VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads - Chapter 2 [v0.3.1] [CHAQUINN0]

4.40 star(s) 36 Votes

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Aye.

She gets way too much hate (most of it here...she doesn't get anywhere near as much shade from patreons/discord). Ultimately, we are presented with a fairly thin 'friendship' with someone..someone we know is fucking around behind Keyla's back, someone who is 'also' our friend, probably more then Zeke in reality.

She made a mistake....with the MC...they made it together. Ok, so semantics, the MC never cheated nor had an affair....but really...heh, it's not much different is it. So the MC is just as bad. Now you know as well as anyone how much I dislike some LI's in some VN's (lol)...here...I fail to see how one can utterly hate Keyla, but be happy playing the MC. They were in it together and her arc going forward (as explained by Chaq himself) shows she is not the evil bitch many on F95 seem to think she is. It was also many years ago and both have moved on, progressed and grown up (somewhat).

Now, if don't like her character model etc, perfectly fine..all for that shiz, just another reason I dislike Kim (Daz content creators have made every few good looking Asian characters imo, can count them on one hand) but hating Keyla for what people hate her for? I think it's too much when in reality, all three (MC, Zeke and Keyla) all suck at times and are no better than each other.

Just my take however.

Down with Kim (and Kaija).
yeah tbh other than the model not being my cup of tea . I never really held the cheating as a negative against her since the MC knew what he was doing. The only thing I disliked about her is something I need to replay the game to recall correctly. Cause now I think about my other reason for disliking her I feel like I might be wrong.

I recall she didn't tell the MC about Kim leaving, okay that's Kim's business I dont fault her for not saying she was leaving. What I dont recall if she knew the reason why she left. I feel like if she knew the reason why she should of told him eventually since it's clear that was one thing that was eating at the MC wasnt just the fact Kim left but not knowing the reason why.

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Keyla and MC are in college
Correct...or maybe high school. Whatever...
This is before Keyla and Zeke are together
Correct.
They (Keyla and MC) have history
Correct, they are together in school.
They start hooking up but are keeping it secret.
Only AFTER Alessa (and by default Michelle) move away after their father died on the contruction site managed by MC's father.
MC meets Kimberly and they start dating
Kim..not Kimberly. Kimberly the tattood ffailed actress. Otherwise, correct.
Shortly after (a month or so), MC tells Keyla they need to stop hooking up. Kimberly and MC are together and exclusive for the next 2 years and there is no cheating.
Correct...but Kim not Kimberley.

Basically,...time wise....

MC/Keyla
MC/Alessa (this is after Keyla left)
MC/Keyla (Keyla cheating on Zeke)(This is after Alessa left)
MC Kim
Kim leaves...present day.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
I usually play non harems games as I perfer solo paths myself but never expected a kiss right before things got serious would close a path off tho id have to play the game again to see the context behind that one. My memory is a bit foggy when it comes to this game. However from the screenshot I have no issue closing off Keyla's path cause she is worst than Kim but yeah that feels a bit strange without things getting serious , tho Im thinking this is from the date and IRRC things were starting to get serious at that point. So does make a bit of sense.
Well I already live the single love interest relationship IRL...and it's not all that great. Hence why I prefer playing the man-whore path (harem), so I can sort of live in the past...when I had so many choices available, and I was in top shape with a full head of hair. :KEK:

But with Kayla, knowing more details surrounding the relationship with Zeke, she isn't that bad of a girl (I believe Zeke knew how to control/play her for his own benifit). From my impressions, she only cheated with MC, who is her first and only true love. Though, I could be wrong...I guess we will find out more details at the end of chapter 3, like the dev mentioned on Discord I believe.

Regards.

Reactions: Maviarab

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
But with Kayla, knowing more details surrounding the relationship with Zeke, she isn't that bad of a girl (I believe Zeke knew how to control/play her for his own benifit). From my impressions, she only cheated with MC, who is her first and only true love.
All correct. (y)

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
MC/Keyla
MC Kim
and somewhere inbetween Kimberly, though it wasn't a proper relationship. Couldn't pinpoint exactly where in the timeline tho, but it must be during college?

