VN Ren'Py Abandoned Young Lust [v0.21a] [VinnLemon]

Rev

Apr 25, 2017
Never married is spinster (for a woman) or bachelor (for a man). Single just means not currently in a relationship and has no bearing on whether the person was previously married or is widowed. It's right there in the word itself, single - one, alone as opposed to couple - two, a pair.

And yeah, I happen to teach English language courses.

Kilraven

May 28, 2017
Regardless of definitions, in this instance, it is more accurate to utilize the term widowed to properly articulate the author's description.

Last edited:

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
Single Again :p Someone who after their wife died and went through a divorce is open to relationships again.
Never married is spinster (for a woman) or bachelor (for a man). Single just means not currently in a relationship and has no bearing on whether the person was previously married or is widowed. It's right there in the word itself, single - one, alone as opposed to couple - two, a pair.

And yeah, I happen to teach English language courses.
I think my original joke and the context is being lost in all of this. The original description was "single stepmother." That's a contradiction. If she's single, then she's not his stepmother. If she's his stepmother, then she's not single. Once the marriage is terminated, either through death or divorce, she's not his stepmother anymore. (This is actually a significant point made by one of the LIs in Single Again. He's not their stepfather anymore after the divorce.) As Killraven pointed out, the dev changed it to make it more clear. It would be most accurate to say "my father's widow," but I think the dev has clarified the relationship.

As for "single" being used to describe someone not in a relationship, that is true, but not exactly accurate in the common vernacular. If someone who is divorced or widowed described themselves as "single," most people would find that to be mildly dishonest, especially if a long period of time has not passed since the death or divorce. "Spinster" and "bachelor" are terms typically applied to never married people over a certain age (typically 40) because it denotes an aberration in what is the typical marital status for someone older. No one uses those terms to describe a 25-year-old who has not been married.

Hrothgar

Aug 11, 2018
You know a good incest patch will resolve the whole question of how we refer to his "landlady".

Jan 24, 2021
I think my original joke and the context is being lost in all of this. The original description was "single stepmother." That's a contradiction. If she's single, then she's not his stepmother. If she's his stepmother, then she's not single. Once the marriage is terminated, either through death or divorce, she's not his stepmother anymore. (This is actually a significant point made by one of the LIs in Single Again. He's not their stepfather anymore after the divorce.) As Killraven pointed out, the dev changed it to make it more clear. It would be most accurate to say "my father's widow," but I think the dev has clarified the relationship.

As for "single" being used to describe someone not in a relationship, that is true, but not exactly accurate in the common vernacular. If someone who is divorced or widowed described themselves as "single," most people would find that to be mildly dishonest, especially if a long period of time has not passed since the death or divorce. "Spinster" and "bachelor" are terms typically applied to never married people over a certain age (typically 40) because it denotes an aberration in what is the typical marital status for someone older. No one uses those terms to describe a 25-year-old who has not been married.
Mommy can be single if daddy is no longer around. On a legal term sure but just to deny her the term single seems like overkill as once damaged goods then always damaged good.

As for people not using the term well everything is a fetish, no exceptions :love:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I could go on but the running gag has been done and now I have filipina single moms in my browser history... Yeah I'm gonna have fun with that later :censored:

Now instead of trivia questions how about a patch to stomp out the step as not many incest lovers care for it and while you might have never heard of a single mom their kids only call them "step" mom when they are angry and rebellious. You're not my real mom, your my step mom!

Christina_WakingMC_eyesclosed.png
Christina is a single mom looking for love... That is until she crawls into bed with her son :love:

Last edited:

Fzoner95

Oct 13, 2017
I made a small little incest patch for the prologue. However, the file was not made for easy adaption, I had to go through every line. VinnLemon, if you read this, would you kindly restructure the whole thing so it will be easier for those dirty little pervs on the internet to change future versions of your game? You don't have to provide the patch yourself then, I will do it.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
I made a small little incest patch for the prologue. However, the file was not made for easy adaption, I had to go through every line. VinnLemon, if you read this, would you kindly restructure the whole thing so it will be easier for those dirty little pervs on the internet to change future versions of your game? You don't have to provide the patch yourself then, I will do it.
You could have used a substitution list if you wanted more forward compatibility.

Label Overrides also work if you want to do something more creative with a scene.

Overwriting main scripts will break things when people want to breed, not read.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Fzoner95

Oct 13, 2017
You could have used a substitution list if you wanted more forward compatibility.

Label Overrides also work if you want to do something more creative with a scene.

Overwriting main scripts will break things when people want to breed, not read.
Well, VinnLemon has to implement this, right?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Well, VinnLemon has to implement this, right?
Nope, that patch works fine with those concepts. Thanks for making it as it only took a moment with WinMerge to compare yours against the original and make a patch substitution list using the differences.

I changed stepmother character name to "Mom" for good measure.

VinnLemon could have used [stepmother] in the code instead of Christina to save a bit of trouble however when the mother uses her name instead of just mom is context sensitive so you can't win them all even if they do that.

Like if she was talking with a friend it would be odd if the friend called her mom but okay for her son to do it. This could play out better with relationship variables like "[landlady]/[stepmom]" but while that makes a patch easier it's not necessary to make a patch.

