Lun@

Dec 27, 2023
I'm only part of the way into this but really liking it so far. I love the supernatural vibe and how characters are not quite as they seem. Caleb the Edgelord is quite funny, he could give the MC from SG a serious run for his money in edginess :sneaky: and I like how he actually acknowledges it, so he is self aware.

Thanks EndlessNights for recommending this one. Look forward to playing more of it.

Stolen_rose

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2022
I'm only part of the way into this but really liking it so far. I love the supernatural vibe and how characters are not quite as they seem. Caleb the Edgelord is quite funny, he could give the MC from SG a serious run for his money in edginess :sneaky: and I like how he actually acknowledges it, so he is self aware.

Thanks EndlessNights for recommending this one. Look forward to playing more of it.
Judging by your username, former username, and signature, I think you'll grow to enjoy it even more as you go through the story.

Let me know who your favorite character is once you're done.

tewinter

Nov 17, 2017
Caleb the Edgelord is quite funny, he could give the MC from SG a serious run for his money in edginess :sneaky: and I like how he actually acknowledges it, so he is self aware.
This is one of the things that makes me like this game, Caleb is one of the edgiest lord MCs I've seen in a VN, but he's completely self aware of that and it fits with the story.

I'll say my favorite character so far is Rayne, I really like her.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
Rayne: She was the best of the college girls for me. A real sweetie struggling to not be engulfed by the Succubus within her.
What was nice was if the MC gives her a chance, he finds that behind that unsavoury status of being a "slut", she really is just a sweet, caring, girl looking for a normal romance and acceptance. The succubus side was pretty fun too, hehe.
In my first playthrough, I ended up alone. Rayne's proposition wasn't something that I wanted, and I turned down Keira's challenge. Both of these just close their paths with no way back. I got the impression that the writer wanted to show that people have different sides to them, and the player shouldn't write them off immediately... But then showing us their worst side and closing their path if we don't put up with that, I am not convinced that was a good decision. At least give us a glimpse of their "good side" first? It's like the "if you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best"-fallacy. After learning about Rayne's sensitive side, I went on her path on my 2nd playthrough.

If you visit the gym after turning down Keira's challenge, she'll decline Caleb's apology as a way to show him how bad it feels to be turned down. This, for me, was the weakest part of (the relatively weak) first day. Where Caleb approached her as an equal, or maybe even a tad submissive, Keira came to him aggressively. Entirely different situation. Caleb then feeling bad about what Keira said just felt wrong to me because he had no emotional investment in her at that point. His need, for whatever reason, to be accepted by Keira, felt out of character.

My favorite character is probably cocaine sugar fairy. I like how ethereal she feels, and I'd love to romance her in a future chapter.

Luckily, once all these introductions are done, the game/story really picks up.

Jewish sources connect Lilith with the source of vampirism...could she not excercise some power over the vampires aligned with the Eternal cult?
This is interesting. The first time we see Marie and Invictus talk, Invictus mentions Silver to her. To me, it sounded negatively, as if Silver's group was opposing Invictus' goals. I'm not convinced this is the right interpretation, do you have thoughts about that? With Lilith's involvement and "adoption" of Caleb, maybe vampires are opposed to Invictus, and Marie is using them for her own goals?

Reactions: AmaroPargo and Lun@

Lun@

Dec 27, 2023
In my first playthrough, I ended up alone. Rayne's proposition wasn't something that I wanted, and I turned down Keira's challenge. Both of these just close their paths with no way back. I got the impression that the writer wanted to show that people have different sides to them, and the player shouldn't write them off immediately... But then showing us their worst side and closing their path if we don't put up with that, I am not convinced that was a good decision. At least give us a glimpse of their "good side" first? It's like the "if you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best"-fallacy. After learning about Rayne's sensitive side, I went on her path on my 2nd playthrough.

If you visit the gym after turning down Keira's challenge, she'll decline Caleb's apology as a way to show him how bad it feels to be turned down. This, for me, was the weakest part of (the relatively weak) first day. Where Caleb approached her as an equal, or maybe even a tad submissive, Keira came to him aggressively. Entirely different situation. Caleb then feeling bad about what Keira said just felt wrong to me because he had no emotional investment in her at that point. His need, for whatever reason, to be accepted by Keira, felt out of character.

My favorite character is probably cocaine sugar fairy. I like how ethereal she feels, and I'd love to romance her in a future chapter.

Luckily, once all these introductions are done, the game/story really picks up.

This is interesting. The first time we see Marie and Invictus talk, Invictus mentions Silver to her. To me, it sounded negatively, as if Silver's group was opposing Invictus' goals. I'm not convinced this is the right interpretation, do you have thoughts about that? With Lilith's involvement and "adoption" of Caleb, maybe vampires are opposed to Invictus, and Marie is using them for her own goals?
Some valid points and I can see where you are coming from with regards to Rayne and Keira. I admit my initial reaction to Rayne was "Um, okay girl, easy there.." and with Keira, simply "Wtf is your problem?!". It would be easy to dismiss either of them and be locked out.

I do like the option of LI paths that can deviate and send the MC onto a whole different love route, rather than locked in with no wiggle room.

Fair point about Keira at the gym. I never got that scene but yes, I see what you mean regarding an emotional rapport that's not present yet.

