VN Ren'Py Abandoned Young Lust [v0.21a] [VinnLemon]

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Game is buggy just on launching the game I get this error. BTW this is first time playing and it's the latest version.. I think you need some bug tester because to start off with a game crash when starting it not a good sign.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 358, in execute
    screen main_menu():
    screen main_menu():
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 392, in execute
    imagebutton auto "gui/overlay/Discord_%s.png" action OpenURL("https://discord.gg/MAeC7rwd") xalign 0.92 yalign 0.014
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image. (auto=u'gui/overlay/Discord_%s.png').

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3101, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3512, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 567, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 432, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3512, in <lambda>
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 443, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 631, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
    screen main_menu():
    screen main_menu():
    imagebutton auto "gui/overlay/Discord_%s.png" action OpenURL("https://discord.gg/MAeC7rwd") xalign 0.92 yalign 0.014
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 952, in _imagebutton
    idle = choice(idle, idle_image, "idle", required=True)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 946, in choice
    raise Exception("Imagebutton does not have a %s image. (auto=%r)." % (name, auto))
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image. (auto=u'gui/overlay/Discord_%s.png').

Windows-10-10.0.18362
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Young Lust v0.21a
Fri May  7 16:17:31 2021

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Game is buggy just on launching the game I get this error. BTW this is first time playing and it's the latest version.. I think you need some bug tester because to start off with a game crash when starting it not a good sign.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    screen main_menu():
    screen main_menu():

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3101, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3512, in interact_core
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 432, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3512, in <lambda>
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 443, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 631, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
    screen main_menu():
    screen main_menu():
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 952, in _imagebutton
    idle = choice(idle, idle_image, "idle", required=True)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 946, in choice
    raise Exception("Imagebutton does not have a %s image. (auto=%r)." % (name, auto))

Windows-10-10.0.18362
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Young Lust v0.21a
Fri May  7 16:17:31 2021
I think you're a version off but this is why many developers like Major.Minor.Revision instead of X.Major ABC as it's less confusing to just iterate the Revision instead of this being version X A MkII :p

From the front page
Re-uploaded 0.21a for anyone who had launch issues!
Though from the code you provided this "gui/overlay/Discord_%s.png" is expecting some parameters. Mainly Idle & Hover
I'm lazy so just taking a discord button from by u/sugarcanes1111

However since I don't have the older version of File "game/screens.rpy" I'll throw two things up
  • A Discord button. If the file doesn't exist and you place it there then the problem goes away
  • The Scripts I have for v0.21a which don't reference Discord
Hope that helps :)

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
I think you're a version off but this is why many developers like Major.Minor.Revision instead of X.Major ABC as it's less confusing to just iterate the Revision instead of this being version X A MkII :p

From the front page

Though from the code you provided this "gui/overlay/Discord_%s.png" is expecting some parameters. Mainly Idle & Hover

However since I don't have the older version of File "game/screens.rpy" I'll throw two things up
  • A Discord button. If the file doesn't exist and you place it there then the problem goes away
Ok I extracted both and it started up fine this time. I can't remember if I downloaded from Mediafire or Mega for this .21a version but it was from one of them 2 that I had the bug so thanks.

Now can someone tell me how to unlock Lexi Gallery first scene? I can't figure out anyway to unlock it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1663167

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2019

From the front page

So originally, I had both the hover AND idle buttons in the GUI files exactly how the Patreon button was. The button worked when testing the game in Ren'Py, but for some reason every time I extracted the game, it gave that "Missing discord image" error. I tried many variations like changing the file type, doing a manual check that checks for both idle and hover (not using _%s), re-creating the images, but nothing seemed to work. However on the current version I'm working on, the button seems to be working fine now, even though I did not change anything. So next major update, this problem will be resolved!

I would rather people not have to manually put the images in themselves for the future! But, this is a nice small fix for the time being.

EDIT: This may have also been because I did a FULL project duplicate to update the game for 0.21a, since I already had a bunch of progress on my main project for 0.30 made, I used a second duplicate to make the changes for 0.21a necessary. There may have been some transfer problems with some scripts, but everything seems to be in order on the main project.

Last edited:
Reactions: masterdragonson

Deleted member 1663167

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2019
Ok I extracted both and it started up fine this time. I can't remember if I downloaded from Mediafire or Mega for this .21a version but it was from one of them 2 that I had the bug so thanks.

Now can someone tell me how to unlock Lexi Gallery first scene? I can't figure out anyway to unlock it.
I'll take a look at the download links again, thank you for bringing this up! By chance did you download the PC or mac build?

Also, Lexxi's 1st scene is in the prologue, You have to go through specific choices to get to it. :3

Reactions: hofom77573

Makkun

Aug 26, 2019
I like the look of the characters and some of the girls even have a nice personality, but I thought that the sex scenes with them were very fast even for an adult game.

I think I should have had a little more history to finally have a sex scene.

PS: Discord's invitation is invalid, can you update the link?

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Has this game been dropped? The patreon link appears nothing there and no updates in over 2 months.

Deleted member 1663167

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2019
Has this game been dropped? The patreon link appears nothing there and no updates in over 2 months.
Unfortunate circumstances have come up in my life, and I have made the decision to abandon the project. I paused my Patreon, and may return to the project one day, but for right now, I am currently unable to work on it further. :(

Big thanks to everyone who enjoyed the game for the small amount of time spent on it! As a token of my appreciation for any new people who play it, or if you had trouble playing it and figuring stuff out... Here is the FULL walkthrough for the most recent version.

I will still remain an active member of the community here!

Elenmir

Mar 25, 2020
Unfortunate circumstances have come up in my life, and I have made the decision to abandon the project. I paused my Patreon, and may return to the project one day, but for right now, I am currently unable to work on it further. :(

Big thanks to everyone who enjoyed the game for the small amount of time spent on it! As a token of my appreciation for any new people who play it, or if you had trouble playing it and figuring stuff out... Here is the FULL walkthrough for the most recent version.

I will still remain an active member of the community here!
Hope everything in real life works out for you, take care of yourself. :) Thank you for the game I really enjoyed what you have so far and I love this style of art/game. I'll keep looking forward to you returning to it at some point if you can.