone tries to load it shouldn't it tell what assets are missing?

CHAQUINN0

Yesterday's Crossroads Developer
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2021
But if someone tries to load it shouldn't it tell what assets are missing?
Yes. When you load one of my dufs, it will not find the morph and the character's textures.

Let's say I am trying to load Da Som Kim's duf, for example. This is the error you will get:

kim missing morph.jpg

This is because I created a single morph for her, instead of just keeping the many different characters and such, and leaving it at that.

What I do instead is export the whole model into Blender and later import it in DAZ creating one unique morph to that character. This way I can uninstall anything that I am not using anymore and free up some disk space.

This is DaSom Kim's morph, it's just one single slider:
kim slider.png

Another issue you will find is the character's textures, I save each of my character's textures in a different folder and name them accordingly. When I save the character's duf subset, I point all the body parts to these textures saved in that different folder. This is Kimberly's textures folder, for example:
kimmy textures folder.jpg

In some characters it may ask for things like specific eyes, brows and such, which are things I still keep installed since I use them in almost all my characters anyway, so there's no reason to uninstall.

I still keep a lot of characters installed, like P3D Imogen, for example, which I use her eyes in 2 of my characters and there is an upcoming character I will use her as a base, so I just leave it installed, but if I see that the character will not need to be installed there forever, I just uninstall them.

So, in order to share my dufs, I would also need to share the morph file to be installed within the DAZ' folder as well as their textures, I don't remember which base model they come from since I just rename the files. So I can't even tell like, Alessa's base textures come from P3D Imogen or Julia is VYK Holland for example, because I seriously don't remember anymore. :LUL:

4.40 star(s) 37 Votes