Yiff.party is down or gone?

Nov 15, 2020
:FacePalm: Then why do they have the board link on the site header if they don't OWNED the damn board? The sheer amount of incompetence ever since they reverted back from that U.I. change. Make me questioned how they manage to even run the damn site in the first place.
The site was created as a partnership with ofans.party, meant to be a shared home for all *.party websites. I admittedly probably should've taken over the second Ofans died, but at least understand control was given to someone else for a good reason.

Nov 15, 2020
Also, I sincerely apologize for the issues we've been having as of late. I'm definitely no expert and Kemono is my first serious website I've built, so feel free to call me an incompetent idiot, but understand that I've been doing my best to keep paysite ripping alive ever since yiff.party died with limited time and resources.
By the way, if the favorite star doesn't show up, clear your cookies and site data.

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
We intentionally disabled this feature due to spam. A warning will been added to clarify this. It'll return once one of our developers finishes building a moderator review system for it.
That why I hold off using it Because it might mistake me as spamming the feature. When its the case their a 2 GB upload limitation and certain creator pack I have are over that limitation. So i'm gonna end up breaking it up and spamming 30+ .zip files per creator.

Oct 26, 2017
Please pardon my curiosity and potential rudeness, but the heck is that paid request thing? I've always been importing for free, not like I expect everyone to do the same but that's kinda sad even for artists that are clearly overdoing it (or to get the money back if it's an artist you don't like).

I'm sure others who made the mistake of uploading in a way they can get contacted had tons of requests on various boards where people blindly assumed everything that was uploaded was directly ripped from a party site (when it had simply not been imported yet). For free, of course, since hey, never mind that we importers spend our monthly wages on this shit and the time spent doesn't matter. Same reason the party sites go belly up, "everything is free" /rant :sneaky:

(Now if I actually misunderstood the feature, I apologize. Never actually used that request thing and never will.)

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
Please pardon my curiosity and potential rudeness, but the heck is that paid request thing? I've always been importing for free, not like I expect everyone to do the same but that's kinda sad even for artists that are clearly overdoing it (or to get the money back if it's an artist you don't like).

I'm sure others who made the mistake of uploading in a way they can get contacted had tons of requests on various boards where people blindly assumed everything that was uploaded was directly ripped from a party site (when it had simply not been imported yet). For free, of course, since hey, never mind that we importers spend our monthly wages on this shit and the time spent doesn't matter. Same reason the party sites go belly up, "everything is free" /rant :sneaky:

(Now if I actually misunderstood the feature, I apologize. Never actually used that request thing and never will.)
Creators/subscriptions that users on the site requested to be imported. Its optional to take those requests if you already importing stuff there.

Dec 4, 2020
That why I hold off using it Because it might mistake me as spamming the feature. When its the case their a 2 GB upload limitation and certain creator pack I have are over that limitation. So i'm gonna end up breaking it up and spamming 30+ .zip files per creator.
You probably would've been alright. I uploaded about 30 zips/rars to the same artists page some time ago and didn't get mistaken as a spammer. I guess whoever reports things as spam could atleast see I was uploading genuine content. The systems been reactivated now and I tried to upload a big pack lastnight from Legoman/LMSketch (just under 2GB) but it got stuck at 3% for about 10 mins so I just gave up. Might try again tonight. I don't think the pack is available anywhere else anymore (a now dead G-Drive link).

Oct 26, 2017
Been getting heavy slowdowns for both the importer and the download server for a few days. Anyone else experiencing this?

If that helps, I'm on a wired connection and using a VPN. Turning the VPN off doesn't seem to solve it, speed is non-VIP baidu levels of slow (roughly 40KB/s).

Oct 26, 2017
Update: Wasn't just me. Sofie and Shino finally took the hint and apparently added a strict query handler as well as some more stuff it's better not to talk about in detail (since F95 is fully crawlable) so it gives the devs more time to implement countermeasures in advance.

Suffer, mikocon and e-hentai ripping bots, and - for the latter - go back to your public dumps! Thanks for this KemonoDev.

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
Update: Wasn't just me. Sofie and Shino finally took the hint and apparently added a strict query handler as well as some more stuff it's better not to talk about in detail (since F95 is fully crawlable) so it gives the devs more time to implement countermeasures in advance.

Suffer, mikocon and e-hentai ripping bots, and - for the latter - go back to your public dumps! Thanks for this KemonoDev.
Here a hint for them. Make their SEO harder to find instead of being at the top page of every single artists I google search. Its a same issue I have with f95zone and they wonder why Kemono got blacklisted that easy. It take a basic google search to find a area were people import other people shit for free. I won't mind the crawlability from f95zone if it have a like sadpanda. They were smart about their countermeasures.

Last edited:

Oct 26, 2017
RD8K The devs were told about this but they seem to be insisting on it being popular (for "centralized leaks") rather than safe from attacks and scripts. Another solution is verified importer only.

This should at least slow down the lazy script users for the time being, but you're 100% right on it being far too visible.

