4.80 star(s) 16 Votes

chekkingames

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
hi, can someone share their save file for end of version 0.56?
Ask and you shall receive :D

Note that this is a testing save which I will often mess about with using dev tools, so there's a slim chance you'll encounter odd bugs that wouldn't normally occur, but in all likelihood it'll be fine.

Also, I haven't got all the random events on that save, in case that matters.

ALSO, I discovered when replaying BFF's scene 5, you'll get an exception screen at the end. Just click "ignore" and it'll carry on fine (already fixed for next release).

Pop the file in "%APPDATA%/RenPy/[your yuri university folder]" and it'll be your first save slot. Hope that helps!

Saline55

Jun 20, 2021
My original plan was to only have becoming girlfriends with BFF as one of her possible endings. The reason being, when she realises she's bicurious, she specifically said she's not interested in a relationship with a woman, just fooling around. MC is a special case for her, so they could get together in the end, but I really didn't want to rush it.

I am considering possibly adding an option for a tentative start to an open relationship at the end of her next (and penultimate) scene, but I'm not sure yet. Will have to see what I think when I get there, so no promises on that I'm afraid. If not though, it will at the very least be one of her endings.
Thanks a lot for the answer. Sorry if I came across as pushy. I just stan the bestie you know.

• Red Heart
Reactions: chekkingames

ArhraCole

Apr 24, 2020
This has been really great so far, I've played enough at this point to get the BFF to 5 and Hannah and Scarlett fully done (until more content), still have one more for Ash and Ezri. Really impressed with all of the different ways each of the girls helps our character explore and learn. I focused pretty heavily on the BFF being the first one for everything new when I saw that in the profile milestones, figured that was pretty fitting. I'm very much hoping for an open house relationship with all of them in the long run, but I want to see where everything goes regardless. So yeah nice work chekkingames. Very much looking forward to what comes next.

Edit in: Also really nice layout for characters in the overview here too. :) (y)

Last edited:

chekkingames

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
This has been really great so far, I've played enough at this point to get the BFF to 5 and Hannah and Scarlett fully done (until more content), still have one more for Ash and Ezri. Really impressed with all of the different ways each of the girls helps our character explore and learn. I focused pretty heavily on the BFF being the first one for everything new when I saw that in the profile milestones, figured that was pretty fitting. I'm very much hoping for an open house relationship with all of them in the long run, but I want to see where everything goes regardless. So yeah nice work chekkingames. Very much looking forward to what comes next.

Edit in: Also really nice layout for characters in the overview here too. :) (y)
Thank you so much! So happy you've enjoyed it ^^ next update will be adding Hannah's next scene. Hope you continue to enjoy future updates! <3

spoiler warning

what game was that where the nude girl fried the angel i think i plaid it before but dont remember
That's from Sunville. I wanted to pay a little fan service to Feierflei :D

chekkingames

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
YU_1st_anniversary_promo_1.png
Happy anniversary!!

One year ago, I put Yuri University out into the world for the very first time!

At that point, I'd been working on it on and off for about 18 months. I was pleased with what I'd accomplished, and more importantly I was still enjoying working on it. So, I decided to see if other people would like it, and if a few might even like it enough to become patrons.

It was a nerve-wracking time, but I was so excited when I got my first patron! The game was received really positively, which made me both incredibly happy and also relieved!

Since then, I've released 7 major updates, with the 8th on the way.

• BFF, Scarlett, Ashley and Ezri have all been brought up to relationship level 5 with a large scene, with Hannah's coming soon.
  • The teachers, Mia and Library girl all got new scenes. Freya got added with her first scene.
  • New group scenes were added: sex tutoring 3 with Scarlett and Ezri, film night 3 with Ezri and BFF, morning telly 1 with Hannah and Ashley, and two RPG scenes with Hannah, Scarlett and BFF.
  • Added characters coming into your room to peek on you, and you being able to peek on pairs hooking up!
  • Added many small random events to encounter all over campus.
  • The replay gallery was added, first just the main character scenes, then later expanded to include side character and group scenes.
  • An in-game tracker was added, and later expanded upon, which made tracking what you have and haven't seen much easier.
  • Countless bugs and typos fixed!

Looking back over the past year, I'm really proud of what I've accomplished. YU is shaping up into the game I always envisioned, and the reception has been better than I dared hope! There's plenty more on the horizon: v0.58 with Hannah's scene 5 is coming along nicely, and after that I have big plans! v0.59 will be a very small update, because I'll simultaneously be working on v0.60, which will be the biggest update yet, finally seeing us move past day 50!

To celebrate the first anniversary, I have a few special plans.

