NyxGalbraith

Nov 28, 2023
For those who are looking for something new to try, definitely give this a shot. The game mainly revolves around occult, eldritch and magical beings/stuffs. Unique theme, Decent writing, a fair amount of content (which is like 3-4 hours for the first chapter), interesting story and good music. The only downside is the animations which are rather short when compare to other AVN, the girls still look mighty fine though, most of them anyway. 1 last thing is the relationship moves.. rather fast, a bit odd to see how fast the characters get into relationship.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Stolen_rose

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Surely .. you have not played this game ... the Lis are monsters, literal cutthroat killers with agendas to kill other monster girls or eat/drain/fkk people into oblivion ... not to mention how the landscape looks to the trained eye...
1 last thing is the relationship moves.. rather fast, a bit odd to see how fast the characters get into relationship.
1704023261734.png
You live too little in this place where MC already has the honor
to dodge literal end of life events multiple times.
There is nothing else left to do.

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

New Year just dropped

Some time in November, Zero End celebrated its first year of development. Well, celebrated might be a bit much since I completely forgot about it (I'd make a horrible parent), but it did mark its anniversary. I figured since the game's been out for a year and we're on the precipice of a new one, I'd look back on everything that's happened and laugh-cry over it, then ponder what the future holds.
First and foremost, a big and thicc thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the kind words and support. I know it might sound disingenuous to say I couldn't have done this without your support, but it's true. I was very familiar with the realities of game development when I started, but I didn't realize just how difficult it would be doing it alongside a full-time job (it kinda tripped me up because the first 6 months or so were easy). I don't think I could have kept the motivation and excitement about the project going for so long without your kind words of support, without seeing you excited to play the next installment, without knowing there are people who like what I'm doing here. I love this game, but you make all the effort feel like it's worth it. So thank you for that.
I feel like I've learned so much in the last year. When I started the project, I didn't really know much about anything apart from writing and game design, so I started to learn about photography and cinematography which has been a bunch of fun and it's awesome (and cringe) to compare some of my first images with what I'm capable of now. I hope this continues and I cringe again next year at what I'm doing now. When I got to developing the game, I wasn't sure what I wanted it to be. My creative process at the start of a project is to have a character, some ideas, and to place them in the world and see how they interact with it. You'll notice this if you go through the first half of the first release--it feels rather rough and unfocused. Still, what I knew is that I wanted an occult mystery that slowly got revealed over time and that I wanted to draw inspiration from World of Darkness and Hellblazer. Bloodlines, specifically, was a large part of that inspiration, and now, a year later, Zero End is fairly well regarded by a relatively small number of people. Much like Bloodlines. Not sure what I was expecting there.
This year, I've also created my own company. So I guess I'm a business owner now. Unfortnately, I've already engaged in sexual relations with the only employee.
Turning my gaze forward, I'm... not sure what will happen. A lot of things depend on the Steam release and how well that goes, but judging by the number of wishlists, it won't be enough for me to work on the project full-time, so it's very likely that I'll keep going as I did in the previous year. On the subject of the project itself, I expect the new release will be ready some time in the first quarter of next year. After that, I'll probably need some time to figure out how to deal with Steam DLC releases. And probably take a vacation, I feel like I'm on my last 10% of battery.

Finally, I really wanted to have a showcase of some of the most heartwarming feedback I've received in the last year, but looking through it all, I just couldn't pick one I liked the most. I will say, however, that I read them over and over when I feel bad and it always makes me feel better, like whatever's happening isn't as bad because I still have this project and the people who enjoy it. So anyway, since I can't pick a good one, we'll instead be looking at the stupidest, most unhinged shit I could find.

>accepts offer for oral sex from a person he's just met
>decides to follow her path
>finds out she's a succubus
>angry that his sex demon girlfriend used to be promiscuous
My brother in Christ, you're the one who picked her route.

