VN Ren'Py Zia [v0.5] [Studio Zia]

4.10 star(s) 7 Votes

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
Zia-0.5
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
Wake me up when devs start using something other than PNG...​

Reactions: Arisushi

Kagarus

Sep 28, 2017
Not so much disappointed for the lack of straight content, but with the lack of content in general.

We waited 4 month for an update to the game and it is basically one "stand motionless at the side without seeing or hearing party ever" - which btw. is kind of prominent with "milking devs" - where Zia dates and later fucks a celebrity that was never mentioned before and likely will never be mentioned again.
There was a small section about Nina and Zia as children and how they love-hated each other from the very beginning, but that section was ... not big at all.

Couple that with no choices and thus zero deviation possible and you have a HUGELY disappointing update.

I am on record defending "slow burn AVN's" - and I'm still standing by that, but this is way beyond a slow burn.

This is hilarious, please tell us how you played the game.

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
and? where is this "promised" straight content? :devilish: a big disappointment
I think you missed the route where Zia and Conner officially kick off their "relationship".

If you were only expecting sexual scenes for "straight content", then I'm sorry to have disappointed you.

But if you were looking for a route where a straight "relationship" is formed. It's definitely in here in this update.

Couple that with no choices and thus zero deviation possible and you have a HUGELY disappointing update.
(Unless you're on the Nina Route)
There is literally two major decision making moments, where you

1. Stay with Gloria or leave to the beach.
2. Start a relationship with Conner or just stay friends.

Both of which is going to define/alter Zia's relationship scenes significantly from hereon.

Just like how the date with Nina is completely different from Gloria's.

Even though I don't necessarily agree with the rest of your takes, I can at least understand what you expect in your Visual novels, and therefore acknowledge why you didn't like this update.

But saying there are no choices and deviations in this update is just outright wrong.

Reactions: coffee89

MixQQ

Sep 8, 2019
I think you missed the route where Zia and Conner officially kick off their "relationship".

If you were only expecting sexual scenes for "straight content", then I'm sorry to have disappointed you.

But if you were looking for a route where a straight "relationship" is formed. It's definitely in here in this update.
(0.5 will officially kick off the straight route with a bang. So, that wait won't be too long either.)
yea, i saw all scenes, the most ridiculous one is some random chick fuck Zia with strap-on. Instead of give a proper straight scene as you said, you decided throw some random stuff :ROFLMAO:

Just make this game pure lesbian instead of deceive people

• Angry
Reactions: RuthBlackett

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
This is hilarious, please tell us how you played the game.

Simple.
I am not "on the path" with Nina and thus technically got the choice.

However the choice about staying with Gloria is the only path were truly something happens.

Unless you count some screens where Gloria apparently is transformed into a frog, Zia and Connor talk a bit and you get another "choice" if you kiss Connor or not.

That's why as far as I'm concerned the choice is only decorative and with next to no substance.

Regardless of what you think objectively the wait for an update of 4 month was not worth it at all.
There is not much content in this update.

Kagarus

Sep 28, 2017
Simple.
I am not "on the path" with Nina and thus technically got the choice.

However the choice about staying with Gloria is the only path were truly something happens.

Unless you count some screens where Gloria apparently is transformed into a frog, Zia and Connor talk a bit and you get another "choice" if you kiss Connor or not.

That's why as far as I'm concerned the choice is only decorative and with next to no substance.

Regardless of what you think objectively the wait for an update of 4 month was not worth it at all.
There is not much content in this update.
1. Those choices literally sets the relationship variable to 3 (Connor), 4(Gloria) or leaves it at 0.
2. Whether or not there are choices is an objective statement of fact, so claiming without any modifiers like "meaningful to me" that there's "no choices" is... just objectively wrong.
3. Whether something is worth it or not, on the other hand, is a value judgement, and thus inherently deeply subjective.

If you don't like an update, a game, or whatever, cool. But please don't lie about the objective facts of a game.

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
yea, i saw all scenes, the most ridiculous one is some random chick fuck Zia with strap-on. Instead of give a proper straight scene as you said, you decided throw some random stuff :ROFLMAO:

Lol... deceive who brother? :ROFLMAO:

With the exception of the few kind players and patrons (who I assume like the game for what it is), no one even cares about this game.

