Captain Crash

Oct 19, 2017
Are there any more of those "cores" hidden around the level? I think you need them to access some extra scenes and you can find 1 in the first level, but I didn't see any others. Might not be any more in the demo but it'd be good to know for sure.

karnedraws

Aug 17, 2021
Are there any more of those "cores" hidden around the level? I think you need them to access some extra scenes and you can find 1 in the first level, but I didn't see any others. Might not be any more in the demo but it'd be good to know for sure.
No just one in the demo, in the final version there will be one core hidden per level, and you need a few to get the extra scenes

Reactions: Captain Crash

statape19

Jul 23, 2019
Back when I was younger, seeing a new game roll up on the horizon, I would get so, so, excited as to the prospect of a new adventure. Man, when Halo ODST came out I straight up fucking SPRINTED home so I could get to gaming as soon as humanly possible - midnight releases with the homies screeching like fucking Cliff Racers when we get our hands on that fresh cellophane wrap. My heart would race even thinking about a new title coming out, it was ridiculous.

Now? I only feel that with hentai games (lmfaooooooo). Please someone, tell me this release is a banger, because it has my heart THUMPING. Got that Parasite in City vibe, MC has some Grimhelm vibes, side-scroller monster... Shit man, please tell me this pulls through.

Just saw the gifs on the devs twitter - where the fuck can I support this mad lad. I MUST DIVEST MY FUNDS IMMEDIATELY.
my mans with that sweet morrowind reference

• Haha
Reactions: Nghtly

Izuek

Oct 2, 2021
Looks promising.

But, don't immediately force the player to require double jump by making her jump super short. Instead, start off with normal jumping puzzles and give her double-jump later on. The current single-jump is basically useless right from the start.

Reactions: lordlundar

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Looks promising.

But, don't immediately force the player to require double jump by making her jump super short. Instead, start off with normal jumping puzzles and give her double-jump later on. The current single-jump is basically useless right from the start.
man, don't expect actual gameplay from these, you'll be disappointed
Even GRIMHELM got the gameplay horribly wrong imo

flame_bandit

May 31, 2018
man, don't expect actual gameplay from these, you'll be disappointed
Even GRIMHELM got the gameplay horribly wrong imo
disagree, alien quest eve had very good gameplay, the only downside was that maybe one powerup (spinning instead of jumping/moving) was hidden, even though you needed it to escape at the end

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
disagree, alien quest eve had very good gameplay, the only downside was that maybe one powerup (spinning instead of jumping/moving) was hidden, even though you needed it to escape at the end
eh, to each their own but I didn't like it at all.
The beginning was very good but at some point the game became a weak enemy farming simulator because there was no way to beat some of the bosses without farming, and I fucking hate farming.

Mordona

Confused Demoness
Donor
Dec 1, 2017
eh, to each their own but I didn't like it at all.
The beginning was very good but at some point the game became a weak enemy farming simulator because there was no way to beat some of the bosses without farming, and I fucking hate farming.
I literally didn't have to farm anything on a blind first run. Don't knock the game for your own faults.

Doomdooom

Mar 1, 2018
Overall really great start, pixel art is A++ quality, cant wait to see more of it.

Only two small issues, she keeps slowly walking to the left as if i had controller drift even though im only using Mouse+Keyboard, and i agree with the others that jump height is too short.

Cristiany

Dec 3, 2017
this game will go for updates or we have demo now and the next one will be when Karnedraws finish the game?
I not tried the demo bc this game look like a really nice one and i not want get spoilers for the moment,i just hope a lot of enemies,sex traps with enemies special animation,game overs,lesbian/futa enemies,events of sex etc.
The game is chibi and you see the caracther in big when you have sex,dont you?, i like the idea,i not usually like chibi games sex bc im more of see the sex in big,this was a nice idea about the creator of give zoom and see the caracther has sex in big with detail.

frigidd

Mar 22, 2018
This game is awesome, well done karnedraws! My only real criticism is make the melee move more reliable. I felt like I was constantly trying to estimate the right distance to hit without having to worry about my cooldown costing me a hit point. And maybe have the ammo be stronger, but less ammo. Having it hit with the same damage as your kick seemed off.

Definitely nailed the horror vibe of cramped corridors and impending doom/split second decisions to react!

Cuadrao

Sep 18, 2018
Tried the demo last night, it's looking pretty good i'd say! Of course, it's not without some problems but i'll try to point those out here:
-Melee combat doesn't feel good, enemies shouldn't damage you on touch, that's a bad idea and i think enemies should have a little anticipation before they attack so that you can have a little window of time to evade their attacks
-Shooting feels okay i think, it could be better with some tweakings (damage, ammo, rate of fire, etc)
-Platforming feels bad, the double jump feels too short (for a lack of better words), i say the jump should be higher and you use the same particles effect for BOTH jumps, you should have a different effect for the second jump so that players can tell if they already used their second jump
-Animations look really REALLY GOOOD, one thing i should note is that we seriously need a zoom in/out feature for the gameplay, as far as i know the only ingame animation you have right now is the healing one with the tentacles and the ones displaying on the lobby with the npcs, we would really like to see those up close!
-Optimization is in need, dunno how that works but i've played a lot of other platformers with as much, if not MORE details running a lot better.

(This one is a bit more personal, so i left it just in case)
-I think some more movement options would be great, like dashing or running or a dodge roll to give the player more control, maybe different melee attacks, some combos perhaps...maybe?? i dunno if the gameplay focus of the game is going to be the COMBAT or the PLATFORMS so you should look into that too

(Didn't adress music and story since i don't think those are really neccessary right now)

Overall?
GAME IS LOOKING REALLY GOOOOOOOOD!! it's just that even for a demo it feels a bit clunky, but i say the basis are there for this to be a good platformer, it just needs more work on the gameplay

4.10 star(s) 31 Votes