VN Others Completed YU-NO - The Girl that Chants Love at the Edge of the World [Final] [Elf]

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Sergeiaug45

Jul 30, 2018
I still can't wrap my mind around how a hugely experimental piece of science fiction literature written by Harlan Ellison that has 0 sex in it had become the inspiration for a Japanese H-game

Reactions: LewdBoiWinston

kentda39

Sep 24, 2018
It's a great game, though there is a huge bit of whiplash later on when the entire style of play radically changes. Early on you're having to manipulate your "savepoints" to progress. Then the setting and the format changes to a more linear format of a story.

It's still a great game, and the idea of using savegames as an actual game mechanic was fascinating. Frustrating at times, but it was still fascinating.

There is a newer version with more colors etc etc, but the downside is the newer version removed ALL of the sex scenes. No clue how this affects the entire story of course as I haven't played the remake.

arkhemis

Game Developer
Oct 27, 2019
The H-animated version was stray far from the original but the anime version more to the remake. And the remake version is not good as original plus more remake didn't have HCGs elf remove it completely in remake. So playing this old fan translated one is a good and better choice.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
might be considered spoilers so ill tag it but
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
this is basically a shit show of sexual violence
And that just affirms that I will be adding this to my ignore list XD

Although "dying sex" kinda already solidified that, was just keeping it off for any replies. (been long enough now though, time to move on).

arkhemis

Game Developer
Oct 27, 2019
which one to play, this or the remake?
Both basically same for the story... This one have all with minus for the old graphic but have nostalgic vibe when play it. And the remake have nice graphic but minus 18+ content (elf remove it completely)... Just choose wisely...lol :giggle:

• Sad
Reactions: MikeOG

kentda39

Sep 24, 2018
Both basically same for the story... This one have all with minus for the old graphic but have nostalgic vibe when play it. And the remake have nice graphic but minus 18+ content (elf remove it completely)... Just choose wisely...lol :giggle:
I'm still planning to play the remake, but considering how convoluted the playthrough can be, its a daunting task. As to why I'd play the remake, it's only fair that I give it a fair shake instead of just going "meh, its censored". Because I've actually played a few VNs where they could have stripped the sex scenes and still told a great story. I prefer stuff that hasn't been purposely censored of course, but it'd be rude to not give it a chance.

arkhemis

Game Developer
Oct 27, 2019
I'm still planning to play the remake, but considering how convoluted the playthrough can be, its a daunting task. As to why I'd play the remake, it's only fair that I give it a fair shake instead of just going "meh, its censored". Because I've actually played a few VNs where they could have stripped the sex scenes and still told a great story. I prefer stuff that hasn't been purposely censored of course, but it'd be rude to not give it a chance.
Not blame you really, because I believe everyone have different taste. I just want to say from my experience playing the remake version/normal version with cut of 18+ element, that mostly also cut the important part of some scenes, because most of the remake VN is eroge not nukige (pure seqz) so most every aspect of the game is important even the 18+ part. But also mostly the developer know that case so, they give some point plus with remake also, like by introducing some new characters or new endings etc.
But again it's up to every person who want to play tho. That's why I said "choose wisely" (y)

Reactions: LewdBoiWinston

Roy360

Jun 4, 2017
Maybe it's because I have covid and my patience is running low, but this game is so frustrating to play... i'm just clicking everywhere trying to progress...

Nothing in the background stands out either so you don't know if you've interacted with everything

even the guide makes no sense to me.... maybe I'm just slow.....

Context: I just finished the prologue. So I'm looking for the mom.
Checked the school, they tell me to go to the beach, go to the beach, they tell me to go to the company. Go to the company they tell me to go home.
Go home.... and she's not there.....and there's no obvious signs on that to do next. Going back to the school tells me to go back home...

thebigbos

Aug 10, 2017
Looking for help here : I've read the installation things - but it seems i cannot install the game with powershell - it says script execution is disabled. Now i'd like to figure how to... check parameters on powershell, and the microsoft website here doesn't really help :

anyone has the same issue ? have an idea on how to solve it ??

Ysoth

Dec 4, 2017
Looking for help here : I've read the installation things - but it seems i cannot install the game with powershell - it says script execution is disabled. Now i'd like to figure how to... check parameters on powershell, and the microsoft website here doesn't really help :

anyone has the same issue ? have an idea on how to solve it ??
I had this issue, and found a tutoriel. the solution was to type "Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Scope CurrentUser -Force" (without quotation marks) in powershell. It worked for me but honestly and dont know what it did exactly so use at your own risks

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes