マッド

Jul 24, 2017
Game is pretty fun and straight forward.

Here are some tips I found useful in the beginning.

It's best to work on the garden as soon as possible if not you'll start getting food issues once you have more members. I'm not sure how the water thing works. I think it just randomly generates water when it rains? Either way I haven't had issues with water. You also don't get a announcement unlike with the garden. Items are randomly generated when you loot so if you don't get what you want you can always try to reload a save. I managed to get enough food and water on my first scavenging session with Leslie so I only had to party with her once. I spent the majority of the game with Caroline and Rachel. Caroline gives a wood bonus which you'll need a lot of in this game. I've always had wood issues for some reason. You'll need a lot of wood. The ax is a pretty good investment you have logs in the game that you can harvest wood from. Too bad I found this out pretty late in the game. It cost 1 wood and metal scrap to make, but you get a total of 5 wood out of it before it breaks. Also if you are ever injured Caroline will give you some free healing :sneaky: when you return to base.

Rachel gives you a bonus chance to get metal scrap or bullets. She usually gives me bullets. Its thanks to her that I never needed to craft any bullets. The handgun is going to be your go to weapon throughout the entire game. My advice is to clear out the zombies in the buildings where you scavenge from because they don't normally respawn. As you progress throughout the game you'll face the annoying runner zombies. Unless you are good at dodging its a pretty good idea to kill them off as soon as possible.

The last thing I can think of are night berries. They really need to adjust how you get night berries. I think I found only 3 night berry bushes/grasses or whatever you call them. They are in the lake area its grass with some blue dots on them. In order to make a antidote you need 4 of them its pretty expensive. In Natasha's questline you fight flowers. If I remember correctly I think I got 1 or 2 night berries from there. The flowers aren't a permanent enemy though. The only other method is to trade fish with Jessie. Yes you can fish, there is a fishing spot near the lake you need a fishing rod though. To reach Jessie you need to make a antidote and use it on the plants blocking the way to her camp.

Can't wait for the Jessie scenes :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:.

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH okay, im sorry. I feel pretty stupid now.

Is it related to a save game?

Anyway, I don't think there is a way for that to work. At least to my knowledge in coding. The only way for that to work is to change it from the start, or the developer encoded an option to change the roles which goes something like "this is your last chance to change the roles" or "do you want to change the roles of the characters?" other than that, i dont think anything works unless the dev works on it. Kinda like asking for a save game from another member on a renpy engine. If you're only in for the content, then that's that. But if you want to progress through the story faster by borrowing a save, that's the only thing you'll get. You can't change the name since it's already encoded inside the save. The only way you'll be able to change it is through a new game.
I was wondering about all of this because of this being in the walkthrought:

== Cheat Rock ==
The cheat rock is finally available in Zombie's Retreat! The rock just south of the lodge, try interacting with it a few times to
bring up the cheat code input.
Current codes (caps sensitive):
ResetHer - Allows you to reset Leslie's name/roles
ResTutor - Reset's Rachel's naming
ResCouns - Reset's Caroline's naming
SirenSez - Does nothing

Reactions: sp0nge and tuShua

tuShua

Oct 29, 2017
I was wondering about all of this because of this being in the walkthrought:

== Cheat Rock ==
The cheat rock is finally available in Zombie's Retreat! The rock just south of the lodge, try interacting with it a few times to
bring up the cheat code input.
Current codes (caps sensitive):
ResetHer - Allows you to reset Leslie's name/roles
ResTutor - Reset's Rachel's naming
ResCouns - Reset's Caroline's naming
SirenSez - Does nothing
Oh, sorry, so this is what u meant. I haven't really tried them myself.

Is it the "ResetHer" code, the one that is not working?

The wolves

VALLEY OF THE WOLVES
Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
How do I make a hole in my room? I have metal and wood, but how can I make a saw?

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
Oh, sorry, so this is what u meant. I haven't really tried them myself.

Is it the "ResetHer" code, the one that is not working?
Haven't tried them myself either, especially since I haven't tried the game again yet (just checking threads in F95, but don't really have the time to play the game itself). Is says that "SirenSez" does nothing while some people say that it does do something. That's what I've been trying to find out, if anyone tried it of course

Worstlo

Jan 7, 2017
All Walkthroughs attached are outdated. The new one is avaliable at his Patreonsite. Could someone of the Moderators update it please ? :)

King Rahul

Jul 25, 2018
Can't progress with Caroline in the library. I mean there is no dialogue or anything with Caroline in the library.

pj13

Apr 22, 2018
Can't progress with Caroline in the library. I mean there is no dialogue or anything with Caroline in the library.
Do you have the quest" Desperate measures" ? If not talk to Caroline before you party up with her. Talking to her should activate the quest if you've done all the rest of her story.
Are you sure you're in the right place ? If you enter the library room with Caroline dialogue will pop up and then you'll have to search the bookcases for a secret entrance.

I know there was a potential bug if you entered the library before you got the quest but i'm pretty sure Siren fixed this.

Read the guide i posted and make sure you do what it says.

yunmaster

Aug 29, 2017
Is there anyone who uses Kaspersky?
When you unzip the Zombie's Retreat 7.3 file, Kaspersky diagnoses it as adware.
Why? :cry:

blarghhboy

Mar 28, 2018
How do you access the garden/water basin? I don't see anything outside to interact with. What am I missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

pj13

Apr 22, 2018
How do you access the garden/water basin? I don't see anything outside to interact with. What am I missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
You need to craft the garden and the water basin using the crafting bench in the basement.
After you've crafted it go outside the house and to the right side of the house you should see a circle you can interact with.
There you can build the garden. I think the water basin gets automatically built but if not then there should also be a circle right next to the side of the house.

Make sure you build the basic versions first.
You'll need the intermediate guide to be able to construct the intermediate versions and you'll also need to have constructed the basic versions before you can upgrade them to the inetrmediate level.

Once built the water basin will automatically give you water every morning.
The garden requires you to check it regularly. In the morning Leslie will be next to the garden outside. Talk to her and select status of the garden. she'll tell how the garden is doing. If it's just okay. Water it. This will cost you one water bottle.
You'll still get food from it if you don't check or water it but it will be less then when you make sure it's watered properly.

I think the garden gives you food every 3 days. The amount depends on if its basic or interemediate level and how well watered it was.

4.40 star(s) 117 Votes