Yiff.party is down or gone?

TitaniumDickDiamondBalls

Mar 24, 2019
You're right, was doing it wrong and trying it on a full search.
Ironically enough, lowercase returns Automata as the first result indeed... :sneaky:

Both profile-bound and full search queries seem to be quite wonky with unicode too.
I mean they are separate querries, so the more obvious one was quickly spotted and fixed whereas profile search was left as it is. My wild guess here.

Also there's a bug on mobile or it's my smartphone Opera issue. I'm getting 401 error when I pressed by an accident fav. artist without being logged in on the account. From what I see on desktop, it pop ups single window and then redirects to login screen. Unfortunately on my phone/browser it loops 10 time showing up that screen, every time I move from profile to profile without being logged in.

Oct 26, 2017
Now getting 429s as well as file access errors(?) from a single connection again, speed is terribly low, and tons of timeouts.
No problems on my end, ran a full diagnosis. ISP isn't at fault either. SSD SMART is at 98% (after 5 years) and runs perfectly fine. Down/up speeds are fine, ping and traceroute are fine, zero packet loss over 500 tries, no idle connections not being properly closed locally.

The site runs fine, so it seems to be the download servers acting up or being oversollicited once more. This has started right after the twitter trolling happened. Another possibility is remote single connections not being properly closed but the site immediately throws the errors so unless it fetches data from download servers before a single query happens, I'm at a loss here.

D

Deleted member 3936714

Hi. I'm lost in this thread:(. Is there alternative to yiff party with sims 4 artists?

Oct 26, 2017
Hi. I'm lost in this thread:(. Is there alternative to yiff party with sims 4 artists?
I don't even know what sims 4 artists is, sorry. New paywall?
And KP is far from a stable alternative to YP. I wouldn't even consider MH at this point if the current site is this bad.

(Also, hello there. Where are my manners...)

Nov 15, 2020
And KP is far from a stable alternative to YP. I wouldn't even consider MH at this point if the current site is this bad.

You going to elaborate on what I need to fix, or...

Oct 26, 2017
The download handler would be a good start. Feels like everyone and their dog are mass-crawling the site at this point, and that should not be possible unless you want to stress test the servers.

As long as the crawlers are importing back, that's fair enough, but if they don't, that's a sheer waste of resources as you shouldn't expect them to repost it anywhere else except for a hefty sum, behind a convenient gate.

TitaniumDickDiamondBalls

Mar 24, 2019
KemonoDev Any chance for tiles as post redirecting buttons ? In place of post titles and Go to post links ?

Also an idea, can you endorce searching for an artist gumroad account at least once before people start uploading packs ? I've seen they create multiple accounts for gumroad for the same artist.

Last edited:

Oct 26, 2017
KemonoDev Any chance for tiles as post redirecting buttons ? In place of post titles and Go to post links ?

Also an idea, can you endorce searching for an artist gumroad account at least once before people start uploading packs ? I've seen they create multiple active accounts for gumroad for the same artist.
That's a violation of Gumroad's ToS. Report them for having multiple accounts. Affiliates and multiple accounts are strictly forbidden for obvious reasons - this goes for Patreon, Gumroad, SubscribeStar, etc - and will be instantly terminated (and all account earnings frozen) if the staff (T&S for Patreon, not sure about the rest) gets proper evidence.

Patrons attempting to drive other patrons to multiple accounts will also get in trouble. So the short version here is instead of waiting for KemonoDev to fix it, you can just literally have all patrons blow the whistle to ensure there is either one or zero account. (Merging the accounts doesn't seem very easy unless it's dead obvious, but it provides a good starting point to connect the dots either way.)

If they created that account after deleting it themselves, that's allowed by the ToS and that's where T&S (and the respective teams for the other ones) is supposed to do the investigation. A suspension or ban still is a violation of the ToS, as it is a ban evasion.

Vanities suck and they shoud all really use UIDs by default. That's what the importer uses, but it isn't always easy to find if you're trying to export it somewhere else to propagate the content.

Last edited:

TitaniumDickDiamondBalls

Mar 24, 2019
Also how to upload packs if uploader is stuck between 85-90% ? I see gumroad packs being uploaded, but for some reason it doesn't work for me :/ ? Is it enabled or disabled in the end ?

