Yiff.party is down or gone?

Nov 15, 2020
Well, that's progress, thanks Shino. Any Gumroad/SubscribeStar-related news?
Gumroad importer has been patched for a good while, only thing missing is external cloud service support, as some products store their files on them. I'm planning on integrating JDownloader into Kitsune (the scraper) which will be able to pick these up properly. This will also double as a sort of testing grounds for our greater plan to fully and automatically archive all MEGA/Dropbox/Google Drive links in the database, as well as those that come in the future.
Subscribestar... uh, yeah, the importer for that one has been broken for quite some time. I'm in contact with Mikf, the creator of gallery-dl (the program Kitsune depends on to access Subscribestar posts,) but I can't make promises as to when exactly it'll be fixed.

Oct 26, 2017
Alright, thanks for all the news and for taking the time to post KemonoDev, much appreciated. And it's also a great thing that you have external link database management planned.

As for SS, oh well, we'll see then. Thanks for the info.

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
Oh I was wondering to asked you this KemonoDev. From the begin they use to be a forum intergraded in the website before in was move to /Kemono/? Any planned of bring it back or you have other planned for something better then the two?

I dunno if stealth introduction of this feature would be for the better :unsure: . I mean communicating this to the artists with capital letters on the front page is not the best idea.
It won't even matter since most of them wouldn't be able to access the site thank to ISPs. :HideThePain:

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2020
KemonoDev Oh I was wondering to tell you this. From the begin they use to be a forum intergraded in the website before in was move to /Kemono/? Any planned of bring it back or you have other planned for something better then the two?
Eh, it doesn't really make sense to me to implement another integrated one, as opposed to existing software like Vichan which are tested and feature-complete. It's time and effort that could be used on more important tasks, and that's pretty important when there's only two active devs (and only one can write backend)
Speaking of boards, Partychan should be coming back sometime this month with a new server, as a collaboration between Kemono, Coomer, and Seiso.

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
Eh, it doesn't really make sense to me to implement another integrated one, as opposed to existing software like Vichan which are tested and feature-complete. It's time and effort that could be used on more important tasks, and that's pretty important when there's only two active devs (and only one can write backend)
Speaking of boards, Partychan should be coming back sometime this month with a new server, as a collaboration between Kemono, Coomer, and Seiso.
It better to have full control of something then it is to rely on third party. However, I get what you coming from. My last question will be is Partychan renamed of the old board you manage to retrieve full control over or its a brand new server and the old one you have in your header currently stay abandon.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2020
It better to have full control of something then it is to rely on third party. However, I get what you coming from. My last question will be is Partychan renamed of the old board you manage to retrieve full control over or its a brand new server and the old one you have in your header currently stay abandon.
New one will release with a completely different server, under my control. Can't do much about the old site.

Oct 26, 2017
That's good to hear. I misunderstood and thought there was also a coomer.party (which seems to be reserved already, as expected lol)

Oct 26, 2017
There will be. Ofans.party replacement I'm releasing this month (if everything goes according to plan) with all of the original content.
Right, I completely forgot about the OnlyFans seizure since I didn't even know about that thing. Thank you for the clarification. Won't be of much interest here personally but a nice addition to the rest if the database and system can take it.

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
its sad that yiff party is gone but kemono has updated and their search and servers are much faster now.
It was inevitable to happen knowing how that site was run. The sad part about it is the owner didn't open source his code and bounce with it.

Oct 26, 2017
What do you guys use to download *without* putting additional strain on the servers? As I said, I don't download often but getting 100ish KB/s from a single connection, and that's regardless of the time of the day.

The site seems to be working flawlessly so I suspect there's a severe download strain from crawlers.

(I'm on gigabit and no local issues from what I can tell, it's definitely remote.)

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
What do you guys use to download *without* putting additional strain on the servers? As I said, I don't download often but getting 100ish KB/s from a single connection, and that's regardless of the time of the day.

The site seems to be working flawlessly so I suspect there's a severe download strain from crawlers.

(I'm on gigabit and no local issues from what I can tell, it's definitely remote.)
Have a better PC rig is one. For some reason my previous laptop with low performance was effecting my KB/s even thought I had good internet speed. Number two; Having less tabs open and patience.

Oct 26, 2017
Have a better PC rig is one. For some reason my previous laptop with low performance was effecting my KB/s even thought I had good internet speed. Number two; Having less tabs open and patience.
Thanks for the tips and info. Only have a couple tabs open and hardware is good so guess I'll keep troubleshooting, heh.

