VN Ren'Py Abandoned Young Lust [v0.21a] [VinnLemon]

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
I will probably look into that global define actually, that would work pretty good for what I'm doing. With how big the game is planned to be, having global variables for saves could prove beneficial. Thank you!
You might also be interested in data. This file generally stores settings and gallery info but you can throw lots of things into it.

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
Hello! Did you happen to load a save from v0.10 in v0.11? The way the code is set-up, is I defined the [step_mother] variable (instead of having just "Christina") on the 0.11 update to further help with an incest patch implementation. So if you loaded a save from v0.10 at a later point in the game where it didn't define [step_mother], this could have caused the crash. I should have put a warning on the post that says old saves won't work. My mistake! I will fix it.

If that is not what happened and you got this error from a fresh 0.11 run-through, then I will do some testing on my end and figure out what happened, to ensure this doesn't happen in the future! Thank you for pointing this out! :3
That's what it was, a save from v0.10.

RIC0H

Well-Endowed Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2020
Young Lust [v0.21] - Compressed

Original Win Size: 795MB
Win Compressed Size: 262MB - -

Original Mac Size: 760MB
Mac Compressed Size: 228MB - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
I think my original joke and the context is being lost in all of this. The original description was "single stepmother." That's a contradiction. If she's single, then she's not his stepmother. If she's his stepmother, then she's not single. Once the marriage is terminated, either through death or divorce, she's not his stepmother anymore.
I agree that, once the relationship of stepmother/son is established divorce would, indeed, terminate it.

But if she is legally entitled, as his stepmother, to {for instance} authorise medical treatment or exercise other parental privileges/responsibilities/duties, then, even as a widow she'd remain his stepmother.

Single stepmother.

==============================

Just to add another layer of confusion - at one time {19th Century or earlier} in British terminology. the term "mother/father-in-law" could reference what we would call a stepmother/father...

Reactions: ninjahotsprings

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
You could have used a substitution list if you wanted more forward compatibility.

Label Overrides also work if you want to do something more creative with a scene.

Overwriting main scripts will break things when people want to breed, not read.

Edit: Updated to v0.11
Will change variable step_mother_referencing to "mother" if you load a save. This reference variable might need appended in the future for capitalization. For now it's ignored do to lazyness, step_mother_referencing is set as a local variable in the game, and is only used once.

The player could use the console to change this directly or

Edit: Updated to 0.21
More Mom stuff added :D
When i try to use this patch i get
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label after_load is defined twice, at
  File "game/Gallery.rpy", line 30 and
  File "game/patch.rpy", line 70.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Thu Apr 29 01:59:00 2021

• Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
But if she is legally entitled, as his stepmother, to {for instance} authorise medical treatment or exercise other parental privileges/responsibilities/duties, then, even as a widow she'd remain his stepmother.
That is not true. Guardianship of a minor would fall to the next closest blood relative, especially the other blood parent, in all but the most extenuating of circumstances. Step-parents have essentially no legal rights in the case of widowing and any claims they would make towards visitation or custody would need to be adjudicated.

However, for the set-up of this specific game, the MC of the game is above the age of 18 and is therefore a legal adult so your argument is moot. Any legal decisions would be made by the MC or his blood relatives if he is incapacitated.

Therefore, no, single stepmother is not a thing.

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
I look forward to your retractions once you get through the rest of the thread, snowflake.
Been through the rest of the thread. You have not evinced anything but your personal opinion to support your claim.

Give me a legal citation and i'll MAYBE concede the legality ... but common parlance is different from your usage

If you want to go on fustigating a vaguely equiniform damp patch of dirt, feel free.

=================

I have actually played a little of this and decided i'm not interested at the moment - i won't be following the game or this thread in future.

Last edited:
Reactions: ninjahotsprings

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
Been through the rest of the thread. You have not evinced anything but your personal opinion to support your claim.

Give me a legal citation and i'll MAYBE concede the legality ... but common parlance is different from your usage
With all due respect to your imaginary judgeship, I don't have to provide you with citations of anything. My opinion of the validity of single stepmothers is based on almost half a century of experience with people who have been divorced, widowed, parents, step-parents, step-children, and direct experience in family court. My opinion of common parlance isn't based on solipsism like is yours, but on conversations with actual divorced and widowed parents on this very question.

Anyway, to you or anyone else who wants to argue this question, I leave you with this:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
the story seemed to just take off huh? straight for the action :love:

but yeah the sandbox isnt super annoying to deal with in this game. its the kind of game that just meant for quick fun nothing to detailed. i'll admit im mostly avoiding Lexxi and Tama just cause i dont wanna hear them basically being proud sluts. being bullies was bad enough but yeah....gross.

that aside the rest of the cast is nice. like i said a simple game take it for what you will.