Stolen_rose

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2022
Nah man, i find it really intriguing and a really fun comparison,i did'nt meant to offend or anything
Also i think Marie is kinda similar to Zatanna on the part that most of the magic Caleb learn comes from her and the fact that she is his ex
And Brandon is pretty much fucking Goku or Luffy lol,he even have a One Piece shirt!

P.S:when you eventually making a new game,i think you should dive into the Alan Wake series for some inspiration,i have been kinda into that franchise lately thanks to the "Herald of Darkness" music video (awesome piece of video game music by the way, you should check that out too if you have'nt")
P.P.S:also will Brandon have a girlfriend? (you don't have to answer this one if you don't want to)
I didn't take offense, don't worry, just explaining.
Oh, I love Alan Wake. I had an idea for a story at one time where the protagonist could shift between layers of the narrative and I can't really do that anymore now. I really liked from the first game.
As for Brandon, no partner (wouldn't necessarily be a girlfriend) planned for him right now as there's a lot of plot threads I need to manage and adding that could overbloat the story to the point where releases don't actually progress the story much. It's not out of the question for the future, but probably not in chapter 2.

No, no, no! No more games until Zero End is finished please :ROFLMAO:.
Wouldn't dream of it, even Zero End feels like too much sometimes. If I try to start another solo project, I'd be in a mental asylum in a few weeks.

nnt1996

Jul 17, 2021
I really liked from the first game
Ill give it a try,herald of darkness and war are my favourite so far, also take control and lift (from the same band)
And i forgot that Brandon mentions that hes bi so really sorry about that
I just finish chapter 1 btw(keira path), now im pretty excited for the next one

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Stolen_rose

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
is there any WT-mod for this? reeeally not fun of freeroam here and pdf WT not making it any better

Eumm

Nov 22, 2021
I have a very complicated feeling towards Marie.
On one hand, I really dislike her, not only for her being manipulative but also for her confidence that everything is under her control; on the other hand, she deeply allures me by her mysterious aura. Like MC, I keep wondering what is she plotting? What happened to her?
Her mystery is a far more fatal weapon that her magic. I truly wonder, if one day, MC has to make a choice between saving her and figuring her out, which will he choose?

Reactions: EndlessNights

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
I have a very complicated feeling towards Marie.
On one hand, I really dislike her, not only for her being manipulative but also for her confidence that everything is under her control; on the other hand, she deeply allures me by her mysterious aura. Like MC, I keep wondering what is she plotting? What happened to her?
Her mystery is a far more fatal weapon that her magic. I truly wonder, if one day, MC has to make a choice between saving her and figuring her out, which will he choose?
I think the vivacious Marie of the past is lost forever, the present one is pale as a corpse, she looks like a vampire or a zombie. I know she had to make a diabolical pact and sacrifice herself to achieve something, but it all seems unjustifiable. Then there's the world beyond the mirrors and these weird inverted things that I didn't understand at all.
I should have played a second time to understand things a bit more :unsure:.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Maybe she was never really "Marie" and that was always just a facade to pull Caleb into her web of plans. But yeah i also think i need to play again to remember every detail.

Eumm

Nov 22, 2021
I think the vivacious Marie of the past is lost forever, the present one is pale as a corpse, she looks like a vampire or a zombie. I know she had to make a diabolical pact and sacrifice herself to achieve something, but it all seems unjustifiable. Then there's the world beyond the mirrors and these weird inverted things that I didn't understand at all.
I should have played a second time to understand things a bit more :unsure:.
Yeah, I also think they are completely different people now. That's why I wonder how Caleb really thinks of her now, a damsel to save or a puzzle to solve? Nonetheless, I hope Caleb can surprise her in the future, telling her she is not the only person who becomes totally different.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I'm also in the Marie camp. I find her intriguing for the following reasons.
1. A clear contrast between flashback Marie and current Marie.
2. Said contrast is the result of a ritual, the reasoning being a mystery in itself.
3. It seems that younger MC did something that affected their relationship.
4. She seems to have influence over multiple factions.
5. Despite being seemingly subservient to the big bad she gives MC a chance.
6. She seems to have specific knowledge about MC that he is unaware of.

So currently the only assumption I can make is that she is the lesser evil and she does things either for love, or her plan is significantly more expansive than what it seems. And just like MC, I'm a sucker for a good mystery and she is the resident mastermind. The other girls, despite their backstories, are too straightforward in comparison.

The dev has masterfully created the perfect atmosphere for the reader to be untrustworthy so I find it hard to become engaged to rest of the schemes and extraordinary situations. Marie, thanks to the backstory and her latest actions, manages to maintain her edge and with the introduction of Lilith, everything else feels way too small in comparison.

Last edited:

D4rkK1ng

Feb 17, 2024
i just played VN , i liked it
The strongest point of this VN is the story/mystery of MC/Marie in my opinion at least.
The characters are guite good, the visuals/renders are pretty good too
in the end i tried 2 different choices endings and im not sure which is the best but i found them quite interesting (the chloe ending) when this VN completed , it will need more than one run to truly experience it.
in my opinion though the mechanics/free roam need some refinement for me at least slowed the immersion.
overall it was a very strong start for VN above average for sure and if the story can keep it up , this can be one of the best ones.
im thinking i will team Marie too. (or maybe we can have team Lilith ?? hmmm)
for now in my books its tier B+ though.

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Hello!

