RPGM Zombie's Retreat 2: Gridlocked [v0.18.1 Beta] [Siren's Domain]

3.40 star(s) 21 Votes

BackRunner

Jun 19, 2017
You probably never did any development. Things take time...
I think the dude is just a troll. Or someone who thinks their voice is more important that god.
Reading some of their posts, which isn't a lot, they are kinda in a rotation of them suggesting something -> their suggestion getting ignored -> them getting mad -> then them basically shit talking the game -> then they look for a different game to put their suggestions on and the cycle repeats.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
To put it simply... you are dissatisfied (avoiding useing harder words to not be considered trolling... but man it's hard :HideThePain:) with story progression and Character development.
That would be fine on it's own, but seeking out a game where you know from previous experiences this is the common way and insult anything and everyone with a self imposed morale high standing is what you'd normally call trolling.
You neither seem to support the community, a developer or are practically engaged in creating your own content, yet expect people to eat YOUR "trueth" without consideration... yeah that creates quiet some malice towards yourself.
I won't say you are wrong about everything you said, but you fail to provide proof for your claims and bark at anyone pointing out your mistakes.
Is the story shallow? - So far it is, but Siren also provided some twists later down the road in his previous games so it remains to be seen.
Are there to many Characters with far to little variations? - Well it's true that character progression follows the road you pointed out, but you missed the Quests telling the Characters story and giving them individuality (while it's known that optical there isn't much in the term since Scarlett Ann has a particular style without even attempting to reach differences in between characters)

Pero95

Oct 17, 2022
To put it simply... you are dissatisfied (avoiding useing harder words to not be considered trolling... but man it's hard :HideThePain:) with story progression and Character development.
That would be fine on it's own, but seeking out a game where you know from previous experiences this is the common way and insult anything and everyone with a self imposed morale high standing is what you'd normally call trolling.
You neither seem to support the community, a developer or are practically engaged in creating your own content, yet expect people to eat YOUR "trueth" without consideration... yeah that creates quiet some malice towards yourself.
I won't say you are wrong about everything you said, but you fail to provide proof for your claims and bark at anyone pointing out your mistakes.
Is the story shallow? - So far it is, but Siren also provided some twists later down the road in his previous games so it remains to be seen.
Are there to many Characters with far to little variations? - Well it's true that character progression follows the road you pointed out, but you missed the Quests telling the Characters story and giving them individuality (while it's known that optical there isn't much in the term since Scarlett Ann has a particular style without even attempting to reach differences in between characters)
All I'm seeing is "I agree with pretty much everything you said, but you had an attitude so I won't stand by your side".
Keep on keeping on, brother.

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
Imagine being such a fucking generic human to instantly try to reduce someone's credibility by calling them a "troll" simply because of differing views. I more or less see what caliber of discussion you can possibly wield.

As to the other dude, no, I have never developed a game. Shocking, right? No, it's not. It doesn't take a game developer to see that everyone here is milking their fanbase with watered down content simply because it doesn't take much work.
Siren is the king of a let down. The gameplay in his games can be quite fun admittedly, but everything else follows the same template. Meet a girl -> get a kiss -> get a handjob/boobjob -> blowjob -> actual sex. That's it, there's hardly ever anything more. You're lucky to get a different costume on halloween and christmas and a new scene. Then, after some time has passed, it's time to "remake existing scenes" cause all of a sudden the creator had something else in mind. It's only one way to prolong the milking.
Everyone tries to market their games for having incest, yet in the actual game, devs are trying to get the fuck away from it. And don't give me Patreon policy bullshit as an excuse. Get off the platform then.
Stop introducing so many literal who characters and actually develop existing ones. This is something many devs either don't understand or do understand very much but it gives more room to do fuck all and just slap the template mentioned above to reduce any possible workload they could've had.

But in reality, it's not the dev's fault. It's your people's fault for throwing money before you actually see any work done and for being satisfied with minimal effort put in.
If I were to make a game, I'd do the same.
I think you have a misconception on the concept of a game dev milking its patrons. Most of points you make is more a criticism of the game rather than evidence of milking. So let me cover you points.

Siren is the king of a let down. The gameplay in his games can be quite fun admittedly, but everything else follows the same template. Meet a girl -> get a kiss -> get a handjob/boobjob -> blowjob -> actual sex. That's it, there's hardly ever anything more.
It sounds you don't enjoy how Siren prefers to have things progress to sex. This isn't done with every character, but if you don't like it then that is fine. You are free to dislike the game, but that is not evidence of milking.

You're lucky to get a different costume on halloween and christmas and a new scene.
The only games to have a Christmas event are House Chores and Town of Passion. An both of those events are very different from each other. I will admit the outfits for Mary and Linda are very similar. But then what did you expect from a Christmas event. As for Halloween only the Zombie Retreat games and Town of Passion have such a event and each one is very different from each other.

Then, after some time has passed, it's time to "remake existing scenes" cause all of a sudden the creator had something else in mind. It's only one way to prolong the milking.
To my knowledge this has not happened in any of Siren's games. An even if it did it wouldn't have an effect on his output since he doesn't produce any of the art for his games.

Everyone tries to market their games for having incest, yet in the actual game, devs are trying to get the fuck away from it. And don't give me Patreon policy bullshit as an excuse. Get off the platform then.
While I don't always agree with Patreon policy, it is one of the larger more famous platforms for developers. I know Subscribe Star is a thing but it is not as well known as Patreon. Which is why many devs choose to tip toe around the issue of incest. In Siren's case you can pick what roles you want. This works out well since you can still go the incest route if you want to and not have Patreon shut you down. In my opinion that is not evidence of milking.

Stop introducing so many literal who characters and actually develop existing ones. This is something many devs either don't understand or do understand very much but it gives more room to do fuck all and just slap the template mentioned above to reduce any possible workload they could've had.
So you want Siren to put emphasis on existing cast rather than on adding in new characters. Fair enough that is a valid criticism. But I don't believe this is evidence of milking. Having a large or even expanding their game does not mean that Siren is trying to milk is supporters. After all the more characters he adds the more he has to pay to his artists for creating the new characters. An unless it draws in more support that will be a problem.

So in short it sounds like you just don't like the game. Which you have every right to dislike it. But just because the game doesn't meet your tastes doesn't mean that the dev is trying to milk/scam supporters.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
All I'm seeing is "I agree with pretty much everything you said, but you had an attitude so I won't stand by your side".
Keep on keeping on, brother.
So... your point is
"TL: DR - you agree on everything I say because I am right"
:FacePalm::FacePalm:
I could offer another long post of reason but you'll clearly ignore it and spin it around your head to fit your own narration again... if you haven't noticed thats typical troll behaviour again.

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
Imagine being such a fucking generic human to instantly try to reduce someone's credibility by calling them a "troll" simply because of differing views. I more or less see what caliber of discussion you can possibly wield.

As to the other dude, no, I have never developed a game. Shocking, right? No, it's not. It doesn't take a game developer to see that everyone here is milking their fanbase with watered down content simply because it doesn't take much work.
Siren is the king of a let down. The gameplay in his games can be quite fun admittedly, but everything else follows the same template. Meet a girl -> get a kiss -> get a handjob/boobjob -> blowjob -> actual sex. That's it, there's hardly ever anything more. You're lucky to get a different costume on halloween and christmas and a new scene. Then, after some time has passed, it's time to "remake existing scenes" cause all of a sudden the creator had something else in mind. It's only one way to prolong the milking.

But in reality, it's not the dev's fault. It's your people's fault for throwing money before you actually see any work done and for being satisfied with minimal effort put in.
If I were to make a game, I'd do the same.
While I do agree with some bits of this, Siren is one of the very few devs that actually finishes a game. Sure it'd be nice to have a proper base building post apocalyptic zombie survival horror game with titties and ass and loads of sex, but you are probably never going to find that. What you will get is an abbreviated version of the above, with spend up corruption, (or none at all) that is enjoyable and has nice art. The game will keep updated until a new one is announced and then it will get the rare blue tag that says completed.

Siren is not the dev to go after for the dairy farming that a large amount of devs seem to do. Some of those devs might be perfectionists or on the spectrum, others complain they have hemorrhoids or kidney stones and some are flat out lazy and won't update stuff for 6 months to a year. There are literally loads of other games you could be playing right now, if this one is not your thing, why not play them instead?

BackRunner

Jun 19, 2017
Ooh... Ouch.... Aaah... The pain of being called a generic human.
Oh poor me getting a generic slander to my character.
I now have PTSD.

Sep 22, 2019
I definitely agree that Siren's games don't suit the tastes of the fans of AZL and that's probably why people are upset over it, but it is siren's game and you don't have to play. For sure, there are devs who would love to supply this sort of thing that AZL and Urban demons did, but a lot of those devs end up ditching the projects because there isn't money in the projects for it. Siren's games are more streamline, and suit a broadened audience. If there was good money for the incest and shota market, then other devs would flock to it.

3.40 star(s) 21 Votes