Until this very day, a very vocal section of the audience hate it for not being "lesbian" enough.

Now, you seem to hate it for not being "straight" enough.

The game is barely making 60 dollars per month. And I'm broke as fuck with no clue on how I'll even pay my next month's rent.

So, no.. I'm definitely not this weird con-man you're making me out to be.

Last edited:

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Let me get this straight, you are upset because your FREE PIRATED game was not what you expected?
Upset?
No.
Disappointed?
Yes.

With the exception of the few kind players and patrons (who I assume like the game for what it is), no one even cares about this game.

Until this very day, a very vocal section of the audience hate it for not being "lesbian" enough.

The game is barely making 60 dollars per month. And I'm broke as fuck with no clue on how I'll even pay my next month's rent.

Btw. be prepared to be yeeted off patreon.

That is not a threat mind you.
Patreon is extremely anal about Children and adult content even existing in the same universe. They are on a banning spree for all kinds of reasons, targeting adult creators. They are at it for well over 2 years by now.
Yes, a flashback of some girls with one of them later being shown to have sex is enough.
Hell merely a picture of a child is enough. Even if that child never in a million years is shown to have sex as an adult. For instance that is the reason why Corrupted Kingdoms was booted ...

Last edited:

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
lol the negativity of these comments makes me want to check the update out sooner im sure I will love it. While what was said about patron and children could be true I don't see it being an issue, not sure how true it is tbh. it feels like they are more likely to notice or go after games with other content first. But maybe the several AVN's I follow that would effect just has gone unnoticed.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
lol the negativity of these comments makes me want to check the update out sooner im sure I will love it. While what was said about patron and children could be true I don't see it being an issue, not sure how true it is tbh. it feels like they are more likely to notice or go after games with other content first. But maybe the several AVN's I follow that would effect just has gone unnoticed.
By now the discussion about this and the evidence for it are numerous.
There are some ... workarounds in some cases.

For instance to avoid being banned from patreon Nudist School redressed the characters. Previously the girls were sporting a school uniform, in the last update he changed it to regular clothes. None of the girls are underage, but school uniforms are considered a sign of childhood according to patreon.

As said Corrupted Kingdoms was banned from patreon because of children pictures.
Notice that there is no link to a patreon page.
Look around at that is relatively common nowadays.
Not on every game mind you, not even on 50% of them (mostly because patreon has not found a legal reason yet) but not uncommon at all.

This game here has a section of child Zia and child Nina clearly underage when they first met. The adult Zia is shown to have sex in multiple scenes.
So yes, it is a problem.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
By now the discussion about this and the evidence for it are numerous.
There are some ... workarounds in some cases.

For instance to avoid being banned from patreon Nudist School redressed the characters. Previously the girls were sporting a school uniform, in the last update he changed it to regular clothes. None of the girls are underage, but school uniforms are considered a sign of childhood according to patreon.

As said Corrupted Kingdoms was banned from patreon because of children pictures.
Notice that there is no link to a patreon page.
Not on every game mind you, not even on 50% of them (mostly because patreon has not found a legal reason yet) but not uncommon at all.

This game here has a section of child Zia and child Nina clearly underage when they first met. The adult Zia is shown to have sex in multiple scenes.
So yes, it is a problem.
I mean I didn't doubt it is an issue I was more saying it seems games that have other content they dislike are targeted more and tbh I forgot about that in this game unless it was in the update. But I still think it depends on how said games uses said children characters that's why I said i don't know how true it is just having the presence is enough. But maybe im wrong I never heard or played those games you mentioned before so I don't know how they were used. The only reason I doubt the presence is enough is I know some of the games I play are more popular have some in them even if it's just a flashback or whatever so I feel one of them would of been hit if the presence was enough. Unless it's low on their priority list and they go after other content first.

RuthBlackett

May 8, 2024
--IMPORTANT NOTE--
ZIA IS BISEXUAL!!!
The lesbian tag on the thread is in accordance with the site's definition - "Sexual acts between two or more females"
If you want a game that treats its female characters with care, and crafts a sincere "female-female" romance route as much as the "male-female" one - then you may like this VN.
But if your top priority is that the protagonist shouldn't be interested in any men, even in the slightest - then this game is not for you.
Or, i daresay :

"If your top priority is that the protagonist shouldn't be interested in any female, even in the slightest - then this game is not for you."