This may be a bit longer than usual as I want to get into some more personal stuff. I'll start with the updates so whoever isn't interested in the rest can skip.
We're currently close to 20k words and going on 900 static images. I've been trying really hard to get ahead with the writing so it doesn't block progress on the images. Also, I added music and SFX for everything that's currently in the build.
Going forward, I'm going to try and optimize the content output as it's been slower than my usual pace in the last few months. There's a good reason for that, but it's been resolved. Which is what I want to get into next.

This has a good ending, but we'll have to crawl through dirt to get there. Over the last four months or so, I've felt overwhelmed. I couldn't work at my normal rate, I was stressed, exhausted and felt incredibly burn out. Looking back, I'm surprised I could do even as much as I did. Even though I was determined to keep going, the thought of how much work I still had to do was daunting. I felt doomed and hopeless. That led me down a path of substance-abuse which only made things worse. I won't say it was my lowest, but it was pretty damn close.
Fortunately, I stumbled upon videos about Magnesium and D-vitamin deficiencies. Now, I knew I was probably somewhat deficient in those aspects and was taking some supplements, but I realized that I was taking Magnesium Oxide and the D3 supplement had so little that I would have had to take 50 pills every day to get to a sufficient dose. So I got some high-quality supplements. I didn't expect a miracle, but I figured I would feel better in time.
But I got a miracle, basically. I slept very well, woke up early, didn't feel anxiety anymore, had energy, felt more confident, and I realized I enjoyed life again. It's been about four days and I've been working hard every day. I don't feel like it's too much, I don't feel mentally exhausted, and I'm excited about the project again after so many months.
I thought really hard whether I should post this or not, but I figured it may help someone. Apparently a lot of people are deficient in those things. Now, please note that I'm not a doctor and all this is just my personal experience. Still, if it helps even one person, it's worth sharing. For that reason, this update is public.

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am.
--SR

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
Yes, if the daily diet is not nutritious enough (lots of junk food) multivitamins help a lot, but I think someone should also invoke a succubus and send it to him :devilish: :coffee:.

Reactions: Stolen_rose

EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022
Yes, if the daily diet is not nutritious enough (lots of junk food) multivitamins help a lot, but I think someone should also invoke a succubus and send it to him :devilish: :coffee:.
Getting a succubus involved might lead to nutrient depletion, though, and the vicious cycle would start anew!

Stolen Rose: I'm so sorry to hear you've had such a rough time of it recently, but I'm really glad you've made your way through it and couldn't be more excited to see where the game goes next. To be honest, I was quite shocked to hear the news because you've managed to stay engaged with the community throughout this whole ordeal, but that's testament to your amazing and unwavering dedication and professionalism. Please don't ever feel reluctant to take a break if you need one.

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
I am really glad you are doing much better man i had a nasty streak of depression a couple of years back but i got through it, surprisingly i was also taking some D3 regularly back then mostly because i basically got a bottle of it for free and honestly i can remember my mood improving and getting better sleep not sure if it's directly connected but I just remember taking it as well.

As a self proclaimed succubus (and vampire) expert I can safely say that invoking a succubus would have an opposite effect of intended, such a treatment is only gonna result in you lacking vitamin D, A, B, C, K, E... No amount of multivitamins is gonna help there lol.

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
As a self proclaimed succubus (and vampire) expert I can safely say that invoking a succubus would have an opposite effect of intended, such a treatment is only gonna result in you lacking vitamin D, A, B, C, K, E... No amount of multivitamins is gonna help there lol.
You're right, bad advice from me, but at least you're weakened with happiness :WeSmart:. The question of nutrition is complicated if you don't know how to cook and don't have help, for example I'm lucky enough to visit my mother once a week and I leave with a full belly and completely recharged :cool:.

Mar 21, 2024

Hello!

This may be a bit longer than usual as I want to get into some more personal stuff. I'll start with the updates so whoever isn't interested in the rest can skip.
We're currently close to 20k words and going on 900 static images. I've been trying really hard to get ahead with the writing so it doesn't block progress on the images. Also, I added music and SFX for everything that's currently in the build.
Going forward, I'm going to try and optimize the content output as it's been slower than my usual pace in the last few months. There's a good reason for that, but it's been resolved. Which is what I want to get into next.

This has a good ending, but we'll have to crawl through dirt to get there. Over the last four months or so, I've felt overwhelmed. I couldn't work at my normal rate, I was stressed, exhausted and felt incredibly burn out. Looking back, I'm surprised I could do even as much as I did. Even though I was determined to keep going, the thought of how much work I still had to do was daunting. I felt doomed and hopeless. That led me down a path of substance-abuse which only made things worse. I won't say it was my lowest, but it was pretty damn close.
Fortunately, I stumbled upon videos about Magnesium and D-vitamin deficiencies. Now, I knew I was probably somewhat deficient in those aspects and was taking some supplements, but I realized that I was taking Magnesium Oxide and the D3 supplement had so little that I would have had to take 50 pills every day to get to a sufficient dose. So I got some high-quality supplements. I didn't expect a miracle, but I figured I would feel better in time.
But I got a miracle, basically. I slept very well, woke up early, didn't feel anxiety anymore, had energy, felt more confident, and I realized I enjoyed life again. It's been about four days and I've been working hard every day. I don't feel like it's too much, I don't feel mentally exhausted, and I'm excited about the project again after so many months.
I thought really hard whether I should post this or not, but I figured it may help someone. Apparently a lot of people are deficient in those things. Now, please note that I'm not a doctor and all this is just my personal experience. Still, if it helps even one person, it's worth sharing. For that reason, this update is public.

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am.
--SR
Any ETA? (no pressure)

4.90 star(s) 40 Votes