ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
This is what I like about YTLAG. Only bare minimum graphics. Other HTML/Twine games I've played cram as much pictures/videos into their downloads, forcing downloads of upwards of a couple gigabytes. The best games come when you have great writing skills and allow the player to use their imagination. Games like Paths and Invasive Species (1) do this as well, and they are among my favorites.
I quite agree; ironically enough two games which i consider to be really successful at their world building, storytelling and such, are Degrees of Lewdity and Secretary... and i suspect it's at least to some extent because they aren't tied/slowed down by having to provide rich gfx illustrations for their scenes, and it allows the writing to shine.

TheFamilyDog

Jan 25, 2022
I quite agree; ironically enough two games which i consider to be really successful at their world building, storytelling and such, are Degrees of Lewdity and Secretary... and i suspect it's at least to some extent because they aren't tied/slowed down by having to provide rich gfx illustrations for their scenes, and it allows the writing to shine.
And their creators have more time for the writing then chasing down some image or video file for a scene.

BotArk

Jun 25, 2022
question is there something im doing wrong or is there a reason why no matter what the second Jessica date never shows up like after talking about the first one on the beach with the friends then nothing happens weeks went by and nothing happened no option ever poped up for it and nothing ever happened to trigger it.

BotArk

Jun 25, 2022
question is there something im doing wrong or is there a reason why no matter what the second Jessica date never shows up like after talking about the first one on the beach with the friends then nothing happens weeks went by and nothing happened no option ever poped up for it and nothing ever happened to trigger it.
update I changed bowers form a fire fox based one to a chromium based one and it seemed to have fixed the problem.

HarveyD

Oct 15, 2017
4. The endless repeating of daily events. Seeing the event where you lose your bikini while diving is amusing the first time, the tenth time you just wish you could fast foward to the daily choices. Eventually it gets to the point where you're clicking through the same events hoping for something new and wondering if you softlocked yourself.
Gotta agree with this. Spent a lot of time just doing the same thing hoping for something new. Or avoiding choices that seemed to be contradictory, like having Raven teach you whilst also being able to spy on them with Jessica, when you're not sure if that'll mess up flags or is necessary to advance.

Vim!

Jul 14, 2022
That dialogue is based on checking girlfriend.sawBoobs which can potentially fail (and in my case, it did) -- this flag is only set to true if MC has sex with Jessica and takes off their shirt during the act *and* to make matters worse, Girlfriend Beach Sex Start passage inexplicably sets this flag to false even though Jessica definitely saw MC has breasts during their beach date, so it makes zero sense to make her forget it at that point.

To make it simple, you could just add sawBoobs field to witch variable and set it in situations where Raven is likely to see them. It'd mirror functionality girlfriend variable has, making it easier to remember what it's for some few months down the road when you revisit your code.

The problem with this approach is, in my case the option to break up blocked access to repeatable strap-on fuck scenes. (as well as Girlfriend Hang Out 2 scene) I guess technically these scenes weren't "new" anymore, but being able to revisit them is desirable -- not only they allow the player to affect their masculinity/feminity and dominance/submission stats, being able to have sex with your girlfriend more than once in two months is simply nice from RP standpoint.

I don't think your players are so dumb they won't be able to figure out that in order to "break up" with Jessica they need to "meet with Jessica", just like they meet with her to perform all other interactions. No need to worry. :v

Incidentally, it's perfectly possible to not unlock this ability before the reality shift (simply by avoiding masturbation after the first time) which leads to silly situation in which you're never able to unlock it. As for having to unlock it in order to get the "component" for the spell, i believe it is unnecessary limitation -- the player might decide that gathering the component is important enough for MC they'd risk a transformation rather than have Griffin put his hand on their private bits.

I've attached a save; pick Change in the room to trigger transformation, and pick your voice as the target. When you're done, Raven will advise you to try to sound like a guy. IIRC so will Jessica if you trigger that transformation later, with her around.

The thing is, at this point you can still be couple inches shy of 6" tall, have ~70 points of arm strength and good enough accuracy to keep your spot as primary QB in regular reality. So the game itself acknowledges you're actually (still) better than most of these guys when it comes to throwing a ball around. And yet, you'll fail completing even a single throw while guys who are nowhere near you when it comes to skill and not *really* stronger are supposedly doing it all near perfect and much better? To put it differently, what the game is asking for the best outcome is at that point not hard but plain impossible (e.g. with height of 5'2" you will only pass the check with 100 strength, but having such height puts a cap on your strength that's significantly lower than 100) and paints a somewhat nonsensical picture.