D

Deleted member 3936714

Oct 26, 2017
Stealth minor cosmetic change, apparently. Downloads still super wonky but sometimes works instantly.

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
Now getting 429s as well as file access errors(?) from a single connection again, speed is terribly low, and tons of timeouts.
No problems on my end, ran a full diagnosis. ISP isn't at fault either. SSD SMART is at 98% (after 5 years) and runs perfectly fine. Down/up speeds are fine, ping and traceroute are fine, zero packet loss over 500 tries, no idle connections not being properly closed locally.

The site runs fine, so it seems to be the download servers acting up or being oversollicited once more. This has started right after the twitter trolling happened. Another possibility is remote single connections not being properly closed but the site immediately throws the errors so unless it fetches data from download servers before a single query happens, I'm at a loss here.
I thought I was the only one experience this. This been happening me alot with Gumroad packs over 2GB I'm trying to download. Its literally a gamble if it will error the 10th time or download the .rar folder that take like 5-6 hours.

Dec 4, 2020

He means "Sims 4 modders / mods for The Sims 4".

Just to confirm, is MH (Memory Hole?) up & running now?

I can't think of anything I'd like fixing or adding ATM on KP although I haven't thought too much about it. I guess the ability to open a post by clicking anywhere on the tile (as mentioned by another user earlier) would be a nice little cosmetic tweak. I haven't been on in a few days but I was on earlier today and the site & posts were loading fast which is a big plus.

Oct 26, 2017
He means "Sims 4 modders / mods for The Sims 4".
Thought so heh, thanks for confirming... Then nope, wrong thread for this, no game mods on KP, it's a paywall scraper.
Just to confirm, is MH (Memory Hole?) up & running now?

I can't think of anything I'd like fixing or adding ATM on KP although I haven't thought too much about it. I guess the ability to open a post by clicking anywhere on the tile (as mentioned by another user earlier) would be a nice little cosmetic tweak. I haven't been on in a few days but I was on earlier today and the site & posts were loading fast which is a big plus.
MH is still being developed afaik, but the current status of KP should really be the main focus.
I thought I was the only one experience this. This been happening me alot with Gumroad packs over 2GB I'm trying to download. Its literally a gamble if it will error the 10th time or download the .rar folder that take like 5-6 hours.
Thanks for reporting back. That makes two of us then, it's impossible to download anything above 50KB/s here, and sometimes it will flat out fail with a too many requests error (HTTP 429) when there's just one connection (not using any download accelerator, as this also creates additional connections) or file access (readwrite, I/O) error, which is beyond my scope of analysis. And sometimes it will immediately download 40MB in one go. Literally one second.

This isn't a peak traffic issue as it happens all day and night long, and may have been a thing for an entire week now.

Dec 4, 2020
That's a violation of Gumroad's ToS. Report them for having multiple accounts. Affiliates and multiple accounts are strictly forbidden for obvious reasons - this goes for Patreon, Gumroad, SubscribeStar, etc - and will be instantly terminated (and all account earnings frozen) if the staff (T&S for Patreon, not sure about the rest) gets proper evidence.

Patrons attempting to drive other patrons to multiple accounts will also get in trouble. So the short version here is instead of waiting for KemonoDev to fix it, you can just literally have all patrons blow the whistle to ensure there is either one or zero account. (Merging the accounts doesn't seem very easy unless it's dead obvious, but it provides a good starting point to connect the dots either way.)
I've seen a few artists do this myself. Its cheeky & greedy AF (and some people wonder why piracy is so rife!). Even when its not multiple accounts on the same site, and instead 1 artist has accounts on different paysites (with unique content on each) I still think thats truly "taking the p*ss". Splitting up your content between 2-4 sites so people have to spend 4x the money to see what was previously available on 1 paysite. You shouldn't be able to get away with it IMO.

It really is like greed gone totally out of control. I can only wonder what things will be like 5 years from now.

Ganto18 & VKorg both have accounts on Patreon but they're blatantly the same artist. I wonder how many people have called him out about that...

