• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM Zombie's Retreat 2: Gridlocked [v0.18.1 Beta] [Siren's Domain]

3.50 star(s) 20 Votes

Manifold

Jan 14, 2018
I got spoiled by playing ZR1 when it was in late production. I know ZR2 is gunna be a banger, but I'm trying to hold off so I can get really invested in the game.
Fully agree, playing a game update by update kills it for me after a few updates, I just get bored and disappointed.

Reactions: dream8161

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
From Siren's patreon.

Update in 2(?) Days!

Hey everyone!

Quick little update- the next update for Zombie's Retreat 2 should be releasing in roughly 2 days!

I say roughly because while things are wrapping up, sometimes an extra day or two is needed to make all of the finishing tweaks. I'm going to try my best to avoid needing to do that. I can say confidently the build won't be getting significantly delayed though!

So as for when the build releases exactly? Stay tuned on twitter/discord or just keep your eyes peeled this weekend. And then once the build is out for $5+ Patrons, the Public release will be about 4 days later as usual!

Hope you all are looking forward to this update! A lot of the mechanics of the game are really starting to shape up now which I'm very happy to see! See you all soon with the update!

Also- I'll talk about this soon after the update drops but the next update will begin furthering the story so that'll start happening soon as well!

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
From Sirens patreon.

Stacy1.png

Update Tomorrow! || Pause on Stacy's Story

Hey everyone!

Got a few details to share about Beta 0.3! Mostly good news but one planned piece of content won't be getting completed just yet.

== Beta 0.3 Release ==

For the most part, everything planned for Beta 0.3 is still happening and I'm happy to announce the release date for $5+ ZR2 Patrons is tomorrow, July 23rd (July 24th for some based on timezones)

Jenny is getting some early story content that serves as the main 'focus' for this build. Additionally, 2 new women are able to be rescued, 3 new tools are craftable, and The Grid is getting 3 (kinda 4?) new constructions to build!

However, while Stacy, one of the new characters in Beta 0.3, has a new animated NSFW scene, I've decided to pause her early questline which I'll explain below if you're interested-

== Stacy & Diner Facility ==

Stacy is the first facility owner in ZR2 which means she'll operate her own building in The Grid: in this case, a diner.

The purpose of her diner is to provide a place to receive temporary and possibly permanent stat boosts (milkshakes) and occasionally find other residents enjoying a refreshing shake but these features of the facility aren't planned until a future update.

Originally, Stacy was going to have a pretty standard questline like the other women but I realized, not integrating her quests WITH the facility's offerings seems like a wasted opportunity and unfitting for her story.

Rather than cram in a generic start to her content, I'm going to wait until I have enough proper time to get the diner's mechanics up & running first. Then I can build Stacy's questline on top of the diner's features. Beta 0.4 is when I hope to have this feature figured out & implemented.

However, since I've already teased Stacy's new scene, I'm still going to include the animation in this update! So if you want to see it, you can. But, if you want to wait until the context of the scene adds up (with dialogue) then you can wait as it's optional currently.

Hopefully I explained everything clearly. Stacy's planned content in 0.3 was pretty minimal so the bulk of the update is still continuing as planned!

=====

(Weird image crop is because I can't post NSFW pics on public posts and Stacy's design is a bit much)

After 4 long months, I'm more than ready to get this build out to everyone!

Thank you all so much for your support and I will see you tomorrow with the $5+ Patron release of Beta 0.3!

=====

To be more specific about what will be in this update.

- Jenny's early storyline (+2 animated scenes)
- 2 recruitable women
- 3 craftable tools with new uses
- 4 new objects/buildings to construct in The Grid
- 2 larger map areas + some smaller buildings now accessible
- early teaser of Stacy's scene (no quest content for her just yet)

Mr.Hide

Oct 23, 2018
Patience is the heart of men.
Even the king of the jungle will wait until the right time to strike.

JoyBoii

May 28, 2017

That's right,you lads have waited long enough go fap away.

=====

Finally. After what felt like ages, the new update is ready to share! I can't thank you all enough for your patience and understanding. I hope this new update is worth the wait!

Jenny's story- I'm curious how people think of the take I went with on the early part of her story. With ZR2, I want the dialogue to feel a little more real & meaningful so hopefully the emotions that Jenny struggles with show up a little bit here. It's tricky trying to establish characters & backgrounds while still keeping things a bit more brief. Hopefully I did an okay job with that in this case.

As far as new features & maps go, there's a good chunk of new areas to explore here. Most of the new areas are set up to be expanded upon later as well. The park for instance is pretty small but my plan is to add a whole section that'll likely be a mini-dungeon essentially. I recommend checking out the changelog (included with the PC download) if you want to find all of the new content right away.

I know Stacy fans will probably wish to see a bit more content for her. I was hoping to get that early start but if you missed my last post, I need more time to focus on the facility itself and then her story can be intertwined with the diner. But, this update really shows off what The Grid is meant to do and the ability to place buildings down is now figured out!

In the future, I'm working heavily towards preventing the need to wait 4 months for another update. The NSFW content, the main roadblock causing the delay is something that is already well under way for Beta 0.4!

=====

That's everything for this update! As usual, if you find any glitches or bugs, be sure to report them to me over on the Discord channel.

With this update, there's a lot of small new details so these are the types of things I tend to miss or forget about. If you find anything off (aside from some unfinished details) let me know and I'll fix those this weekend!

Thank you all so much for your patience and support! I hope you enjoy!

zeoabyss23

Jul 29, 2017
Mega

That's right,you lads have waited long enough go fap away.

=====

Finally. After what felt like ages, the new update is ready to share! I can't thank you all enough for your patience and understanding. I hope this new update is worth the wait!

Jenny's story- I'm curious how people think of the take I went with on the early part of her story. With ZR2, I want the dialogue to feel a little more real & meaningful so hopefully the emotions that Jenny struggles with show up a little bit here. It's tricky trying to establish characters & backgrounds while still keeping things a bit more brief. Hopefully I did an okay job with that in this case.

As far as new features & maps go, there's a good chunk of new areas to explore here. Most of the new areas are set up to be expanded upon later as well. The park for instance is pretty small but my plan is to add a whole section that'll likely be a mini-dungeon essentially. I recommend checking out the changelog (included with the PC download) if you want to find all of the new content right away.

I know Stacy fans will probably wish to see a bit more content for her. I was hoping to get that early start but if you missed my last post, I need more time to focus on the facility itself and then her story can be intertwined with the diner. But, this update really shows off what The Grid is meant to do and the ability to place buildings down is now figured out!

In the future, I'm working heavily towards preventing the need to wait 4 months for another update. The NSFW content, the main roadblock causing the delay is something that is already well under way for Beta 0.4!

=====

That's everything for this update! As usual, if you find any glitches or bugs, be sure to report them to me over on the Discord channel.

With this update, there's a lot of small new details so these are the types of things I tend to miss or forget about. If you find anything off (aside from some unfinished details) let me know and I'll fix those this weekend!

Thank you all so much for your patience and support! I hope you enjoy!
Thank you cap'n!!

Fringgs

Oct 14, 2018
Hopefully this wont end up like the last one, where the content suddenly were more focused on the mother/step-mom

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Hopefully this wont end up like the last one, where the content suddenly were more focused on the mother/step-mom
wat.... the last one had content spread out... near the end it was the side characters that were getting updates cause the scenes for the others were finished. with the odd threesome here or there. wasn't solely on the mom.

In fact outside the threesomes and halloween/christmas events, she hadn't had a new solo scene for ages (which is also true for the sis and aunt I beleive).

3.50 star(s) 20 Votes