VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads - Chapter 2 [v0.3.1] [CHAQUINN0]

4.40 star(s) 36 Votes

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
she moved to Buffalo
She moved to a diff country. Have you even actually played this and read the actual words. I know reading is difficult for some folk but really...

She had been gone years...you expect kids to hang around that long with no guarantee of ever seeing each other again? Really? And the MC moved on first btw....

You're just a fucking troll at this point obviously...on the list.

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
Hey, everyone!

I see the timeline seems a bit confusing for the time being, especially since the many dialogues addressing the past haven’t been totally introduced to the game itself yet.
It is simple but quite extensive though. We need to go back a few years before the game's prologue in order to understand it thoroughly.

Before turning this story into an AVN, I wrote it as sort of a book for my own life's experiences and adapted it for the game's story, the following is a summarized timeline of the prologue chapter of the book.

Keep in mind that there are no specific days, months or years in some of these events, but they are in the order as they happened.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So basically Keyla is just dumb, gotcha.

Reactions: risky0

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
Do fucking cellphones and the internet not exist suddenly? She didn't move to Jupiter, she moved to Buffalo, she didn't even leave the state! Keyla literally said she wanted the MC to be her one and only, yet she couldn't just wait until college to reunite with him, which was at most 2 years away? That's braindead.

The audience feels disconnected from the MC when he does things we didn't even have control of, so no one cares. Also, the MC betrayed Zeke, not Keyla. Additionally, players can choose to pursue Keyla, you're stuck with the MC one way or another.

Keyla didn't tell the MC that Kim was going to leave or why she was going to leave/why she left, even after she was already gone. Those are betrayals, which Keyla admits.
As Dev explained, she went to Japan for 3 years and then returned to Buffalo, where she encountered Zeke during the holidays between ending high school and starting college. If she had waited 3 more months, she could have had MC. It is what it is.

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
She moved to a diff country. Have you even actually played this and read the actual words. I know reading is difficult for some folk but really...

She had been gone years...you expect kids to hang around that long with no guarantee of ever seeing each other again? Really? And the MC moved on first btw....

You're just a fucking troll at this point obviously...on the list.
First of all, As far as I recall, there is nothing about her moving to a different country in the game. Maybe it says it on her route, but I don't care about her route, because she stinks. Either way, she explicitly says that she wants the MC to be her one and only, yet she couldn't wait a few years, if she was serious, that wouldn't have been a problem. She would have made a greater effort to get back to the one she loved, or made any effort at all. Especially since she apparently didn't do anything until she came back to America anyway, when she had ample opportunity to get back in touch with the MC.

"The MC moved on first" Which we had no control over. There is an inherent disconnect between the MC making choices which we do and don't have control over. You want the player to be punished/held responsible for something outside of their control, that's fucking stupid.

No one cares about your "list", what are you 12?

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Hey, everyone!

I see the timeline seems a bit confusing for the time being, especially since the many dialogues addressing the past haven’t been totally introduced to the game itself yet.
It is simple but quite extensive though. We need to go back a few years before the game's prologue in order to understand it thoroughly.

Before turning this story into an AVN, I wrote it as sort of a book for my own life's experiences and adapted it for the game's story, the following is a summarized timeline of the prologue chapter of the book.

Keep in mind that there are no specific days, months or years in some of these events, but they are in the order as they happened.

Thank you for this , still have a bit dislike for Keyla hiding the reason why Kim left but not hiding the fact she was leaving. ( assuming im not miss remembering anything) But this post kind of makes me like Keyla a bit more than I did, as I forgot alot about her and the timeline. But yeah she is more complicated than I remember now. I never disliked her for cheating I knew she had feeling but reading this it makes alot more sense and I find it harder to blame her for it even if it's a shitty thing to do. Maybe I will play her path next update after my main girls.

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
As Dev explained, she went to Japan for 3 years and then returned to Buffalo, where she encountered Zeke during the holidays between ending high school and starting college. If she had waited 3 more months, she could have had MC. It is what it is.
I agree, it is what it is, but what it is, is that she's worthless as a LI.

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
Thank you for this , still have a bit dislike for Keyla hiding the reason why Kim left but not hiding the fact she was leaving. ( assuming im not miss remembering anything) But this post kind of makes me like Keyla a bit more than I did, as I forgot alot about her and the timeline. But yeah she is more complicated than I remember now. I never disliked her for cheating I knew she had feeling but reading this it makes alot more sense and I find it harder to blame her for it even if it's a shitty thing to do. Maybe I will play her path next update after my main girls.
I think what will define how people feel about worse Kim is if her father is actually a menace, which i can only envision if he is a Chaebol, aka Mr. Big Bucks. But... that also clashes with the lifestyle of worse Kim, as she doesn't appear wealthy and also worked a menial job while in South Korea. If he is only kinda wealthy, or middle-class, it will be really hard to like worse Kim for fearing a paper tiger.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I think what will define how people feel about worse Kim is if her father is actually a menace, which i can only envision if he is a Chaebol, aka Mr. Big Bucks. But... that also clashes with the lifestyle of worse Kim, as she doesn't appear wealthy and also worked a menial job while in South Korea. If he is only kinda wealthy, or middle-class, it will be really hard to like worse Kim for fearing a paper tiger.
yeah I have a hard time believing her father has any real power or anything tbh. While I find Kim's reason acceptable if it's true but until it's proven true yeah.... I just got a feeling her father is going to be some big shot gangster with no real power but enough for Kim to fear.

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
yeah I have a hard time believing her father has any real power or anything tbh. While I find Kim's reason acceptable if it's true but until it's proven true yeah.... I just got a feeling her father is going to be some big shot gangster with no real power but enough for Kim to fear.
Unless he part of the Japok or Kkgangpae then he is a nothing and anything Kim thinks just makes her a delusional idiot for thinking her father has any sway in the States or he going to come over and perform some type of hit on the MC. It's just ridiculous.

Even if her father was a member of the criminal underground in korea (which does have operations in the States) it's still a hell of a stretch, based purely on what she has seen towards herself and her sister.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Hey, everyone!

Thank you for this. It is very helpful. I've just finished a re-read of the prologue and started chapter 1. My first read was waaaaaay back when just the prologue existed. I had read the updates but as a continuation... and now realize there has been some reworking during the process that I had missed. I'm remembering some familiar parts and have noticed some changes. All in all, between your post and the new prologue it is much easier to have a sense of the personalities involved and their motivations. Having said all that... I think it will be likely that my MC will be looking for a fresh start for a relationship. So far both Olivia and Julia look like terrific candidates.:love:

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Completely agree Mots!
Hehe... Well you could be right. You often are. But, I haven't gotten to her yet and I'm trying to treat this like a first read at this point. There have been some significant changes...

Hengat

Oct 17, 2022
That's a very helpful timeline. I guess Keyla, Zeke and MC all deserve each other. What a tragic human beings. I was defending Keyla before, hoping that she didn't fucked up so bad but after this revelation now all I can say is that she's really stupid. How the hell can you marry someone you don't want to be with because you're afraid of breaking their heart?

4.40 star(s) 36 Votes