Dec 4, 2020
OK I've just found something. It looks like "predictive search" (results automatically adapt to what you're typing) was removed since the last time I used the site. To me this was a really good "speed & convenience" feature so thats something I'd love to see back.

anung_un_rama

Nov 11, 2020
I've seen a few artists do this myself. Its cheeky & greedy AF (and some people wonder why piracy is so rife!). Even when its not multiple accounts on the same site, and instead 1 artist has accounts on different paysites (with unique content on each) I still think thats truly "taking the p*ss". Splitting up your content between 2-4 sites so people have to spend 4x the money to see what was previously available on 1 paysite. You shouldn't be able to get away with it IMO.

It really is like greed gone totally out of control. I can only wonder what things will be like 5 years from now.

Ganto18 & VKorg both have accounts on Patreon but they're blatantly the same artist. I wonder how many people have called him out about that...
I was subscribed to a furry artist on Patreon named Chunie. I downloaded all his art from his feed. Most of it was 96 dpi. But 3 of the images were only 71 dpi. I messaged him asking nicely if he could reup the 3 images. He refused. I asked him if he had them in 96 at Dropbox or on Mega. He said he did not. A few days later he posted a new image. It was only 1 dpi. I replied to the post asking him if he posted the new image in 1 dpi just to spite me. He did not reply. Another patreon whiteknighted for him telling me to stop complaining. Next thing I know I got reported by Chunie for harrassment and he banned me from his Patreon page. A couple days later I remembered that he's also on . I have an account there that is under a different name from my Patreon account. So I subbed to him there. I went through his feed and low & behold his very first post had a Mega archive link of all his art. I went to it and every single image I was asking him to fix was there in 96 dpi.
That really pissed me off. All he had to do was give me the link for his Mega archive in a message and I would have been able to get the images in the resolution I wanted. But he chose to act like I was being an overbearing person and act like a victim. smh.

Oct 26, 2017

Great, another platform that has useless ToS/double standards then. Oh well. For the ones who copy/paste on multiple sites, depends on the intent but if they remove it every month, go ahead and report them as well just to see if the platform honors their own ToS of deceiving backers.

It's easy to tell if it's in good faith as they will outright tell you it's the same exact content and if you have already paid for it, you should *not* subscribe again on that platform as that would make you pay twice while keeping all of their content on all platforms, so this is just to reach out to a broader audience. Those artists are common enough, though many will still use a single platform (multiple platforms also require more time to reply to comments and stuff if they're honest, so makes sense).

The rarest breed of artists - possibly a handful out of millions - is artists telling you to never ever subscribe unless you absolutely have to and giving away stuff to every single tier (tailored to the plan of course) without special snowflake privileges and without time limits.

Indeed, you shouldn't be able to get away with it, but I've seen much deeper shit left unchecked even after many reports and investigations, so I'm not too surprised. Would be a bit hilarious if artists called pirates out for being pirates when they're part of a piracy fraud scheme themselves, sometimes unwillingly, but sometimes also completely willingly by establishing the scheme themselves.

Reactions: Afro-Herbalist

Oct 26, 2017
I was subscribed to a furry artist on Patreon named Chunie. I downloaded all his art from his feed. Most of it was 96 dpi. But 3 of the images were only 71 dpi. I messaged him asking nicely if he could reup the 3 images. He refused. I asked him if he had them in 96 at Dropbox or on Mega. He said he did not. A few days later he posted a new image. It was only 1 dpi. I replied to the post asking him if he posted the new image in 1 dpi just to spite me. He did not reply. Another patreon whiteknighted for him telling me to stop complaining. Next thing I know I got reported by Chunie for harrassment and he banned me from his Patreon page. A couple days later I remembered that he's also on . I have an account there that is under a different name from my Patreon account. So I subbed to him there. I went through his feed and low & behold his very first post had a Mega archive link of all his art. I went to it and every single image I was asking him to fix was there in 96 dpi.
That really pissed me off. All he had to do was give me the link for his Mega archive in a message and I would have been able to get the images in the resolution I wanted. But he chose to act like I was being an overbearing person and act like a victim. smh.
I guess I should have posted here sooner. Thank you for the feedback, this keeps adding up... Really sorry for what happened to you, but Patreon really is a shady place. I wouldn't even dare to comment in there at all. Even pausing a pledge for a single month exactly once in a full year can get you banned by the creator (this was before the yearly thing even existed) and Patreon won't do anything against that.

This leaves... pixiv fanbox. With tons of shady artists removing content and changing pledges in the middle of the month (both against the ToS). The platform itself isn't shady but oh damn, the artists sure are...