• I have three special pics made: the one you see at the top, a spicier one below, and an extra spicy one exclusive to patrons of any level, for this month only!
  • This month's patreon thank you images are a little more intricate than usual: one features Hannah, Scarlett and BFF in their roleplaying game, and the other shows MC hosting a special party for a whole host of the side characters!
  • The annual subscription discount is increasing from 10% to 16% for May only.
  • The "doctoral student" tier is being discounted by 20% for May. This is the lowest commission tier, so if there's scenarios you want to see now's a good time to make it happen! If you sign up in May, the monthly price will keep that discount for as long as you remain subscribed! (Remember that the first comission is available after two month's subscription).
  • Lastly, I'll be running a little "community commission pinup" on my discord this month. I'll be asking users to vote on their favourite character, outfit and location, then making a special image for everyone!

I'd like to thank you all for trying my game, and especially thank those of you who have supported me financially. It's been an amazing experience, and I'm looking forward to seeing what year two brings!

<3

YU_1st_anniversary_promo_2.png

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Congratulations! :D

After playing through the majority of the current content again I feel inclined to say literally everything I was a bit unsure about when I first tried it has been fully addressed, kinda astonishing. I was fully able to progress Scarlett's route individually and without any somewhat unwelcome mingling from other characters, her 5th scene was something I had a very small hope to see at the end of the story, can't emphasize enough how happy it makes me to see I wasn't imagining that there was some solid chemistry between her and the protagonist and especially that you didn't turn the whole thing into an arbitrarily dragged out slow-burn but instead, depending on interactions, a proper love relationship.

Being able to not have the celebration sleep-over is a massive + as well, though this time I went through with it contentedly, since I wanted to see all the currently available rank 5 relationships scenes in 1 go anyway. If I had none there is an anniversary patch somewhere on the horizon I might have been a bit more patient, but I must say I don't feel against just restarting once again when that drops.

This is hands down one of the absolutely most wholesome games here, with a great balance of different personalities and ranges of content, and I've been a doodle to complain about the Scarlett stuff before the game was even finished (I mean it still isn't but, as I've said, now there is already more than I was expecting and we aren't at the end even :D)

Might I ask if there are plans to have a route of some sort with the gorgeous goth girl from the uni? I much appreciated her and other characters popping up in some newer events (swimming with ashley, beach with Ezri) for sure but I think for her I didn't learn the name & wasn't told by the game if there was more to come. :p
Looks like this game will actually both warrant playing the different routes on their own (if there will be others in the future that go for a more romantic route like Scarlett) since I feel like I ran into some variations to other scenes referring to events happening before, so it seems warranted to see what might change accordingly. ^-^

Can't wait to see the T&A stuff, haven't gotten far enough for actual gaming sessions but I love that you included something like that.

chekkingames

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
Congratulations! :D

After playing through the majority of the current content again I feel inclined to say literally everything I was a bit unsure about when I first tried it has been fully addressed, kinda astonishing. I was fully able to progress Scarlett's route individually and without any somewhat unwelcome mingling from other characters, her 5th scene was something I had a very small hope to see at the end of the story, can't emphasize enough how happy it makes me to see I wasn't imagining that there was some solid chemistry between her and the protagonist and especially that you didn't turn the whole thing into an arbitrarily dragged out slow-burn but instead, depending on interactions, a proper love relationship.

Being able to not have the celebration sleep-over is a massive + as well, though this time I went through with it contentedly, since I wanted to see all the currently available rank 5 relationships scenes in 1 go anyway. If I had none there is an anniversary patch somewhere on the horizon I might have been a bit more patient, but I must say I don't feel against just restarting once again when that drops.

This is hands down one of the absolutely most wholesome games here, with a great balance of different personalities and ranges of content, and I've been a doodle to complain about the Scarlett stuff before the game was even finished (I mean it still isn't but, as I've said, now there is already more than I was expecting and we aren't at the end even :D)
Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm glad you liked the new content and tweaks. And no you definitely didn't imagine the chemistry between Scarlett and MC! I had her fifth scene already planned when I first released the game :giggle:
I was hoping for wholesome, so glad that's come across!
Might I ask if there are plans to have a route of some sort with the gorgeous goth girl from the uni? I much appreciated her and other characters popping up in some newer events (swimming with ashley, beach with Ezri) for sure but I think for her I didn't learn the name & wasn't told by the game if there was more to come. :p
She is planned as a side character in the future (and no I haven't revealed her name yet, just in case I change my mind!), though I can't say for sure when she'll get her first proper scene. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
Looks like this game will actually both warrant playing the different routes on their own (if there will be others in the future that go for a more romantic route like Scarlett) since I feel like I ran into some variations to other scenes referring to events happening before, so it seems warranted to see what might change accordingly. ^-^
For the most part there's just some dialogue differences referring to the events of previous scenes, it won't affect the content of future scenes. I did have at least some level of replayability in mind, though you may wish to hold off until v0.60 - that should be a good time to do another run, if you want :)

