Yiff.party is down or gone?

Fadjiot

Oct 30, 2019
well no communication from admin from late september. No wonder why yiff is unresponsive. He/she didnt payd for servers for november that why its died

DoubleOdd

Oct 14, 2020
And we've cycled back to 521 Error again... Is it even worth keeping up with it at this point? It keeps cycling back.

KM1912

Dec 7, 2019
I just got a HTTP 301?

Edit: I should say i got that on a check website thing ( ) But idk if a belive it

Last edited:

nahimi

Nov 12, 2020
I think that the Yiff dot party owner was a Trump supporter, so in order to pay respect of Trump loses the Admin decided to shut down the website for 2 Weeks (maybe?) the only thing we can do now is wait.

by the way, if its true that Admin is runaway with money, how can a few hundreds (or thousands at least) enough...? Just by buying an iPhone can cost you about $600 and mac and all and then boom you only left with only couple of bucks. And yeah its not worth it. And I’ve check that the cloudflare cost of per website is $200

correct me if I’m wrong. :p

My thoughs here is that the sute is being repaired or purging the non-furry content and maybe after this just furry stuff can be upload. If you look through this web you can see that it got respond for a few minutes several times yesterday
UHH I hope not. I bet 1/4 of people using the site are not looking for any kind of furry stuff. Purging all other content would be dreadful! People have spent money and effort to upload many files from greedy Patreon creators. I think there is a higher chance that the site is updating to NOT be only furry, and maybe trying to appeal to a broader anti-patreon audience.

RealKorra

Sep 22, 2018
well, i could start up a discord server version as well, since we can use NSFW content for it.

Fate's End

Dec 9, 2016
Considering the sheer volume of content even eternally-broken kemono.party gets, I can't see a way a discord version could be made that isn't a total mess.

Adxf4t

Nov 11, 2020
I used to go on yiff party for the creator "SmurfVlogs"(mostly tv show/cartoon reactions), but now that yiff party is possibly shut down (i've been getting an infinite loading screen when trying to go to the site), I have no idea on how to watch his patreon stuff.

And now SmurfVlogs is leaving Patreon for his own "Patreon looking" site and I'm not really sure how to watch his new site reactions for free because he made it so tiers are still a thing on his site, so there's gotta be something.

Going back to yiff party, IDK on what to do on how to watch SmurfVlogs now without yiff party, and Smurf doesn't upload YT videos that much nowadays, so I honestly feel like I am out of luck.

Crossett

Sep 23, 2017
Lucky for me the main artist I was following was Albatross's "Nights in Ludos" series, and that's just had one page updated since all the issues began.

Earls Grey is one of my fav kind.
I'm more fond of a strong assam blend, but we're getting off-topic here.

RealKorra

Sep 22, 2018
Considering the sheer volume of content even eternally-broken kemono.party gets, I can't see a way a discord version could be made that isn't a total mess.
i mean, have you ever seen mine? my main server? massive amounts of content and i still manage the server.

KM1912

Dec 7, 2019
Well, if we are making a new Yiff.Party Alternative, imho it should have the base functionality of Yiff.Party, but refined and expanded. IE
  1. Be easy to import content to
  2. Let users who aren't importers should be able to request imports for a channel that is already imported
    • Yiff.Party attempts/attempted this by the "Request Update" button at the top of a channel thread
    • Maybe suggest having a person who imports data from that channel have the option to get pinged that people want updates for that channel?
  3. Be easier to suggest new content to import new channels
    • In Yiff.Party, the way to suggest new channels or directly ask for imports was via going to a large megathread that was not organized at all.
  4. Allow users to sort and import more than just Patreon
    • Subsribestar, Pixiv Fanbox.etc
    • Especially with patreon cracking down further on people who create work that is considered NSFW.
  5. Be responsive/Have a Server Status indicator of some sort?
    • The latter especially so we don't have this mess happen again with uncertainty.

The idea that makes me think that something like Yiff.Party should exist is for content preservation, some creator's channels may not exist forever or get removed, having a database like Yiff.Party helps preserve that content
And with people leaving patreon/patreon forcing people to leave, a site that only does things via patreon will not serve that element well at all.
I agree with this dude

RealKorra

Sep 22, 2018
i'm gonna going to need lot of information about the YP so i can properly build a version on Discord. please? i just want to try it. was it furry centered?

anung_un_rama

Nov 11, 2020
i'm gonna going to need lot of information about the YP so i can properly build a version on Discord. please? i just want to try it. was it furry centered?
Yes. It was created by a furry for furries. Anons invaded the site because they could get their fix of Cam Whores, Cosplay and Anime content there. A rift was created between these two groups and they fought constantly. In the end all Cam Whore Patreon content was removed by the Admin to free up server space and Anons got pissy and they started attacking the site.
I wouldn't be suprised if this was the reason for the site being down for so long.