Cocaine sugar fairy...haha that's...a pretty apt description for Alice :LOL:

I'm going to have to replay and take in more about the whole Invictus/Marie/Silver dynamic, as I was sleepy when I was playing that part. I would love to know the dynamic between Silver and Lilith...Silver would obviously be very aware of Lilith and could even have been sired by her. Is Silver one of Lilith's minions? hmmm :unsure:

Last edited:

Stolen_rose

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2022
Yay, I finished it!
Some thoughts, while I am transitioning through a rare lucid moment in my sanity :devilish:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Same. Her presence in the game is basically a resurrection of my teenage crush. Interestingly, Caleb's model does have a vampire variant, but Vampires and Succubi, in my story, can only be women.

I love your passion, but I'll abstain from commenting on anything else. Your intuition is a bit too on point and I have a mystery to run here.

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
Same. Her presence in the game is basically a resurrection of my teenage crush. Interestingly, Caleb's model does have a vampire variant, but Vampires and Succubi, in my story, can only be women.

I love your passion, but I'll abstain from commenting on anything else. Your intuition is a bit too on point and I have a mystery to run here.
I have feeling Caleb joining hand with Lilith will have the Vampires working under him after that.

Lun@

Dec 27, 2023

I suspected Swan Song was your ode to Jeanette ;)

Passion and a fair bit of sleep deprivation.
What seemed quite comprehensive at the time, reads like crazy gibberish now :LOL:
Ooh, now I really am excited for future updates!

townie

Oct 3, 2017
Surprising thing, this. First off, let me commend the author for giving us a main character with an actual personality, although I do have to wonder just how Constantine (the comics character, not the emperor) can you be at 24 years old but I guess I'll have to stay tuned for that. Good choice too, pairing him up with Brandon who's so diametrically opposed to him that even the smallest interactions can create conflict.

As for the supporting cast, I found Alice to be the most interesting and ended up somewhat peeved that the four-strong group excluded her. Excluding Selena makes some sense given her affiliation but I'd imagine Caleb would want to keep someone with her powers(?) close by. Again, early days. Maybe that changes; maybe there's a good reason not to.

Surprised to see Divi-Dead pointed out as an influence. That thing had ambience out the wazoo; hopefully this story ends up a little less convoluted. Admittedly, it'd be hard not to. Unless you're the Dual Family dev, I guess. But yeah, I can certainly see some similarities not just in the setting (I remember the woods being dangerous in that one too) but especially the interplay between Marie & Invictus and two similarly blonde characters in that.

Great ending to the first chapter, too. Frustrating wait, here we go. I really should learn not to get so into things that are years away from completion, smh. Then again, that was the point wasn't it? Well done, dev.

nnt1996

Jul 17, 2021

Just start out the story, loving it and the main cast so far, though i have a question, if Caleb is based off John Constantine then is Brandon based on Chas Chandler and Rayne or/and Keira based on Epiphany Greaves?

P.S: fuck...,im hearing Bri'ish accent whenever Caleb talks now...dear God...
P.P.S(PP...hehe): if Brandon remembered Caleb's name at somepoint later in the story im literally gonna fucking cry

Last edited:

Stolen_rose

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2022
Just start out the story, loving it and the main cast so far, though i have a question, if Caleb is based off John Constantine then is Brandon based on Chas Chandler and Rayne or/and Keira based on Epiphany Greaves?

P.S: fuck...,im hearing Bri'ish accent whenever Caleb talks now...dear God...
P.P.S(PP...hehe): if Brandon remembered Caleb's name at somepoint later in the story im literally gonna fucking cry
It's more inspired by, rather. When I created his character, I used John Constantine as an inspiration, but as I kept developing him, he became his own character. With the rest of the characters, I took some archetypes and then went like "ok, but why would they have become like this and how does it affect their life."

I'm not entirely sure that's a good thing as a big complaint I've seen is that the first impression is that they're all generic. In my head, it would be fun to look beyond the veil of how they seem and gradually unravel their complexities, but if people never get that far, they'll be left with the impression that they're all just generic.

If I ever make another game, I'll try a different approach.

That said, I would have loved to base a character off Epiphany, she was my second favorite character after Constantine.

Sep 3, 2020
It's more inspired by, rather. When I created his character, I used John Constantine as an inspiration, but as I kept developing him, he became his own character. With the rest of the characters, I took some archetypes and then went like "ok, but why would they have become like this and how does it affect their life."

I'm not entirely sure that's a good thing as a big complaint I've seen is that the first impression is that they're all generic. In my head, it would be fun to look beyond the veil of how they seem and gradually unravel their complexities, but if people never get that far, they'll be left with the impression that they're all just generic.

That said, I would have loved to base a character off Epiphany, she was my second favorite character after Constantine.
Lord let him make more games I can't go

back to playing as a horny MC that just wants to
fuck

and one-dimensional female characters that just want to jump on the MC for some reason

I'm begging you to make more games I can't go back to that

nnt1996

Jul 17, 2021

Nah man, i find it really intriguing and a really fun comparison,i did'nt meant to offend or anything
Also i think Marie is kinda similar to Zatanna on the part that most of the magic Caleb learn comes from her and the fact that she is his ex
And Brandon is pretty much fucking Goku or Luffy lol,he even have a One Piece shirt!

P.S:when you eventually making a new game,i think you should dive into the Alan Wake series for some inspiration,i have been kinda into that franchise lately thanks to the "Herald of Darkness" music video (awesome piece of video game music by the way, you should check that out too if you have'nt")
P.P.S:also will Brandon have a girlfriend? (you don't have to answer this one if you don't want to)

Last edited:
4.90 star(s) 40 Votes