I think I might have taken too much modafinil. Reading back through this text, it reads like a chimeric abomination combining a heartfelt thank you and a shitpost. But, thinking about it, that's a very accurate descriptor of my personality, so here's to the next year! May it be better than the last.
Happy New Year!
--SR

McGreed

Apr 17, 2019
long post
Thanks for sharing this post, it was a pleasure to read. I really hope that Steam release will be successful enough and will motivate StolenRose even more to keep working and improving. I don't know if he's already doing it or no, but I'd say that promoting game in a bunch of other AVNs Discord servers might help quite a lot in terms of wishlisting.
I saw some discussions of ZE on a few AVN servers with positive feedback and I think spreading a word about game once in a while should help to raise the attention and popularity of it.

And I wanted to thank the dev once again for his project if he will read this, Zero End is definitely one of the more special games in this AVN world at least for me and I really enjoyed all playthroughs so far, looking forward to future updates. Good luck with further development, cheers!

Braccas

May 22, 2020
you mean something like
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, this is what I was referring to, I can see something like this (great look on the key, looks like it belongs) on the back of a document or even hidden and only being revealed with a blacklight. You have to give the players a point of reference to keep things flowing in the game.

Reactions: NyxGalbraith

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
hmm trying this out but seriously why do people still make games where you cannot name your character? its not even a difficult bit of code to implement

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
This dev wants to make the jokes to make sense and also big reveal a bit of lore about the MC while putting the players on the spot during the first puzzle RNG in this game - total outta the blue banger of a trilogy of different odd mini games.
hmm trying this out but seriously why do people still make games where you cannot name your character? its not even a difficult bit of code to implement
The writing is literally on the wall in this game, if you happen to play through a couple a times.

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
well this was shockingly good with the exception of the name thing and the lack of harem route

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
This dev wants to make the jokes to make sense and also big reveal a bit of lore about the MC while putting the players on the spot during the first puzzle RNG in this game - total outta the blue banger of a trilogy of different odd mini games.

The writing is literally on the wall in this game, if you happen to play through a couple a times.
minigames need to die painfully but yeah I sorta get how itd be impossible to custom name yer character and implement that ion the murder house

Stolen_rose

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2022
Oh, no, it would be super easy, it's just not my design vision. I get some amount of... let's say backlash, over some creative decisions. Sometimes, I take the feedback and adjust going forward, like with the day 2 puzzles. Other times, like with the naming, I do not.
I work as a game designer for mobile games and every decision comes down from suits and is made to wring as much money from players as possible. If I came to this project with that mindset, naming the main character would have been a must-have; a harem option too. But the story would have suffered as a result. It's just not that kind of project. Some stories just need certain things to work. I realize this alienates some people, but my purpose here is to write the best story that I can. Because of its episodic nature, a lot of design decisions will be difficult to understand as players do not have the whole context. The only thing I can say is trust me, nothing is accidental. It's building up to something.

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
Oh, no, it would be super easy, it's just not my design vision. I get some amount of... let's say backlash, over some creative decisions. Sometimes, I take the feedback and adjust going forward, like with the day 2 puzzles. Other times, like with the naming, I do not.
I work as a game designer for mobile games and every decision comes down from suits and is made to wring as much money from players as possible. If I came to this project with that mindset, naming the main character would have been a must-have; a harem option too. But the story would have suffered as a result. It's just not that kind of project. Some stories just need certain things to work. I realize this alienates some people, but my purpose here is to write the best story that I can. Because of its episodic nature, a lot of design decisions will be difficult to understand as players do not have the whole context. The only thing I can say is trust me, nothing is accidental. It's building up to something.
I get that, and its a good story so far, I just find much more interest and investment if I have that little bit of aegis to make the character MINE by naming him. But as I mentioned replying to the other guy I can see how that would have made at least one scene impossible, and that scene had real impact because of what it was

harem is just a preference for me not a deal breaker, I mean hell if I want realism I can turn on the news or go outside, realism isnt why I do AVN

Reactions: Stolen_rose

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
With your Degree of Trust Me BROlogy, of course we do. I like the story but as an completionist advocate, maybe include a way for us to know if we miss something. Some scenes only trigger with certain deities or combinations of stats. so maybe give us hint/scene list or a walkthrough in future

4.90 star(s) 40 Votes