Can't wait to see the T&A stuff, haven't gotten far enough for actual gaming sessions but I love that you included something like that.
There's currently 2 T&A scenes, with the second being the beginning gaming session. If you haven't seen it already, I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks again for giving the game another go and for such positive feedback, I really appreciate it! <3

• Red Heart
Reactions: Orphanus

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm glad you liked the new content and tweaks. And no you definitely didn't imagine the chemistry between Scarlett and MC! I had her fifth scene already planned when I first released the game :giggle:
I was hoping for wholesome, so glad that's come across!

She is planned as a side character in the future (and no I haven't revealed her name yet, just in case I change my mind!), though I can't say for sure when she'll get her first proper scene. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

For the most part there's just some dialogue differences referring to the events of previous scenes, it won't affect the content of future scenes. I did have at least some level of replayability in mind, though you may wish to hold off until v0.60 - that should be a good time to do another run, if you want :)

There's currently 2 T&A scenes, with the second being the beginning gaming session. If you haven't seen it already, I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks again for giving the game another go and for such positive feedback, I really appreciate it! <3
You have nothing to thank me for, in the end it was me who ended up being unreasonable, looking back, because by now everything I wasn't entirely on board with has been fully (I feel like this has to be repeated) addressed and in quite subtle ways, so when I played this time it also took me a while to fully pick up on the fact that none of what I was complaining about initially came up at all. It took 2 ingame weeks until I realized that I had not only been able to just advance with Scarlett without (I think) really getting onto any other character's route, at least beyond maybe the 1st scene...though, as you can tell, I'm not even able to say for sure, cause nothing that happened was distracting from the cuteness overload of what's going on between Scarlett and the protagonist. Also there were no randomly triggering events at places I had to visit to gain stats that would have clashed with anything, nor was there a single instance were it felt as if anything was just randomly happening to advance events, and I am at least able to 100% exclude the possibility that it's just that I ended up warming up to the game enough to not at least notice such an occurrence, you did tweak things just to the golden spot where it feels all natural.
It's kinda funny to me how this is what happened after I ended up being more and more on board with this just being about non-committal shenanigans between friends and not about romance, but now it's both :love: (Edit: and also can be either, things are much more up to player decisions and I can't appreciate and commend that enough.)

I will heed your advice and wait for version 0.6 before starting all over again, it's always a good idea to wait a bit to have a bigger chonk of fresh goodness to enjoy. As for the minor references: They can have a considerable impact, the game (and characters) acknowledging (and keeping track of) for example who the protag did certain things with for the first time - or bringing up when the relationship between her and Scarlett has advanced enough to be an official engaygement ( :cool: ) as well as which people she has already met etc. makes Yuri University feel more alive and also adds a sense of polish to the overall presentation that I highly appreciate.

Really lookin' forward to see a bit more of the mysterious goth with the yellowish eyes (great choice btw from a design standpoint, it works extremely well with the pale skin, makeup, raven hair and flair of the character) ^-^

1 thing I kinda wanna mention, even though you are probably well aware, is that not all scenes take previous events or the state of things with other character's routes into proper account. But I am 95% sure those were all old scenes, basically the starts of all character's routes, which lead to the pretty amusing situation where my slightly confused protagonist came out to her different housemates after already being in an official relationship with Scarlett, and she also temporarily forgot that they had gone through a bunch of different ways to make each other very happy already. I have 0 clue how easy or hard it is to deal with those slight inconsistencies, but I have a hunch its actually quite time-consuming and tedious when scenes are already written + it's not at all distracting from or hampering the enjoyment of the events happening, so don't feel like you have to address this, it just seemed a bit funny & worth bringing up for a chuckle. :)

Also let me add that personally I am looking forward to maybe get some strap stuff at some point (especially if there's maybe a chance to buy 1 as a gift for another character as well as perhaps the option for the protag to use one herself too) in case you add it. I understand that some people really dislike it & would never want it to be forced on them to advance a route they like but since you already stated it will be optional I thought maybe it's good to read that some of your audience are on the other side of the isle and would be happy to see it!

