jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
Is there a mod I can use to remove the talking heads near the dialogue box? I can't stand games that do that. It's not necessary.
I don't like it normally either, but I have played a few games where the English translation was so bad it was hard to know what was being said, so at least seeing who was saying it helped figure out WTF was going on sometimes. :LOL: So I wonder whether the concept originally came from games being hard to follow by players who may not speak a game's language very well?

Reactions: Aurelius Ambrosius

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
I don't like it normally either, but I have played a few games where the English translation was so bad it was hard to know what was being said, so at least seeing who was saying it helped figure out WTF was going on sometimes. :LOL: So I wonder whether the concept originally came from games being hard to follow by players who may not speak a game's language very well?
Nah, the concept came from games with bad or pixelly main game art still wanting to have nice portraits for the characters, so the side-image idea lets them show a nicer portrait from a set of them (often based on the character's emotion, to replace the need to change the main image to more directly fit the dialogue). It lets them extend the "dialogue lines per main render" ratio without the game feeling quite as static.

Reactions: jI11jaCksjAkk

Nitwitty

Nov 23, 2020
Nah, the concept came from games with bad or pixelly main game art still wanting to have nice portraits for the characters, so the side-image idea lets them show a nicer portrait from a set of them (often based on the character's emotion, to replace the need to change the main image to more directly fit the dialogue). It lets them extend the "dialogue lines per main render" ratio without the game feeling quite as static.
I think that's an outdated technique and frankly a bit lazy. Perhaps it takes more work for the artist, but I like to see the subtle changes to a render to convey emotions or reactions or whatever. I'll try the mod and see how it works out.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
I think that's an outdated technique and frankly a bit lazy. Perhaps it takes more work for the artist, but I like to see the subtle changes to a render to convey emotions or reactions or whatever. I'll try the mod and see how it works out.
I agree completely(*), but I was answering the question about how it got started as a thing.

(*) One of my favorite games is Stormside, and Atemsiel really hates the idea of having lines of dialogue not match a render's expression.

Reactions: Nitwitty

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
I currently play S2 ch4, but for some reason during the hospital scene it says Season 2, Chapter 2.
Did I do something wrong or am I on a different path that didn't get updates?

I could just use chapter select, but I'm curious if this is a known bug or what caused it.

Last edited:

troube12345

Dec 12, 2023
oops, fixing now. Thanks binglebangles for catching this!

Torrent: ( ) ❤
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You can find additional information and if you find this useful, we also accept !
Join for requests/support and get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)

Problems with a torrent? Check our , and if you still need help let me know here!
Please do not derail the game-thread!
torrent link is broken. Would you renew?

troube12345

Dec 12, 2023
All three are here:
Is Turkish TL included in the games in the link you shared? Because the broken link is the Turkish TL link. When I click on the link I marked in the first screenshot, the place in the second screenshot opens. I replied this post/reply(whatever) because the torrent link there was not working. 1704205810623.png 1704206413442.png

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Is Turkish TL included in the games in the link you shared? Because the broken link is the Turkish TL link. When I click on the link I marked in the first screenshot, the place in the second screenshot opens. I replied this post/reply(whatever) because the torrent link there was not working.
It isn't, no. That's a mistake by whomever updated the thread. I'll report it and ask them to fix it.

Reactions: troube12345

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
I'm at the part where you must choose who to tell grace is MC's girlfriend. Can anyone tell me what this choice will affect?

4.10 star(s) 89 Votes