RuthBlackett

May 8, 2024
...and some games do separate versions for Patreon and for other platforms

RuthBlackett

May 8, 2024

If i said what i actually thought of your "opinion" {scare quotes intentional} i think this post would be deleted.

Just go play whatever game is straight enough for you and don't clutter up this thread.

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023

I'm going to take a stab at this to try and be helpful to the dev only. I have NEVER played this VN, I just came across it in the Latest updates so I have no dog in the fight as to it's content. This is to the Dev it just my OPINION trying to help but I know I should just STFU feel free to tell me so but it's an attempt to help.

MARKETING
Name - The Name of the Game tells you nothing and 3 letter VN's are hard to search for.
Title Image - Nothing really wrong with it but it's not exciting, at best it's just ok.
1000013287.jpg
It definitely doesn't make the average person want to stop and see what this VN contains. I would change it.

Tags - 3dcg female protagonist lesbian paranormal romance teasing Not one exciting Tag here. I think I found it because it has a female protagonist but that's about it. Then you click on the thread and all you see are people arguing about slow burn/no burn and the Lesbian only are fighting the people wanting to see some hetero action.

Sample Pics - You have 7 pictures showcasing the art style, but again telling us nothing at all about the game or the hot scenes we may see.

The only thing I consider well done from a marketing standpoint is your OVERVIEW
Overview:
Zia is a modern-day witch, hiding in plain sight as a stage magician.
But when the world of magic slowly starts bleeding into the ordinary,
Zia will have to make some pretty tough decisions that will change the course of her life.
Follow her story in this long-spanning saga filled with suspense, magic and wonder.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It sounds very interesting it sounds fun! It sounds like a game I would be interested in downloading and playing and possibly subscribing to if the other factors were more interesting.

Make a decision, if you really want a lesbian game then make one if you really want it hetero then make it hetero, do not let people on this board dictate where your story leads. Listen to the people that are actively supporting you as a sub but that's it.

This VN has been around since January 2023, and it has less than a dozen pages and it's making $60 a month, If the story you want to tell aligns with only a few people but you don't want to deviate then get a day job and make this a hobby. If you want to make bank, pay rent and not have a day job try to get a feel for tags people are searching for and build from there.

Now I will STFU, these are just my opinions from someone who accidentally came across this title and started reading comments and felt bad you are only making $60 that sucks, creating a title takes more time and effort than the average user here even realizes and you should be rewarded for your work. Bad marketing can kill a VN faster than bad writing in my opinion.

Good Luck and I wish you success. If you feel like chatting further drop me a PM.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ARB582 and Arisushi

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
I'm going to take a stab at this to try and be helpful to the dev only.
Good Luck and I wish you success. If you feel like chatting further drop me a PM.
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

I've now added additional tags on my end, but I don't know how or when it will reflect in the thread's tag section.

I'll also add more screenshots with the intimate scenes later today.

As for the other two things,

- I've never altered the story based on the whims and wants of others. And I'll only continue to stick to my vision. So, no worries there.

- I know this game is not going to be a financial super hit. (Me being broke is on me, not this game.) But I was just venting out my frustration at the claim that I was somehow tricking people and lying to them, when all I'm trying to do is tell a story I'm passionate about.

Or, i daresay :

"If your top priority is that the protagonist shouldn't be interested in any female, even in the slightest - then this game is not for you."
Yeah, up until the last update, the complaints have been only about the straight scene, so I wrote that disclaimer addressing that alone.

But lesson learnt. I've slightly tweaked it to address both sides now.

---

Once again, thanks for taking the time to sharing your thoughts like this. Means a lot.

• Red Heart
Reactions: wildride69 and c3p0

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Btw. be prepared to be yeeted off patreon.

That is not a threat mind you.
Thanks for the warning.

But if the game gets booted despite having only consensual adult scenes, I'm afraid I have no solution. I'll simply have to pack my bags and leave. I sincerely hope it doesn't come down to that.

4.10 star(s) 7 Votes