She will do it for the very first practice, yes. She won't do it afterwards (which is why i said it's on subsequent visits) *and* the game will neither let you leave your room dressed up in your cheerleader outfit as you're expected, nor has you switch to it after you get to the gym like it forces you to put on your workout clothes on every other visit. I could buy it's something that happens behind the scenes *if* it wasn't for the game otherwise making you perform each clothing changes explicitly/manually, complete lack of mention a change took place in the scene text, and the paperdoll blatantly showing your character in her casual outfit while she's supposedly doing routines in her cheerleader outfit she's demanded to wear and which the game insists you take off after the practice is done. It's not a big issue but any means, but it's a little jarring given it doesn't match how the rest of the game works in this regard.

Uhh... Whitney explicitly tells you she'll practice with you in the mornings on weekends. The game up until this point never allowed you to put on your cheerleading uniform while changing clothes in the gym. The scene which you get when you arrive to the gym doesn't mention at all you could actually put on cheerleader clothes and practice with Whitney instead of doing the usual yoga workout in your regular workout outfit. How do you expect the player to just magically know this has become an option, when everything up to this point makes them believe it is not? ;/

Unfortunately, not. This is probably a bug/oversight, but you don't actually get 3 weekends of practice with Whitney. Despite what she tells you on Friday, November 22nd, the option to "meet Whitney in the gym" only unlocks on weekend in early December, after the subject of Winter Ball comes up during lunch on November 24th. For the weekend of November 23-24th you can't even visit the gym in the morning at all, there isn't even the basic "work out" option. This leaves just 2 weeks i.e. 4 sessions total before the championship match and thus your last opportunity to get A+ happens.
I implemented all of your suggestions. You now need 75 arm strength to throw the ball to your teammate.
Gotta agree with this. Spent a lot of time just doing the same thing hoping for something new. Or avoiding choices that seemed to be contradictory, like having Raven teach you whilst also being able to spy on them with Jessica, when you're not sure if that'll mess up flags or is necessary to advance.
You can spy on the witches even if Raven is teaching you. The witches will catch you and remind you about it when you're trying to get them to let you into their club.

Reactions: ffive

HarveyD

Oct 15, 2017
You can spy on the witches even if Raven is teaching you. The witches will catch you and remind you about it when you're trying to get them to let you into their club.
I only got as far as Raven going to ask them about letting you in after doing the ritual. I never got any option to talk to her about it again and wasn't sure if that had messed it up.

Vim!

Jul 14, 2022
Actually, I think I might have been right to have the outcome of the water polo game depend on the main character's strength and height. She's treading water, so the ball is starting from a lower angle, and the guy guarding her is tall so he can easily swat it down.
I only got as far as Raven going to ask them about letting you in after doing the ritual. I never got any option to talk to her about it again and wasn't sure if that had messed it up.
After the next witchcraft club meeting (they meet on thursday and saturday), you can ask Raven what happened.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Actually, I think I might have been right to have the outcome of the water polo game depend on the main character's strength and height. She's treading water, so the ball is starting from a lower angle, and the guy guarding her is tall so he can easily swat it down.
Oh i'm not questioning the way the outcome is calculated, i think these factors make sense. The odd part is only how high the overall requirement is set.

Actually, scratch that -- when you think about it the height factor doesn't make that much sense because all players are treading water. So, it matters very little (or at least less) these dudes are taller when they, too, are submerged and all that sticks out is heads and shoulders.

The arm reach does offer some advantage, yes, but if you want to listen to three-times Olympic gold medalist, when it comes to water polo, "because the water evens out the playing field". And well, she'd probably know. ;)

HarveyD

Oct 15, 2017
After the next witchcraft club meeting (they meet on thursday and saturday), you can ask Raven what happened.
The option to do that never happened for me. Also when speaking to uhh.. Mrs Snow? Mrs Storm? The big witch lady. She said Raven tells her that you hate being a girl, despite me having selected every option I could to imply I liked it. Is that supposed to happen?

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
The option to do that never happened for me. Also when speaking to uhh.. Mrs Snow? Mrs Storm? The big witch lady. She said Raven tells her that you hate being a girl, despite me having selected every option I could to imply I liked it. Is that supposed to happen?
On this note, is talking with the witch lady something that's supposed to be a fixed event, or does it only happen on specific path(s)? I never had such event in my playthrough, only a minor talk with Griffin during lunch about her and voicing opinion whether it'd be right for Raven to be punished for what she'd done.

Ashanyra

Oct 29, 2018
Hi, nice game. I look forward for updates.
One thing i found:
- if you don't have to wear a bra, at some time you'll just can join the yogaclub without a bra and withouta shirt and nobody say something ;). (in the text is mentioned, all other members a just in sportsbra)

Regards,
Ashanyra

Vim!