I wonder how long until they convert the png files to webp to save space :unsure:
https://f95zone.to/threads/yac-yet-another-cruncher-a-game-compactor-v2-1.55421/

Deleted member 1663167

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2019
Nope, that patch works fine with those concepts. Thanks for making it as it only took a moment with WinMerge to compare yours against the original and make a patch substitution list using the differences.

I changed stepmother character name to "Mom" for good measure.

VinnLemon could have used [stepmother] in the code instead of Christina to save a bit of trouble however when the mother uses her name instead of just mom is context sensitive so you can't win them all even if they do that.

Like if she was talking with a friend it would be odd if the friend called her mom but okay for her son to do it. This could play out better with relationship variables like "[landlady]/[stepmom]" but while that makes a patch easier it's not necessary to make a patch.

I wonder how long until they convert the png files to webp to save space :unsure:
https://f95zone.to/threads/yac-yet-another-cruncher-a-game-compactor-v2-1.55421/
Thank you for the help! I'm still new to all this and still learning, but I've already started on making it to where an incest patch would have easier implementation. Unfortunately, the mod itself will have to be provided by other people, as I'm focusing on other aspects of the game. But as for those people out there who are lookin for juicy stuff like that, I got you covered! ;)

I will release a small update to the game here soon with all these implementations, as well as a few touch ups to the prologue I missed at launch so things can go much smoother later on the down the road!

Next major update will be available hopefully in the next 2 weeks or so! :3

AfricanJeff

Oct 12, 2018
No, when someone's spouse dies, then they become "widowed." They may be unmarried at that point, but the term "single" denotes never married. That's also why divorced people don't describe themselves as "single," but as "divorced."
What if ... she remarried, divorced the new husband but kept the biological AND step kids :D?

• Haha
Reactions: ninjahotsprings

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
Here I am starting on this game, and I have to say, I'm disappointed in our plucky MC, Daniel.

A girl offers a sexual favor for silence, and he accepts a handie in the restroom? Nah bruh. It's something he can do himself, even if a cute girl is offering. For silence, it's gotta be head at least. Not just an average bj; I'm talking eye-rolling, toe-curling, looks like fucker is having a seizure kind of succ.

It's a win-win situation, she gets silence, and he gets his mind blown from being blown.

Edit:
I got this error when Daniel returns home from school:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/Intro_script.rpy", line 1497, in script
    player "[step_mother] must not be off of work yet."
KeyError: u'step_mother'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 715, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1393, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1190, in __call__
    what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=True))
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1179, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Young Lust v0.11
Mon Apr 12 14:55:02 2021
and this error a few scenes later if I hit 'Ignore' on the previous error:
Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/Intro_script.rpy", line 1504, in script
    player "Probably have a little bit of time to kill before [step_mother] gets home too."

Full traceback:
    player "Probably have a little bit of time to kill before [step_mother] gets home too."
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Young Lust v0.11
Mon Apr 12 14:56:23 2021

Last edited:

Deleted member 1663167

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2019
Here I am starting on this game, and I have to say, I'm disappointed in our plucky MC, Daniel.

A girl offers a sexual favor for silence, and he accepts a handie in the restroom? Nah bruh. It's something he can do himself, even if a cute girl is offering. For silence, it's gotta be head at least. Not just an average bj; I'm talking eye-rolling, toe-curling, looks like fucker is having a seizure kind of succ.

It's a win-win situation, she gets silence, and he gets his mind blown from being blown.

Edit:
I got this error when Daniel returns home from school:
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Young Lust v0.11
Mon Apr 12 14:55:02 2021
and this error a few scenes later if I hit 'Ignore' on the previous error:
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Young Lust v0.11
Mon Apr 12 14:56:23 2021
Hello! Did you happen to load a save from v0.10 in v0.11? The way the code is set-up, is I defined the [step_mother] variable (instead of having just "Christina") on the 0.11 update to further help with an incest patch implementation. So if you loaded a save from v0.10 at a later point in the game where it didn't define [step_mother], this could have caused the crash. I should have put a warning on the post that says old saves won't work. My mistake! I will fix it.

If that is not what happened and you got this error from a fresh 0.11 run-through, then I will do some testing on my end and figure out what happened, to ensure this doesn't happen in the future! Thank you for pointing this out! :3

• Thinking Face

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Hello! Did you happen to load a save from v0.10 in v0.11? The way the code is set-up, is I defined the [step_mother] variable (instead of having just "Christina") on the 0.11 update to further help with an incest patch implementation. So if you loaded a save from v0.10 at a later point in the game where it didn't define [step_mother], this could have caused the crash. I should have put a warning on the post that says old saves won't work. My mistake! I will fix it.

If that is not what happened and you got this error from a fresh 0.11 run-through, then I will do some testing on my end and figure out what happened, to ensure this doesn't happen in the future! Thank you for pointing this out! :3
You might want to look up for renpy variables to help increase save compatibility. Though a global might be better for some things.

Deleted member 1663167

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2019
You might want to look up for renpy variables to help increase save compatibility. Though a global might be better for some things.
I will probably look into that global define actually, that would work pretty good for what I'm doing. With how big the game is planned to be, having global variables for saves could prove beneficial. Thank you!

• Thinking Face