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

chekkingames

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
You have nothing to thank me for, in the end it was me who ended up being unreasonable, looking back, because by now everything I wasn't entirely on board with has been fully (I feel like this has to be repeated) addressed and in quite subtle ways, so when I played this time it also took me a while to fully pick up on the fact that none of what I was complaining about initially came up at all. It took 2 ingame weeks until I realized that I had not only been able to just advance with Scarlett without (I think) really getting onto any other character's route, at least beyond maybe the 1st scene...though, as you can tell, I'm not even able to say for sure, cause nothing that happened was distracting from the cuteness overload of what's going on between Scarlett and the protagonist. Also there were no randomly triggering events at places I had to visit to gain stats that would have clashed with anything, nor was there a single instance were it felt as if anything was just randomly happening to advance events, and I am at least able to 100% exclude the possibility that it's just that I ended up warming up to the game enough to not at least notice such an occurrence, you did tweak things just to the golden spot where it feels all natural.
It's kinda funny to me how this is what happened after I ended up being more and more on board with this just being about non-committal shenanigans between friends and not about romance, but now it's both :love: (Edit: and also can be either, things are much more up to player decisions and I can't appreciate and commend that enough.)

I will heed your advice and wait for version 0.6 before starting all over again, it's always a good idea to wait a bit to have a bigger chonk of fresh goodness to enjoy. As for the minor references: They can have a considerable impact, the game (and characters) acknowledging (and keeping track of) for example who the protag did certain things with for the first time - or bringing up when the relationship between her and Scarlett has advanced enough to be an official engaygement ( :cool: ) as well as which people she has already met etc. makes Yuri University feel more alive and also adds a sense of polish to the overall presentation that I highly appreciate.

Really lookin' forward to see a bit more of the mysterious goth with the yellowish eyes (great choice btw from a design standpoint, it works extremely well with the pale skin, makeup, raven hair and flair of the character) ^-^
Well I'll still thank you anyway for giving it another go and the lovely feedback :giggle:
1 thing I kinda wanna mention, even though you are probably well aware, is that not all scenes take previous events or the state of things with other character's routes into proper account. But I am 95% sure those were all old scenes, basically the starts of all character's routes, which lead to the pretty amusing situation where my slightly confused protagonist came out to her different housemates after already being in an official relationship with Scarlett, and she also temporarily forgot that they had gone through a bunch of different ways to make each other very happy already. I have 0 clue how easy or hard it is to deal with those slight inconsistencies, but I have a hunch its actually quite time-consuming and tedious when scenes are already written + it's not at all distracting from or hampering the enjoyment of the events happening, so don't feel like you have to address this, it just seemed a bit funny & worth bringing up for a chuckle. :)
As you guessed those are among the first scenes I ever made, when I hadn't fully figured out how to properly track and reference things. At some point I'd like to go back and touch them up (I don't anticipate it to be too difficult, though probably time consuming), I've just been focusing on adding new stuff. Maybe after v0.60.
Also let me add that personally I am looking forward to maybe get some strap stuff at some point (especially if there's maybe a chance to buy 1 as a gift for another character as well as perhaps the option for the protag to use one herself too) in case you add it. I understand that some people really dislike it & would never want it to be forced on them to advance a route they like but since you already stated it will be optional I thought maybe it's good to read that some of your audience are on the other side of the isle and would be happy to see it!
I'm glad to hear from others who are looking forward to it! I've always planned to have some strap-on content, just towards the end of the game. We're getting pretty close to the first instance though!
And yes, I'll be keeping as much of it optional as possible, or at the very least skippable.

• Love
Reactions: Orphanus

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Well I'll still thank you anyway for giving it another go and the lovely feedback :giggle:

As you guessed those are among the first scenes I ever made, when I hadn't fully figured out how to properly track and reference things. At some point I'd like to go back and touch them up (I don't anticipate it to be too difficult, though probably time consuming), I've just been focusing on adding new stuff. Maybe after v0.60.

I'm glad to hear from others who are looking forward to it! I've always planned to have some strap-on content, just towards the end of the game. We're getting pretty close to the first instance though!
And yes, I'll be keeping as much of it optional as possible, or at the very least skippable.
If you end up revisiting and tidying up the stuff it would certainly add to the immersion. :D

That's cool, I am wondering who might be the character with the first scene, not asking for a spoiler though. :giggle:

chekkingames

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
Title card v0.58.png

Work on the latest update, v0.58, is complete! This version adds Hannah's big relationship level 5 scene (now everyone can reach level 5!), new scenes with both the teachers, a new morning event, and a nice quality of life addition where you can completely control how frequently morning events occur!

This update will be available on the 2nd of June.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks everyone, I hope you enjoy the new content <3

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.80 star(s) 16 Votes