Jul 14, 2022
Oh i'm not questioning the way the outcome is calculated, i think these factors make sense. The odd part is only how high the overall requirement is set.

Actually, scratch that -- when you think about it the height factor doesn't make that much sense because all players are treading water. So, it matters very little (or at least less) these dudes are taller when they, too, are submerged and all that sticks out is heads and shoulders.

The arm reach does offer some advantage, yes, but if you want to listen to three-times Olympic gold medalist, when it comes to water polo, "because the water evens out the playing field". And well, she'd probably know. ;)
Really? On the football field, Courtney is standing up so it's easy to throw the football over everyone's heads. In water polo, the "ground" is at her shoulders.
The main character complained about being cursed at the beginning, and that's what Raven told Ms. Winter.
On this note, is talking with the witch lady something that's supposed to be a fixed event, or does it only happen on specific path(s)? I never had such event in my playthrough, only a minor talk with Griffin during lunch about her and voicing opinion whether it'd be right for Raven to be punished for what she'd done.
It won't happen until you've gotten enough transformations.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Really? On the football field, Courtney is standing up so it's easy to throw the football over everyone's heads. In water polo, the "ground" is at her shoulders.
The catch here is, the game considers difference between MC's current height and opponent's height as extra difficulty that increases the shorter MC is. But this difference in water actually remains pretty much the same regardless of MC's height, because all that extra height of her opponent only means the opponent's feet are deeper in the water, not that there's more of him for MC to throw the football over.

So, making the shot somewhat difficult to pull off is reasonable; increasing the difficulty the shorter MC is, this part is arguable. (especially when the game doesn't do that at all in the football parts of the game, where it actually would have more impact)

gecko2

Jul 16, 2018
How do you use the girl's bar during practice? So far I've only ever had the work out with machines and the leg workout. There's also the option of using the bar, use reduced weight or full weight. But at no point I've encountered the option to use the girl's bar.

Girlyarry

Feb 5, 2022

The main character complained about being cursed at the beginning, and that's what Raven told Ms. Winter.

It won't happen until you've gotten enough transformations.
vim when is the next update because you update monthly

Reactions: Green_fishtank

Vim!

Jul 14, 2022
0.41.2 has been released for everyone, and 0.42.0 is out on SubscribeStar and Patreon.

I'm sorry for the delay in between updates. I had to go through the entire game to find places the MC could use her new mannerisms, and that took a while. I'm still planning on monthly updates.

0.41.2 link:

What's new in 0.41.2:
  • The trans path is now a sandbox!
  • Added three new scenes for when Corey gets too aroused and orgasms during class. These scenes were mostly written by PinPig
  • Added a big scene where Courtney tries to keep her spot on the team after coming out as trans
  • Added a lunch scene where you can tell your friends about that practice
  • Added a new scene talking to Jessica about your parents visiting if you've already come out as trans
  • There's now a warning before practicing or working out if you or Griffin have maxed out stats
  • Went through all the lunch scenes and made sure the other characters called you by the right pronouns if you're trans
  • Fixed Jessica date getting set up if you’re already dating someone else
  • Required player to wear bra after reality change
  • Fixed pants and shirt being removed at lake if you take off one of them
  • Removed strapons from paperdoll after sex
  • Fixed bug that made it impossible to access other Jessica scenes if you're able to break up with her
  • Trying to work out on the trans path without yoga pants prompts you to get yoga pants
  • Made it so you only get two actions on days with football practice
  • Made some Raven scenes unavailable after the reality change
  • Fixed continuity errors and typos

What's new in 0.42.0
  • Six new mannerisms (hip swaying, girly handwriting, girly taste in music and movies, pouting, crossing your legs, playing with your hair)
  • Almost 1000 places where the main character uses their new mannerisms (this took up most of my time)
  • Added a scene where you can give Griffin a blowjob under the covers if your teammates catch you in his room
  • Your voice will now change from blue text to pink text as it gets transformed

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: ffive and BeccaBoo

jbomb

Dec 28, 2017
Is there a way to prevent the loss of the character dick? Small is fine, but curious if you can keep it and if so how? and if not will there be a way in future updates?

xana94

Nov 13, 2021
Is there a way to prevent the loss of the character dick? Small is fine, but curious if you can keep it and if so how? and if not will there be a way in future updates?
…no. That’s what starts and drives the plot, the loss of it. It would require a complete rewrite of the story

Reactions: Vim! and BeccaBoo
4.60 star(s) 15 Votes