VN Ren'Py Completed Yomi Alliance [Final] [Bruni Multimedia]

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

redwind21

Aug 16, 2017
Interesting game. It reminds me a bit of Starfleet Academy. The only thing missing is Captain Kirk. That being said, I hope this game lives long and prospers.

gun506

Dec 1, 2017
A very interesting idea for a game and I am looking forward to seeing what you manage to make of it. However I noticed a few problems with how the game didn't properly react to your choices, an example being saying that we didn't save the chief medical officer when I managed to do so. There were a few others as well but I don't want to say too much here and spoil the game for everyone else. Best of luck to you.
Had a similar situation along with apparently simultaneously failing and succeeding every other decision for that part. I would get a dialog about how I succeeded at something immediately followed up with how I failed it.

Hrothgar

Aug 11, 2018
Yomi_Alliance_0.0.2 worked just fine for me, running Windows 10 64 bit on a two year old gaming laptop. Needs a native English editor, as there are some grammar/syntax errors as well as one really noticeable spelling mistake in your control panel for academy activities, "strenGTH". The game system looks interesting. I'm ready to see you roll out the actual game.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Interesting game. It reminds me a bit of Starfleet Academy. The only thing missing is Captain Kirk. That being said, I hope this game lives long and prospers.
Thank you. Starfleet Academy was indeed of inspiration and one of my favourite games back in 1998 :D

Had a similar situation along with apparently simultaneously failing and succeeding every other decision for that part. I would get a dialog about how I succeeded at something immediately followed up with how I failed it.
Considering they are if/else that's quite strange... Was the Captain referring to the same situations? Because it's expected she tells you about a list of achievements, but not one and then the same opposite one.

Yomi_Alliance_0.0.2 worked just fine for me, running Windows 10 64 bit on a two year old gaming laptop. Needs a native English editor, as there are some grammar/syntax errors as well as one really noticeable spelling mistake in your control panel for academy activities, "strenGTH". The game system looks interesting. I'm ready to see you roll out the actual game.
There's a kickstarter for that as well :D
Jokes aside, I know, but as you know I'm working on a very tight budget as it is, and editors have the habit to ask for payment for their job :D
As for the spelling mistakes, that's most distraction on my part, of course the game will need polishing and massive beta testing, which is why I now have a beta tester in the staff :)

Nkbs

Jun 20, 2018
Well it kinda reminds me of ME (Mass Effect) because of the Races (more or less) and the thing about being out in the Galaxy...

I was wondering if it will be more or less like that (ME) about Different Routes and else...

Looks very NOICE..

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Well it kinda reminds me of ME (Mass Effect) because of the Races (more or less) and the thing about being out in the Galaxy...

I was wondering if it will be more or less like that (ME) about Different Routes and else...

Looks very NOICE..
I posted a poll for Patrons to have them decide which kind of experience they wish on the main route of the game. The choices were:

- A "Star Trek"-like story
- A "Star Wars"-like story
- A "Battlestar Galactica"-like story
- An "Interstellar"-like story
- An "Altered Carbon"-like story
- Something else

And right now "Star Trek" received most votes. As Mass Effect is very similar to Star Trek in many things, and I'm a HUGE fan of Mass Effect (even Andromeda), I think you might be satisfied with the result. ;)

Reactions: Canto Forte

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Sorry yes, I wasn't being clear. I understand it is a difficult task, but immersion wise it would make the game even more promising and interesting :)
If I'll ever reach the first stretch goal on kickstarter (it's a very long shot) that's what I'm going to do, of course there will be fixed variations and not a character editor as in 3d games, but there will be 4 character variations as well).

If you can't pledge the kickstarter just spread the news about it with your friends and contacts, the difficulty is NOT getting backed, but spreading the word about the game to potential backers!

Kahamiloa

Nov 1, 2018
Hello, it seems to be a very promising game, renders are good, scenario look very good too and the weekly task schedule has an interesting approach. I look forward to seeing more from it.

I know it is a demo, but:

It feels like your are in a commander class even if you chose scientific, -> you are in charge.

I think there is a little mistake with the bend over if you choose Nixanti race and the dialogue with Sulijan (pictures in the attachment)

Thus, all my best encouragement to the Paris team and to the DEV, because this game has a huge potential. :)

I hope it will help

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Interesting, and a very cool concept, looking forward to seeing where it goes!

I have to say though, so far every conversation with Serena while playing as a Human is like :

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Added Demo v0.0.2

DISCLAIMER:
As well as the previous links, these are the official ones uploaded to other mirrors.
Also, don't download them from Patreon page, they are not updated.

Reactions: .ox

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Hello, it seems to be a very promising game, renders are good, scenario look very good too and the weekly task schedule has an interesting approach. I look forward to seeing more from it.

I know it is a demo, but:

It feels like your are in a commander class even if you chose scientific, -> you are in charge.

I think there is a little mistake with the bend over if you choose Nixanti race and the dialogue with Sulijan (pictures in the attachment)

Thus, all my best encouragement to the Paris team and to the DEV, because this game has a huge potential. :)

I hope it will help
Thank you! How so you look in charge even while being a scientist? You mean at the Academy?
For Sulijan conversation I'll definitely check on that. Thanks!

Interesting, and a very cool concept, looking forward to seeing where it goes!

I have to say though, so far every conversation with Serena while playing as a Human is like :

LOL, that's funny! I shall have a deeper look at how those conversation go...

Also, don't download them from Patreon page, they are not updated.
They are now. For some reason Patreon kept telling me my password was wrong... then it worked :D
Thank you!

Reactions: UnoriginalUserName

Nkbs

Jun 20, 2018
I posted a poll for Patrons to have them decide which kind of experience they wish on the main route of the game. The choices were:

- A "Star Trek"-like story
- A "Star Wars"-like story
- A "Battlestar Galactica"-like story
- An "Interstellar"-like story
- An "Altered Carbon"-like story
- Something else

And right now "Star Trek" received most votes. As Mass Effect is very similar to Star Trek in many things, and I'm a HUGE fan of Mass Effect (even Andromeda), I think you might be satisfied with the result. ;)
Im fan of ME too but not Andromeda. I played it of course but from Day 1 it had lots of Bugs... and the Story and else wasn't something so big like it was with the Shepard Trilogy.

Used to play it lots of times to see the different outcomes of each action.. the different scenes displayed and the everything...

Still.. like i said about your game..

It's: nicenicenice.jpg

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
It's not as crappy as it might seem on a first glance, but I can understand your feelings about it.

But let's not talk about Andromeda, I hope Yomi Alliance will fare better in reviews :D

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 4 Votes