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Correct...or maybe high school. Whatever...

Correct.

Correct, they are together in school.

Only AFTER Alessa (and by default Michelle) move away after their father died on the contruction site managed by MC's father.

Kim..not Kimberly. Kimberly the tattood ffailed actress. Otherwise, correct.

Correct...but Kim not Kimberley.

Basically,...time wise....

MC/Keyla
MC Kim

Yeah, Kim. Sorry, don't know where I got the Kimberly from. Yeah, I'm with you about the women abandoning him complex. I have always had that in mind when evaluating MC's behavior. It's mainly how I overlook his "needyness"... for now. But... "MC/Keyla (Keyla cheating on Zeke)(This is after Alessa left)"? This can't be right if, "Keyla and Zeke began dating a couple of months before returning to NYC.", from the Chaquinn post is true?

What am I missing here?

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
and somewhere inbetween Kimberly, though it wasn't a proper relationship. Couldn't pinpoint exactly where in the timeline tho, but it must be during college?
Yeah this is never actually explicitly stated I don't recall (could be mistaken)....has to have been in college and before he met Da-Som, think it was just a FWB situationship wasn't it with 2 peeps who just got on really well. Seem to recall a convo between them saying one or the other should have said something at the time instead of letting it be stay casual or something...may be misremembering that bit.

Yeah, Kim. Sorry, don't know where I got the Kimberly from. Yeah, I'm with you about the women abandoning him complex. I have always had that in mind when evaluating MC's behavior. It's mainly how I overlook his "needyness"... for now. But... "MC/Keyla (Keyla cheating on Zeke)(This is after Alessa left)"? This can't be right if, "Keyla and Zeke began dating a couple of months before returning to NYC.", from the Chaquinn post is true?

What am I missing here?
Keyla left (with parents) a long time before the cheating...talking years. remember, he had 'serious' relationship with Alessa after that. Kelya thought she'd never see the MC again etc etc...blah blah...both move on (this has to be high school...not college as the convo with Alessa, Alessa is already in college and the MC is not).

Yeah at first look it seems suss. They had their affair before Keyla married Zeke and just before MC met Da-Som. This was in college....they got married once they left college.

Last edited:

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Keyla left (with parents) a long time before the cheating...talking years. remember, he had 'serious' relationship with Alessa after that. Kelya thought she'd never see the MC again etc etc...blah blah...both move on (this has to be high school...not college as the convo with Alessa, Alessa is already in college and the MC is not).

Yeah at first look it seems suss. They had their affair before Keyla married Zeke and just before MC met Da-Som. This was in college....they got married once they left college.
Nope. Not buying it yet and I'm not sure you are seeing my point. We have who and when but are lacking the where on putting it together. Kim and MC start dating at college. This we know. MC and Kim date for the last 2 years of college and then Kim leaves. MC and Keyla have their 2 months of hooking up just before MC and Kim get together. The fact that MC stopped hooking up with Keyla is because he was getting serious about Kim. Kim and Zeke don't start dating until "2 months before returning to NYC. I don't see an overlap there so there is no cheating by anyone...

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Nope. Not buying it yet and I'm not sure you are seeing my point. We have who and when but are lacking the where on putting it together. Kim and MC start dating at college. This we know. MC and Kim date for the last 2 years of college and then Kim leaves. MC and Keyla have their 2 months of hooking up just before MC and Kim get together. The fact that MC stopped hooking up with Keyla is because he was getting serious about Kim. Kim and Zeke don't start dating until "2 months before returning to NYC. I don't see an overlap there so there is no cheating by anyone...
I mean doesn't Keyla literally say they need to stop doing this after the lewd scene which to me indicates she knows it's cheating. That and it seems like they were trying to be sneaky about it no?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: motseer

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I mean doesn't Keyla literally say they need to stop doing this after the lewd scene which to me indicates she knows it's cheating. That and it seems like they were trying to be sneaky about it no?
Heh... like I said at the start... I've never been able to decide 100% how all of it played out. Not sure it matters all that much but I kinda hate not knowing stuff I think I should know... yeah, a little OCD, maybe.

