battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
I tried your game out because it looked interesting but I only made it to the beginning. I hate smoking and I hate sluts and you put both of those immediately into the VN. I wish you the best but it is not for me.

_FY_

Sep 5, 2022
I tried your game out because it looked interesting but I only made it to the beginning. I hate smoking and I hate sluts and you put both of those immediately into the VN. I wish you the best but it is not for me.
There's a lot more to that slut than initially meets the eye. She's actually an incredibly sweet girl. You just need to delve deeper into the story to truly understand what's going on with her character.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Drama moves the plot along ... tension arises outta character traits of people you meet.
This game has literal man eaters who moonshine into sluts, is all

sisco1986

Dec 29, 2018
the only part that i don't like about the story so far is that the mc never ends a single conflict on the winning side, i know that it's a narrative choice to develop the mc but it gets old really fast, it works for games that make a complete release because the story is all there, but for something episodic like this game is kinda lame to have to wait 4-6 months to see what new character will say his monologue about how the mc is a crappy mage or who will beat the shit out of him now

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
the only part that i don't like about the story so far is that the mc never ends a single conflict on the winning side, i know that it's a narrative choice to develop the mc but it gets old really fast, it works for games that make a complete release because the story is all there, but for something episodic like this game is kinda lame to have to wait 4-6 months to see what new character will say his monologue about how the mc is a crappy mage or who will beat the shit out of him now
Then you haven't made choices that would let you win. Caleb can win against Keira in the beginning (or avoid the fight altogether). He can also win against Swansong (that is stall for enough time for Brandon to arrive). Not sure what else you are referring to.

sisco1986

Dec 29, 2018
Then you haven't made choices that would let you win. Caleb can win against Keira in the beginning (or avoid the fight altogether). He can also win against Swansong (that is stall for enough time for Brandon to arrive). Not sure what else you are referring to.
let me see, mc is meeting the dean and he almost got killed, mc goes dancing and he gets dominated and almost killed, mc encounters swansong and he can't do anything except stalling till mr big dick comes and saves the day, after that we get a nice monologue about how the mc is garbage at being a mage

every single encounter ends like that; like i said it gets old and fast

the next patch will probably be the mc going to "badmage" central and get his ass kicked by the leader just to be saved by that mage the dean told to kill the mc after hes not useful anymore; every single plot point is based on how shit the mc is

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
This game is by design not meant to be self-insert or self-projection by the player. So, clearly anyone who fantasizes about being the MC, identifies himself/herself/itself as the MC, most likely will not enjoy it.

Players who can separate themselves from the MC get the whole idea of this game just fine. They also understand about the 'hero complex' or whatever is the right term for it, where the protagonist starts out weak and slowly grow, becomes stronger as the story progresses. It wouldn't be that interesting for the players, if the protagonist somehow already knew everything and is the most powerful being in the universe. Depending on player's choices, the MC can win, lose or hold his ground in most confrontations so far, that is kinda balanced. MC kills or banishes the creature that infiltrated his room in episode 1, definitely not losing there.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But yeah, it will all make sense in the end, so perhaps ( for some player ) it is way better to just play this game when it is completed 3 - 4 years from now. No one is forcing anyone to play any games and any updates. Of course, this argument is old, but so does "I don't like the story, MC or whatever, so dev should change it!". Don't say the "I am only expressing my opinion, I don't want the dev to change it!" argument, because by explicitly expressing your dislikes, you are almost certainly and implicitly wanting for change, in one way, shape or form.

Constructive cristicsms and feedbacks are always welcome though, as far as they abide by the general site guidelines. Plot holes, continuity issues, quality of life improvements, bugs and the likes are great find. Not when it comes to subjective elements of the story, which is under complete creative control of the developer.

IMO, the players need to align their expectations with the game experience, and not the other way around, and certainly not force their expectations onto the game, to be able to fully enjoy and appreciate it.

Honestly, I don't know why I posted this since they are pretty generic and applicable to all other games as well, not just specific to this game:unsure:. Feels like I am trying to explain stuffs to this site's newcomers.

Last edited:

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
let me see, mc is meeting the dean and he almost got killed
True, but Caleb can, with the right choice, break the Dean's control.
mc goes dancing and he gets dominated and almost killed
Can't do much yet about Silver. But Caleb can turn the tables on Swansong when dancing with her.
mc encounters swansong and he can't do anything except stalling till mr big dick comes and saves the day
Which is better than what Keira did.

EDIT: You also forgot to mention Caleb defeating that thing in their dorm room.

But you are right, Caleb isn't strong currently. And yet he does what he can. He was strong in the past so it is very likely he will be again in the future. But if you are looking for an MC that is OP from the start then you need to look elsewhere.

Last edited:

Stolen_rose

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2022
well any news for update
About a third of the way done

In terms of growth it's even better to play dumb and "lose" the fight to Swansong... Sort of a backwards reward system. lol
It's not a rewards system, it's a catch-up system. The design intent isn't for the player to pick one attribute and only focus on that one, but rather have one stat that is more prominent at the start and eventually reach a relatively balanced set. That way, your choice at the start doesn't decide your entire playthrough. Also, it reflects my perspective that you learn more from failure than from success--a bunch of stuff in the game reflects this idea.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
It's not a rewards system, it's a catch-up system. The design intent isn't for the player to pick one attribute and only focus on that one, but rather have one stat that is more prominent at the start and eventually reach a relatively balanced set. That way, your choice at the start doesn't decide your entire playthrough. Also, it reflects my perspective that you learn more from failure than from success--a bunch of stuff in the game reflects this idea.
Yeah, figured it might serve as some sort of balance measure. But the thought it may be tied to deceiving occurred as well.
Especially the ones in class could be interpreted like that. Swansong's comment if you loose is pretty clear though..
It's not the usual system but certainly an interesting one. ;)

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1686574193199.png
Yeah, the many events crammed up MC”s make sense in the volatile space and time he inhabits.
That being the setting, most players will echo pretty much what the game world predicates:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
1686574313741.png
We all ... hopefully .. read the dev responses around this thread and we should know:
MC is stupid, self deprecating, unreliable narrator who cannot decide for shit.
In so far, despite knowing of his predicaments, went full steam ahead to get trashed around.
Not to mention the fact he showed his hand pretty much throughout the game if we push him to,
if not, deffinitely at the end, while dean already knows

1686574333111.png

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
In terms of growth it's even better to play dumb and "lose" the fight to Swansong... Sort of a backwards reward system. lol
Depends what you are going for. You lose out on a Keira point if you lose the fight.
Also, it reflects my perspective that you learn more from failure than from success--a bunch of stuff in the game reflects this idea.
That only works if you actively try to understand why you failed and can correct it or at least try something different next time. Otherwise you are only imprinting bad behavior in your body.

EDIT: I also think it is difficult to learn anything if you deliberately fail.

Last edited:
4.90 star(s) 60 Votes