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
Another thing I might suggest is a ability to report creator pages. Since, I been doing this download marathon on F95zone and checking if the creator I download within the thread has a kemono page. I been notice alot of Gumroad pages and few Patreon pages that been imported with zero content or their duplicated pages with one of having the content. Here an example of that: and

Oct 26, 2017
You're right. Seems like a broken thing with the nickname and IDs. Nobody really cares about the creator's handle as part of the URL so it should use an unique ID for that...

Now I'm worried about our imports going nowhere as a result or ending up on multiple pages.

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
RD8K The devs were told about this but they seem to be insisting on it being popular (for "centralized leaks") rather than safe from attacks and scripts. Another solution is verified importer only.

This should at least slow down the lazy script users for the time being, but you're 100% right on it being far too visible.
I thought they were against the idea the centralization ever since they made their code open source and learn after the creator of yiff.party shut down with his code.

For the content their hosting they had no choice but to go decentralize and add safety measures to their site. If kemono goes down, then what? all the content save up for years goes down with them if their centralized. We can't rely on one entity for a source of content, but many entity for that pacific content chaining with one another. I want these sites like 8muses, e-hentai, sadpanda, f95zone, 420chan, and kemono to work with one another and share their content back and fourth. So if one site goes down you have other sites to go back up to, until another site get rebuild to replace it.

What will be the point of verified importers if you can't see who importing that pacific content daily or how many member are like in F95zone? They use to have a board they can do that for. Until we find out they have no control over that board. Now its just been sitting their gathering dust for a month.

Last edited:

Oct 26, 2017
RD8K Well, at least that's what I heard from them. The problem with some of the sites you mentioned is they're too lazy to properly rip the stuff, which leads to massive data loss, so no one wins. If everyone ends up with thumbnails, we the content importers paying from day one will ultimately be the only ones besides the original creator (when they're not falsely claiming they no longer own it) with a way to properly archive it to multiple remote locations.

I agree 100% with decentralization (which is why I tried to convince the devs not to keep it in one place) and neither party, K nor S should be on the "surface" to stand a chance in the long run, but now this is a little bit more complicated if it's already way too established. If the goal is to make it "popular" and "efficient", it should be automated and run as many crawlers as possible while having mirrors and multiple CDN approaches.

EH has thousands of mirrors, but only a few are true mirrors. Most are half-assed clones with downscaled content. More importantly, it also has dozens of thousands of clients redistributing the content 24/7, including content that was "deleted", as the law only requires - according to the site administrator - that content be removed from any and all public access for DMCA compliance to work.

Sorry if this sounds pompous, I don't really know how to put this but yeah, I get your point and I agree with it, as long as everyone does it right. We don't need 100% lossless reproductions but we don't exactly want to end up with thumbnails or (permanently) corrupt files either.

Wouldn't it be ironic for a "communist pirate" paying for the content to be contacted by a creator just because they lost their content and give it back to them for free to show their gratitude for making cool stuff? 99% of the time (not 100%) this will lead to the creator being an asshole and cracking down on them but that's not what matters here. :)

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
Wouldn't it be ironic for a "communist pirate" paying for the content to be contacted by a creator just because they lost their content and give it back to them for free to show their gratitude for making cool stuff? 99% of the time (not 100%) this will lead to the creator being an asshole and cracking down on them but that's not what matters here.
I seem that happen alot when a creator get banned off of Patreon for BS reasons. They lost all their content half the time and they manage to get it all back by pirates lol. That why I tell these creators that piracy has its beliefs but it also a double edge sword. Yet like you said, these creators being assholes about it and try to cracking them down.

Oct 26, 2017
On top of this hypocrisy, the platform you mentioned has even deeper stuff going on for years, which is why I'm pretty hostile towards it. If you're curious, see and check with a certified accountant before paying a single one of all three potential taxes just to make sure, to keep it F95-safe (as this seems to be a sensitive topic), either as a creator or as a backer.

Plenty of uncensored alternatives for creators seeking a refuge and not really interested in dragging unwanted attention. Those platforms as far as I know also encourage more hardcore content, so it's all up to whether it's legal where they are located (and obviously international laws). Let's just hope they don't end up .

I believe Gumroad allows for this kind of stuff (and it's on KP which - hello staffers and janitors - is a successor of YP so this is not off-topic, thank you) but if a creator wants a less popular one, there are many options with fees ranging from 0.3% to 10% if they still don't feel too comfortable with "direct support".

(As for what concerns us content importers and the piracy audience, those platforms have different complexity when it comes to their APIs and general handling of the support system, so whether they'll end up on a YP successor is another story.)

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
262177 The best option for them is to go the same route like StudioFow did, build the own website, and have their community follow them for update their. Most artists use to do that back in the day until Patreon became a thing and they just outright abandoned that idea. Now they're paying for the price for being reliant on a third party that just change politics left and right.

Yea Takahashi, that guy. I heard about that story on (which is a site I forgot to mention within my list I might add) comment section when I was torrent stuff over their. It pain me to see Japanese artists still getting fool and can't see right though the BS of all these middle man from these platforms. Because the things he'd doing, they can do by just asking any of the ENG translators on these piracy site without paying fuckers like Takahashi. Takahashi know that, that why he'd been on this crusade/grandstanding of "ENG pirate translators are bad" nonsense because he'd doesn't like competition. "If I got big from it, you shouldn't" mentality.