dima.245

Oct 11, 2020
This is story mode. This looks like after all three patches added. Yes your UI is different and looks like an old one.

This is how your patched folder should look like:
View attachment 2953747
Also one of the patches must overwrite some files in .../Yuna/Binaries/Win64/...
file Yuna-WindowsNoEditor_2_P, delete? After adding the latest patch, an error appears.
Or is it because I have Win7?

dima.245

Oct 11, 2020
delete the Yuna-WindowsNoEditor_2_P file.
The error keeps popping up.
It seems that starting from Yuna_Patch0.1.040a_Public, on Win 7, the game will no longer start.

starkurt

Oct 23, 2017
file Yuna-WindowsNoEditor_2_P, delete? After adding the latest patch, an error appears.
Or is it because I have Win7?
It depends on core version. Do u use a patreon core or public ? Public version should have the exact same amount of patches shown on my screenshot. One of the patches have more files than others they go into the other folder. All that you required to do: just drag “Yuna” folder into the root folder where .exe file located. Replace files if system ask you to.

dima.245

Oct 11, 2020
It depends on core version. Do u use a patreon core or public ? Public version should have the exact same amount of patches shown on my screenshot. One of the patches have more files than others they go into the other folder. All that you required to do: just drag “Yuna” folder into the root folder where .exe file located. Replace files if system ask you to.
1698048164528.png
everything was downloaded from the distribution here. The error only appears on the latest patch. I remove the latest patch, everything starts and plays. but there is no other core in the distribution.

geugeug

Jul 1, 2017
Mate, I think the manual patching thing is a bad idea. It just gives too much room for user error and makes bug fixing infinitly more tedious since now you've first got to go trough the filter of: did they patch correctly y/n?
Since patch order is important I recommend having simple and consistent patch naming. Having 2 folders named Yuna can also easily lead to confusion.
Good luck with the development.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chaiba

starkurt

Oct 23, 2017
Mate, I think the manual patching thing is a bad idea. It just gives too much room for user error and makes bug fixing infinitly more tedious since now you've first got to go trough the filter of: did they patch correctly y/n?
Since patch order is important I recommend having simple and consistent patch naming. Having 2 folders named Yuna can also easily lead to confusion.
Good luck with the development.
OMG

This world is DOOMED. Ppl can't copy/paste a single folder into the other. It's said ">Copy "Yuna" folder into root folder of the game"

"2 folders named Yuna" - The folder inside every patch named "Yuna" to make it merge with one inside root folder. All files inside patch "Yuna" will be placed wherever it needed to be. This is how file system works. You only need to throw "Yuna" folder from archive into the game folder - the one you need to open to see YUNA.EXE file.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It can be named and located wherever you like or not - but this is how it looks. You just open every folder on your disk till you see something like this - then just start draging "Yuna" folder from PATCH into this ROOT FOLDER and release on emtpy place. Or you can:
  1. COPY "Yuna" folder from PATCH
  2. open ROOT FOLDER of the game
  3. RIGHT CLICK some where on empty space
  4. Click PASTE
  5. DONE !

geugeug

Jul 1, 2017
Where did I state that I had difficulty with it and what got you acting like a ragin asshole about it?
Fact is, half of the errors that are going to be posted in this thread is because of error during patching.
Almost no game dev uses manual patching these days with good reason. And if this dev is going to commit to it there are ways to make it at least smoother.

But I guess with this you can at least talk down to people about knowing how to move maps into folders lol.

Reactions: TTsuyuki and Chaiba

starkurt

Oct 23, 2017
Where did I state that I had difficulty with it and what got you acting like a ragin asshole about it?
Fact is, half of the errors that are going to be posted in this thread is because of error during patching.
Almost no game dev uses manual patching these days with good reason. And if this dev is going to commit to it there are ways to make it at least smoother.

But I guess with this you can at least talk down to people about knowing how to move maps into folders lol.
Where did I state that it’s you who have issues ? The only thing addressed straight to you was in first few sentences. I don’t believe dev rly cares about ppl complaining at this forum.

“Moving maps into folders” is the only thing required to apply this patch.

Chaiba

May 1, 2018
Still it is tidious and uncommon to release patches like this. It works but it is just more error prone then other ways of patching. Because of ppl going "PaTcH BrOkE My GaMe, HaLp". I can imagin that the dev does not have this whole patching thing as a priority but GeuGeug was just pointing out that there are better ways of applying a patch.

Aslong as it works it is fine i guess.

3.70 star(s) 21 Votes