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
MCxKim have been together longer than that. MC long past left college...has ha a career and everything. When Keyla and Zeke got together....Zeke was away himself from his/MC's hometown. So when they got together/started dating, MC knew nothing about it.

They eventually 'come back' to where the MC is in college (they are all in the same college now)...they Keyla cheats with MC...they stop...MC fools around with Kimberly, eventually starts dating Da-Som.

So Keyla cheated very early into her relationship with Zeke. At this point, we don't even know if they were 'exclusive' or not. If they weren't...then techincally no, they did nothing wrong (well, MC a bit of an ass but no, no one cheated if they were not exclusive).

Elduriel Yes...MC was 'with' Kimberly right after stopping things with Keyla MKII and before he started 'dating' Da-Som (who he already knew).

____
At this point, I would not actually be surprised if Zeke knew about the 'affair' (let's call it that as said above, we don't know if Zeke/Keyla were exclusive or not) and I think Zeke always knew (as soon as they returned) that Keyla was in love with the MC and that Zeke would never truly 'have her' himself. I think this perhaps caused Zekes wanton behaviour all through their marriage (and that he proposed to not lose her to the MC..basically a pathetic simp). We know the ojnly reason Keyla said yes to marrying Zeke as she thought she had lost the MC for good and wanted him to be happy with Da-Som. She settled basically. Zeke's motivations/intentions are a little tricker to pin down.

To answer Dessolos from earlier, no, she never told the MC Da-som was leaving. This could be classed as a betrayal of trust perhaps...and 'something she did wrong'..however, you understand (I hope) why she kept quiet? She knew if she told the MC, he would try and move heaven and earth to stop Kim...something Keyla didn't actually want, she wanted Kim out of the way,...she is still deeply and hopelessly in love with the MC remember.

So Kim leaving is a convenient way of getting the MC back without competition. Really...can she really be blamed (forever) for that?

Last edited:

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
MCxKim have been together longer than that. MC long past left college...has ha a career and everything. When Keyla and Zeke got together....Zeke was away himself from his/MC's hometown. So when they got together/started dating, MC knew nothing about it.

They eventually 'come back' to where the MC is in college (they are all in the same college now)...they Keyla cheats with MC...they stop...MC fools around with Kimberly, eventually starts dating Da-Som.

So Keyla cheated very early into her relationship with Zeke. At this point, we don't even know if they were 'exclusive' or not. If they weren't...then techincally no, they did nothing wrong (well, MC a bit of an ass but no, no one cheated if they were not exclusive).

Elduriel Yes...MC was 'with' Kimberly right after stopping things with Keyla MKII and before he started 'dating' Da-Som (who he already knew).

____
At this point, I would not actually be surprised if Zeke knew about the 'affair' (let's call it that as said above, we don't know if Zeke/Keyla were exclusive or not) and I think Zeke always knew (as soon as they returned) that Keyla was in love with the MC and that Zeke would never truly 'have her' himself. I think this perhapos caused Zekes wanton behaviour all through their marriage (and that he proposed to not lose her to the MC..basically a pathetic simp).
Ok, knowing your pension for details I will accept this version as cannon for now. I just re-downloaded and plan to re-read the story sometime before a new update drops. Although, I will say, if MC didn't know about the relationship between Keyla and Zeke then Keyla cheated but MC didn't. She may deserve a benefit of doubt, like you say, since we don't know how serious the relationship with Zeke was at the time. I will agree wholeheartedly with your evaluation of Zeke's post marital behavior. I'll see what I think after a refresher read but I do remember thinking MC made a poor choice for a best friend and my intention was to distance MC from Zeke as much as the story allowed.

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Although, I will say, if MC didn't know about the relationship between Keyla and Zeke then Keyla cheated but MC didn't. She may deserve a benefit of doubt, like you say, since we don't know how serious the relationship with Zeke was at the time
Not sure that is entirely and explcitly stated....I for one, refuse to believe the MC could not have known who Keyla's BF was lol...like...same college...same town (also IIRC Zeke was his dorm roomy too?)...nah...not happening. So yes, why I always say, the MC is just as bad as Keyla was...and they were sneaking around...Chaq himself says this. So for me, MC knew.

Who the biggsest asshole then there...MC or Keyla? Hard to define isn't it...however, pretty sure it's never definied exactly what Keyla/Zekes relatiosnhip 'status' was. While still a little shitty perhaps...if they were not exclusive (and really, for me in RL, it's all semantics...if Im dating you, there should be no need for a convo over exclusivity imo....but then I'm old lol...dating me, you're dating me, period, end of etc)...then Keyla did nothing wrong.

If they were exclusive...well...it's a little sticky isn't it without a lot more info/context.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Not sure that is entirely and explcitly stated....I for one, refuse to believe the MC could not have known who Keyla's BF was lol...like...same college...same town (also IIRC Zeke was his dorm roomy too?)...nah...not happening. So yes, why I always say, the MC is just as bad as Keyla was...and they were sneaking around...Chaq himself says this. So for me, MC knew.

Who the biggsest asshole then there...MC or Keyla? Hard to define isn't it...however, pretty sure it's never definied exactly what Keyla/Zekes relatiosnhip 'status' was. While still a little shitty perhaps...if they were not exclusive (and really, for me in RL, it's all semantics...if Im dating you, there should be no need for a convo over exclusivity imo....but then I'm old lol...dating me, you're dating me, period, end of etc)...then Keyla did nothing wrong.

If they were exclusive...well...it's a little sticky isn't it without a lot more info/context.
Yeah, I get all that. But, like you said... We are old. These days people who are "dating" age and going out together are just "talking". Sometimes that "talking" is done in a 69 position. Things are a lot more loose and less defined these days... At least until they are defined. I was just looking through some of the renders for the potential LI's in this story... I don't think it will take me long to forget about who did what to whom when... Just like I have already forgotten about any past MC and Kim had. There are plenty of very attractive potential LI's to get to know... Jus' Sayin':cool:

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Yeah, I get all that. But, like you said... We are old. These days people who are "dating" age and going out together are just "talking". Sometimes that "talking" is done in a 69 position. Things are a lot more loose and less defined these days... At least until they are defined. I was just looking through some of the renders for the potential LI's in this story... I don't think it will take me long to forget about who did what to whom when... Just like I have already forgotten about any past MC and Kim had. There are plenty of very attractive potential LI's to get to know... Jus' Sayin':cool:
Couldn't agree more my friend :)

Reactions: motseer

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
Aye.

She gets way too much hate (most of it here...she doesn't get anywhere near as much shade from patreons/discord). Ultimately, we are presented with a fairly thin 'friendship' with someone..someone we know is fucking around behind Keyla's back, someone who is 'also' our friend, probably more then Zeke in reality.

She made a mistake....with the MC...they made it together. Ok, so semantics, the MC never cheated nor had an affair....but really...heh, it's not much different is it. So the MC is just as bad. Now you know as well as anyone how much I dislike some LI's in some VN's (lol)...here...I fail to see how one can utterly hate Keyla, but be happy playing the MC. They were in it together and her arc going forward (as explained by Chaq himself) shows she is not the evil bitch many on F95 seem to think she is. It was also many years ago and both have moved on, progressed and grown up (somewhat).

Now, if don't like her character model etc, perfectly fine..all for that shiz, just another reason I dislike Kim (Daz content creators have made every few good looking Asian characters imo, can count them on one hand) but hating Keyla for what people hate her for? I think it's too much when in reality, all three (MC, Zeke and Keyla) all suck at times and are no better than each other. If anything, at least MC and Keyla came to their senses, guilt got the better of their love and they stopped...damn site more than can be said of Zeke...

Just my take however.

Down with Kim (and Kaija).
Dude, Keyla cheating on Zeke with the MC is "a" mistake, not "the" mistake. Keyla was originally the MC's girlfriend, she gave up on the MC when she started dating Zeke in the first place. The fact that the dev forced MC and Keyla to "relapse" in college is completely superfluous to Keyla's original disregard for the MC. (As an aside, It's much harder for the audience to care about indiscretions that the MC made which are not in our control, because we are used to being in control of the MC, so there is a disconnect when we aren't. Why should I feel bad that the MC slept with Keyla while she was with Zeke, when I didn't even get to make that choice? Especially since I wouldn't have made that choice, if I had a choice.) And none of that even takes into account the fact that Keyla deliberately hid the fact that Kim was leaving and the reason why she was leaving, all because she wanted a chance to get the MC back for herself, despite not having the guts to break up with Zeke at any point since she was reunited with the MC, years and years ago. So no, the MC is not just as bad as her, although he is an idiot. You, the dev, and his Patreon sycophants can cope all you want about how Keyla is not "evil", no one said she is evil btw, she is just selfish, annoying, and most of all untrustworthy. The fact of the matter is that the dev wrote himself into a corner with her and people don't care for her because of how he wrote her. No matter what happens with her from here on out, it won't change the fact that she has already betrayed the MC multiple times during and before the game even began.

Last edited:

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
she gave up on the MC when she started dating Zeke in the first place
Because her fmaily moved away....or were you too dim to realise that...too busy looking at the pretty pictures perhaps?
and most of all untrustworthy.
Then so is the MC....
she has already betrayed the MC multiple times during and before the game even began.
Umm..how exactly rofl..please...go on...explain that one to us...

I can wait...

Last edited:

CHAQUINN0

Yesterday's Crossroads Developer
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2021
Hey, everyone!

I see the timeline seems a bit confusing for the time being, especially since the many dialogues addressing the past haven’t been totally introduced to the game itself yet.
It is simple but quite extensive though. We need to go back a few years before the game's prologue in order to understand it thoroughly.

Before turning this story into an AVN, I wrote it as sort of a book for my own life's experiences and adapted it for the game's story, the following is a summarized timeline of the prologue chapter of the book.

Keep in mind that there are no specific days, months or years in some of these events, but they are in the order as they happened.

Last edited:

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
And none of that even takes into account the fact that Keyla deliberately hid the fact that Kim was leaving and the reason why she was leaving, all because she wanted a chance to get the MC back for herself,
This is the only part I dislike about her character. I couldn't care less that she hid the fact Kim was leaving or cheating since the MC knew about her being with Zeke but hiding the reason why and knowing that is the reason why the MC was hurting. I will give her the benefit of the doubt and say she didn't know it was eating at the MC for not knowing the reason why.

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
Because her fmaily moved away....por were you too dim to realise that...too nusy looking at the pretty pictures perhaps?

Then so is the MC....

Umm..how exactly rofl..please...go on...explain that one to us...

I can wait...
Do fucking cellphones and the internet not exist suddenly? She didn't move to Jupiter, she moved to Buffalo, she didn't even leave the state! Keyla literally said she wanted the MC to be her one and only, yet she couldn't just wait until college to reunite with him, which was at most 2 years away? That's braindead.

The audience feels disconnected from the MC when he does things we didn't even have control of, so no one cares. Also, the MC betrayed Zeke, not Keyla. Additionally, players can choose to pursue Keyla, you're stuck with the MC one way or another.

Keyla didn't tell the MC that Kim was going to leave or why she was going to leave/why she left, even after she was already gone. Those are betrayals, which Keyla admits.

4.40 star(s) 36 Votes