VN Others Completed YU-NO - The Girl that Chants Love at the Edge of the World [Final] [Elf]

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes
Apr 7, 2020
Is there any chance someone can make a txt file on the steps to install the game? I'm having a hard time trying to figure it out, thank you!

theBoxofPandora

Nov 9, 2017
I am currently stuck since one hour so I looked at the flowchart and apparently I have to go to the park but I don´t know where it´s supposed to be.
Please help i am in despair.
Nevermind found it after 3 hours

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018
Dear friends. I know this game is approaching ancient age. But please, does anyone still have a proper resolution of the flow chart? Try as I might, I can't read it, and I can't resize it back to its original. I know there is a text guide, but, I feel bad that someone went to all the effort to make a graph. And its basically unusable...

ChacoParraco

Oct 30, 2020
Thank you guys so much for this. I've always wanted to try this version but never could because I don't know any Japanese (English isn't even my main language lol). I got scared for a second when my computer detected the patch as a virus but other guy said it was fine so I installed it anyways, seems to be working fine when I tried it and my computer is fine too. Again thank you, now I can finally try this masterpiece

Reactions: klebin and Alleyway

tinmaptd

Apr 8, 2020
After installing the voice patch, I've tried to launch it from AI5ENG_VOICE but it give me an error saying "process located but injection failed"
Any help ?

klebin

Mar 28, 2020
you will need a software like poweriso to mount the bin/cue file. Just mount it to a new drive and this new drive will act as a CD ROM.
could u give me a instalation guide? i really have no idea how make this work, the game dos'ent start in english, just in japanese

Last edited:

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
Did anybody ever find a way to get a portable (drag and drop) version to work? I tried my best a while ago, but i think installing this game puts a registry entry on the os. My guess is you would need to have a .bat which registers the path you installed it as well as an unreg.bat for deinstall. Similar to how Crescendo was put out on the last post in that thread. Sadly, i'm not well versed in this stuff, so i wasn't able to write these files myself. But like it is now it's a massive pain to install and patch all of this together and i'm not even sure if it's worth going through this process every single time i move the game around or switch to a new Windows etc.

As for how it currently works:

Game Installation
1. Mount Game.Iso "CLASSICS.bin" (Windows10 doesn't need any additional programs for this process.)
2. Pick the installation option below (600 mb one)
Optional: You can change the path the game installs into by clicking the text in the middle of the screen.
3. Click next twice and the game should install. (Note this .iso has more than one game on it, so just navigate to the newly created "YUNO" folder for the next step.)
4. double-click the english patch file. "YU-NO_English_tlpatch_v1.00" (It should find the game by itself.)

Upgrade music pack installation
1. Open the file "yuno_music_pack.7z.001" with your preferred unpacking program (7zip, Winrar etc.) Open the readme file you find inside and read it.
2. rename the file "MUSIC.ARC" as well as the english game .exe "AI5ENG.EXE" to anything else (example "MUSIC.ARC.vanilla")
3. Put the "MUSIC.ARC" as well as the "AI5ENG.EXE" into the "YUNO" game folder.

Voice pack installation
1. Open the file "YuNoVoices.zip" with your preferred unpacking program (7zip, Winrar etc.) Open the readme file you find inside and read it.
2. Copy the Folders "Voice_A through C" over.
Optional: If for some strange reason, you still want to play the game without voices: "AI5ENG_VOICE.exe to play with voices and AI5ENG.EXE to play without them."

You should be done.

Last edited:

rorzy

Sep 27, 2017
Did anybody ever find a way to get a portable (drag and drop) version to work? I tried my best a while ago, but i think installing this game puts a registry entry on the os. My guess is you would need to have a .bat which registers the path you installed it as well as an unreg.bat for deinstall.
This is correct. As for the question, I made my own(Which I've done with every game, including those that come with horribly made .bat files), but I might as well share it.

Here's my standalone version which has both music and english patch installed(the other two games were removed). Original files are kept with the .original extention if desired to revert back:

Lastly, here's the scripts(for those that want them without downloading the game all over again) both in a stand alone .ps1 format, and for playnite. I give full permission to alter and re-use these scripts for any and all other games.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

abervalg

Mar 8, 2020
Okay, can anybody help me here? I'm ob Windows 10, and i get the error "This game only works with at least a 256-color display and graphics accelerator card." I already tried to use "reduce colormode" option in compatibility menu, but it dosen't help. What should i do?

rorzy

Sep 27, 2017
Okay, can anybody help me here? I'm ob Windows 10, and i get the error "This game only works with at least a 256-color display and graphics accelerator card." I already tried to use "reduce colormode" option in compatibility menu, but it dosen't help. What should i do?
Try to reduce color mode of both:

Classics\AI5WIN.exe
Classics\Yuno\AI5WIN.exe

ninjasamuri

May 28, 2018
Can't get it to work on my (Windows laptop) it says something about needing "256-colors" and "integrated graphics"

rorzy

Sep 27, 2017
Can't get it to work on my (Windows laptop) it says something about needing "256-colors" and "integrated graphics"
Have you tried flag Yuno\AI5ENG.exe for reduced color mode?

Right-click on the exe, compatibility mode > Reduce color mode > 8bit.

Might also just not work on integrated graphic cards. It's an fairly old game.

Reactions: ninjasamuri

ninjasamuri

May 28, 2018
Have you tried flag Yuno\AI5ENG.exe for reduced color mode?

Right-click on the exe, compatibility mode > Reduce color mode > 8bit.

Might also just not work on integrated graphic cards. It's an fairly old game.
IT WORKED! Thank You, at first I thought the patch didn't work because the intro is untranslated but then the small bit after the intro started and I saw the text was english.

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes