jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
Like, literally, in the post above yours? And, as always, public release a week after silver tier.
Well, I saw that post because it popped up in my notifications, but I had no idea what it meant RE public release. I follow lots of threads for games I like but I have NO idea what any of their release schedules are and/or what "silver" means in this dev's release order. So I don't think it was a silly question (if anything the post announcing "silver" without including WTF that means for us leeches was odd), so I appreciate your specifying the exact timeline until public release. Thanks. (y)

reflexbound

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2020
jI11jaCksjAkk I know it isn't obvious, that's why I included it in my post. I'm just making a little fun about the many people asking such questions even in situations where all information was given.
I do, though, think that if someone was interested, they could have taken the 15 or so seconds to read that post, ask themselves what silver in this case meant, went to the first post and from there to Patreon or Subscribestar and read it up themselves. It surely would not take much longer than writing a question post and way shorter to actually get the answer. Some might also consider asking a question on which you could easily have found the answer yourself a little disrespectful, like demanding others to spend their time instead of spending your own. I'm indifferent on that, I don't mind answering the question, I just wanted to make that a little more fun.

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
jI11jaCksjAkk I know it isn't obvious, that's why I included it in my post. I'm just making a little fun about the many people asking such questions even in situations where all information was given.
I do, though, think that if someone was interested, they could have taken the 15 or so seconds to read that post, ask themselves what silver in this case meant, went to the first post and from there to Patreon or Subscribestar and read it up themselves. It surely would not take much longer than writing a question post and way shorter to actually get the answer. Some might also consider asking a question on which you could easily have found the answer yourself a little disrespectful, like demanding others to spend their time instead of spending your own. I'm indifferent on that, I don't mind answering the question, I just wanted to make that a little more fun.
I get it - normally nobody is more sarcastic than me, and mocking laziness is one of my favorite pastimes. :cool: But I was actually 100% sincere in Thanking you for being specific in your post because I had no idea what the post about the Silver Tier release meant.

There are endless games on F95 and every dev has different release schedules and names them in different ways (e.g., silver could be middle-of-the-pack if dev has lots of tiers, or almost-public if a dev has fewer tiers, or maybe silver is an LI reference meaning MILF...and in that case whether it is highest tier or lowest would change completely depending on the game, etc.) And not all devs even post their release schedules publicly either - some are behind the paywall completely. And there are just too many games to assume posters are going to go to other sites looking for all the pre-public release details for every game they are interested in.

So posting "Chapter 7 of YA is now available for Silver Tier" on F95 without saying what that means to F95 users (1 week away from public release) seems...almost rude. If I was already on the other site to know what "Silver" meant...I would know the release schedule and would have no need of a post here announcing the Silver Tier release, right?

4.10 star(s) 90 Votes