Used to have 15MB/s from KP when I started to download some stuff, which is why I'm slightly worried about 24/7 crawlers trying to saturate the servers... or worse.

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
Thanks for the tips and info. Only have a couple tabs open and hardware is good so guess I'll keep troubleshooting, heh.

Used to have 15MB/s from KP when I started to download some stuff, which is why I'm slightly worried about 24/7 crawlers trying to saturate the servers... or worse.
Nothing wrong with your rig unless it's literally a potato toaster.

I don't know whether it's legit load, bots/crawlers, malicious DDOS or a deliberate change to counteract any of those but KP downloads got a lot slower a week (or a few weeks?) ago. They also started throwing an error if multiple simultaneous downloads are attempted manually by me in my browser where before I could pile up a dozen and then lean back waiting for them to complete.

Oct 26, 2017

I don't know whether it's legit load, bots/crawlers, malicious DDOS or a deliberate change to counteract any of those but KP downloads got a lot slower a week (or a few weeks?) ago. They also started throwing an error if multiple simultaneous downloads are attempted manually by me in my browser where before I could pile up a dozen and then lean back waiting for them to complete.
Many thanks for this, this was driving me crazy. Yeah no, not a potato toaster fortunately, lol.

The "error" you get is due to HTTP 429 (too many requests), a very basic prevention against too many requests within a short time, though it's usually within a timespan instead of multiple connections, and in this case confirmed there was a legit issue with mass crawlers using like 10 or maybe even 100 parallel connections.

Such a basic protection will not protect from aggressive and malicious crawlers so I hope KemonoDev (and others) have much more solid features.
Kemono is now on twitter :
What the hell is KemonoDev thinking here? I'm a bit curious :unsure:

Twatter isn't exactly friendly when it comes to this, though if that's an open invite to catch anti-piracy hypocrites red-handed, 100% support. Since RD8K seems to be from the yiff era, did YP also have surface SNS accounts...?

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2020

The error is intentional. Rate limits were imposed around a week ago that limit the amount of allowed concurrent connections to the data server per IP to three. This prevents scrapers from being able to slow down downloads for actual users. It is temporary until our infrastructure is able to serve more bandwidth. I'll add a message to the error to clarify this.

What the hell is KemonoDev thinking here? I'm a bit curious :unsure:

Twatter isn't exactly friendly when it comes to this, though if that's an open invite to catch anti-piracy hypocrites red-handed, 100% support. Since RD8K seems to be from the yiff era, did YP also have surface SNS accounts...?
One of our three admins suggested the concept, and while I hate Twitter myself, I liked the idea of having a presence there anyways, just to troll/mess with some of the more angry artists and promote the site to people who may potentially import. I disagree with the idea that the site should be secret, more users = more frequent updates and imports.
(But to be clear, I don't actually manage the account.)

Oct 26, 2017
The error is intentional. Rate limits were imposed around a week ago that limit the amount of allowed concurrent connections to the data server per IP to three. This prevents scrapers from being able to slow down downloads for actual users. It is temporary until our infrastructure is able to serve more bandwidth. I'll add a message to the error to clarify this.
Should still keep an eye out for those crawlers. They know how to create millions of accounts and use a botnet, you may need more advanced techniques if they are confirmed to paywall the pirated stuff on their private FTP servers for their own use (and making massive money out of it).

"Honest" people downloading stuff to properly redistribute it are obviously not the problem but there isn't exactly a quick and easy way to tell the intents except for redundant, untouched (or slightly modded) scripts and a pattern in the modus operandi.
One of our three admins suggested the concept, and while I hate Twitter myself, I liked the idea of having a presence there anyways, just to troll/mess with some of the more angry artists and promote the site to people who may potentially import. I disagree with the idea that the site should be secret, more users = more frequent updates and imports.
(But to be clear, I don't actually manage the account.)
While we disagree on the latter part, I see we agree on the former, heh. If you're confident about KP and MH being safe from attacks and ready to be outsourced with a ready-to-use, resumable, mergeable database when threatened, as well as having a horde of live archivists (I know Archive Team and Deathwatch are on it already but might not be enough to spread it to thousands of remote sources so hopefully there's more) to prevent the worst case scenario, then I completely understand your decision.

I respect it either way. Thank you again for taking the time to post here. :)

Edit: Honing my stealth edit skills.

Oct 26, 2017
So many replies gone wrong already.

Tried mentioning some from , KemonoDev? It's the link that was brought to attention in this thread two months ago. Many of the posts and replies are facepalm-worthy if you didn't see them.