Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
looks like the developer is leaving it to a poll. you can only make the same game so many times. guess well see his patreons drop again like with the last game that was voted on
What was the reason Ouroboros didn't work ?

People didn't like the switch of genre ?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Achilles1234

EpicReee

Feb 28, 2018
What was the reason Ouroboros didn't work ?

People didn't like the switch of genre ?
Costs / Effort wasn't worth the low amount of traction it got. If memory serves well the official reason was that when he was actively developing Yorna he gained X Patreons per month (or per update, idk) and with Ouro he gained like 1-2 new Patreons in the entirety of it's short lifespan.

Many people, including myself suggested to just cut the animated cgs and stick to stills (Which not only cuts off costs / effort by a TON, progressive stills just feel and look better overall in rpg-maker games too, but that's just my opinion)

glazedgooch

Apr 9, 2019
If only the scenes were animated! Sad days i can't get into games that don't have animated H-scenes. The girl looks really cute to so I'm pretty sad sbout this one.

Last edited:

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Costs / Effort wasn't worth the low amount of traction it got. If memory serves well the official reason was that when he was actively developing Yorna he gained X Patreons per month (or per update, idk) and with Ouro he gained like 1-2 new Patreons in the entirety of it's short lifespan.

Many people, including myself suggested to just cut the animated cgs and stick to stills (Which not only cuts off costs / effort by a TON, progressive stills just feel and look better overall in rpg-maker games too, but that's just my opinion)
Yes, the effort wasted on the production wasn’t anywhere close to the results. The patrons weren’t the sole reason, though definitely part of it. Ouro had less than 1/5 of page and posts visits compared to Yorna despite the fact it was already finished in EX state. Players weren’t interested in Ouro regardless of the features and quality.

As for the animation drop suggestion, it was hard to do since it was planed as one of the biggest points of interest. Some games were praised for their ERMAHERD animations and then I went to check these out, I saw pretty meh jittery single cycles on repeat. So~o, If people like THIS, quality animation should be even more interesting. Or so I thought.

So I wasted 3 months to make a somewhat proper RPG Maker <-> Live2D integration. The next was making several cycles of animations, so it won’t be just a single loop. Plus, all the speed variation adjustments, synchronization for stage change so the animation won’t jump into the new one immediately with a jerk, etc, etc.

After all this, I was expecting... Well, something. Yet I didn’t receive positive feedback, despite the mountain of work behind these H scenes. After dragging Ouro on for several months, I was too mentally drained to continue it even without animations.

EpicReee

Feb 28, 2018
I saw pretty meh jittery single cycles on repeat. So~o, If people like THIS, quality animation should be even more interesting.
Yeah that's why I don't like them in the slightest. They NEVER feel right even when done perfectly. Because if we look at hentai, it is meant to be animated (duh) and it feels right, it's an animation from start to finish. In games, no matter how good the quality is, you know it's a 2dcg but animated after the fact and it never feels right and lessens the enjoyment immensly. Though again, that's just how I feel about it. And IMHO, the only time they will ever start to work is when you actually create hentai-ish cutscenes instead of animated cgs. Because animated cgs always are connected to a feeling of being "a bit of both". You either go full hentai or use stills, everything inbetween looks half-assed and "couldn't decide which path to take", no matter the quality.

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
The is up for grabs, don’t forget to check it out!

The artists are hard at work and I expect some art to pop up during the week. Namely, Sarana’s H scene and the last addition to Ada’s already impressive wardrobe. It will be a lewd dress from one of the Octa enclaves. 3 H scenes are planned for v1.3.5 (not counting the variations), so stay tuned for updates.

Anubis scene from the previous update will get a small touch-up since the artist didn’t have time to do this before the release. I’ll add the art both to the game and the art packs for tier rewards.

Speaking about H scenes, I’m polishing new Sarana’s event. You can get it in the baron’s mansion after watching the cutscene about Jinko. This H scene will feature group action with some male clients. BECAUSE NOONE CAN STEAL MY TIGER GIRL! *slams a fist into the table* The narrative part is already done and I’m waiting for the art.

As planned, I’m working on getting the ambiance sound control for the options. It’s almost done but requires some testing since the new way of playing ambiance is not compatible with the previous one. So, double-checking is in order to avoid some nasty bugs.

v1.3.5 will bring another trap tack with rolling boulders and spikes. Yeah, similar to the one you can already see in the castle’s ruins on Ikko island. Looks like players liked this type of reflex-based activity the most. Also, I plan to gather feedback on the quick time event from the previous update. Though a bit later, then more players could try it out.

Fixed a grammar error in the description of “Vigil Aeterna” skill. No changes in logic and stats.

New monster girls 0 / 1

New H scenes 0 / 5

New puzzles & trap tracks 0 / 1

New dresses 0 / 1

Reactions: Natol

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
The is up for grabs, don’t forget to check it out!

Sadly, all the art is still in production due to various minor hiccups and artists’ problems in real life. It’s a bit of an uncomfortable shift, but I don’t think this will affect the release date. The new dress, Sarana’s mansion and Yorna’s H scenes should arrive during this week. I hope the new monster girl will join the fun too but it’s kinda iffy.

2 out of 3 H scenes are ready narrative-wise. Sarana’s and Yorna’s to be exact. So, I’m waiting for the art to arrive and code them into the game. After this, I’ll mark both of them as ready.

I’m done with the story maps tileset-wise and focus on adding the logic events and triggers. Despite this, I’m thinking about adding some extras for the endings cutscenes. We’ll see how this will play out.

Ambiance sound control is ready logic-wise. It took me some time to run all the tests, yet it was worth the effort – some potential bugs were fixed as the result. Now, I just need to adjust the options menu with a fitting background.

The new trap tack is ready too. It is similar to the one you can already see in the castle’s, but I added more spice to the action by using both dimensions to roll the boulders. If you liked the previous track, this one will be your cup of tea. Of course, these traps are optional and won’t affect the main plot.

Increased “heart” icons in trap track zones so players could clearly see how many tries they can do even with lower resolution displays.

All healing points where Ada can meditate in trap track zones are now renewable. You can use them only one time during the “run” but if you leave the zone and get back, they will be available again. This also affects the previous castle ruin trap zone.

New monster girls 0 / 1

New H scenes 0 / 5

New puzzles & trap tracks 1 / 1

New dresses 0 / 1

Reactions: Natol

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
comerc170820.png

Yorna v1.3 is up for download. You can check the changelog and get the new version here:

Windows – |

MacOS X – |

Linux family – |

Android – |

Don’t forget to copy your entire save folder into the new release to keep all your progress. In the case of mobile devices, just update the game via the apk file. This will retain all your progress.

Last edited:

R4RED

Apr 21, 2018
Sweet! Just downloaded 1.2.5 and then later found this.
Mega limit reached- boo for me. But saw Googledisk download still works while it can so I took it. Thank you. Time for another fap.

BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
View attachment 801460

Yorna v1.3 is up for download. You can check the changelog and get the new version here:

Windows – |

MacOS X – |

Linux family – |

Android – |

Don’t forget to copy your entire save folder into the new release to keep all your progress. In the case of mobile devices, just update the game via the apk file. This will retain all your progress.
Call me a super mega Hyper Deluxe Edition Donkey ...

but im REALLY BADDDDDDDD at sudokus i hate numbers and maths and that's why i always do maths with a calculator xD!

i even asked some irl friends about the symbol sudoku and they were like confused about how that was supposed to be a sudoku D: i wouldn't really REALLY ask if i wasn't an emergency so please whenever you have time mind to upload it on your YT channel mega hyper please <3 ?!

like trust me i tried i really tried D:

BrokenRose

Jan 21, 2018
Hey Yeehaw Games, can you confirm that the current story ends after beating the Pharaoh woman? I feel like I'm missing something because my save says I've only cleared 94% of the content.

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Call me a super mega Hyper Deluxe Edition Donkey ...

but im REALLY BADDDDDDDD at sudokus i hate numbers and maths and that's why i always do maths with a calculator xD!

i even asked some irl friends about the symbol sudoku and they were like confused about how that was supposed to be a sudoku D: i wouldn't really REALLY ask if i wasn't an emergency so please whenever you have time mind to upload it on your YT channel mega hyper please <3 ?!

like trust me i tried i really tried D:
Ok, I'll make a solution video after v1.3.5 release. It's a bit of a clusterfuck at the moment with all the preparations.

Hey Yeehaw Games, can you confirm that the current story ends after beating the Pharaoh woman? I feel like I'm missing something because my save says I've only cleared 94% of the content.
It's the end for v1.3 but not the whole story. Check out trap tracks and other optional activities like quests to fill up the clearance bar.

Reactions: BrokenRose

Burma

May 22, 2018
Git gud, stop losing ... error fixed.

I can't properly put into words how much I despise those shitty rape RPG mechanics.

Please, never EVER do that.
Someone likes it, as you can see. You can just skip those or don't play at all.

MasterDragon

May 13, 2018
Hmmmm, all of a sudden MC can't attack monsters in any of the zones. They just get a ? over their heads and nothing happens. Couldn't find anything on this from doing a search on the thread. Anybody know what I did to screw her up...errr...keep her from getting screwed? LOL

Draghough

May 26, 2017
Hmmmm, all of a sudden MC can't attack monsters in any of the zones. They just get a ? over their heads and nothing happens. Couldn't find anything on this from doing a search on the thread. Anybody know what I did to screw her up...errr...keep her from getting screwed? LOL
Sounds like you've turned the Sneak skill on... untitled.png or some weird ass bug
It's a toggle skill , will stay until turned off , see if that was the case if not , may want to send your saves to dev

---
Shady guy (gallery) code for v1.3 : 3291

Reactions: Raragi
4.30 star(s) 24 Votes