5.00 star(s) 6 Votes
Feb 20, 2021
Seriously man, if 26regionSFM moved to Blender, all his works would evolve to the highest level of awesomeness. For example, i wonder what a thicker curvier version (like the GeneralButch version) of her would look like in this video...
like it would just that simple lol.
Also I'm personally glad he doesn't 'thicken' the girls even further. PMMSFM does that and it completely takes away from the size difference fantasy.

Reactions: qqslg

Balkazzaar

Nov 12, 2019
To all people, commenting on the downsides of 26regionsfm of moving to blender, i understand you. I respect your preferences and reasons. To each his/her own. You don't want him to change and just keep things the same.

I may be the only one saying this, but i will still stand by my statement that, even though the move to Blender will be tough, tedious and time consuming, if done correctly and done well, the end result will be much better than SFM. I am and have always been a big fan of his work. There are many artists who do amazing work in blender that i can state as proof. I am sure you do as well. And as for the women, i prefer them a bit more thicker and juicier. That does not mean i hate 26RegionSFM version of women. The biggest gripe i have with SFM has always been the way 3d women look. Big boobs and butt on stick thin (thin arms and legs) figure frame bodies instead of proportioned bodies. But in the end, as i said, to each his/her own.

If you want high quality work, a pure 3d animation software like Blender will always be superior to SFM, but if you want fast, not so high quality work SFM will do. May be things have changed and improved now for SFM, i dont know. But SFM's shelf life is not going to be long. Blender is the future.

Last edited:

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
The debate over an artist switching engines is a long one, with many benefits and downsides. Changing your toolset is a switch, and not one I'd recommend artists do completely. They should ease into it, not just jump altogether. But there is a substantial upgrade to be made from leaving SFM. It's given us great content for sure, but only because the artists have had to work reaaaally hard to work around the program's frankly ancient ways. Valve doesn't seem all that interested in fixing its potholes, so I don't think artists should have to suffer through it. It's a starting point for sure, but much like Internet Explorer/Edge, its basically there for you to learn, then move on to something better.

Reactions: Balkazzaar

Subaru 678

Jun 8, 2021
I don't see this working out about the duration of his films and he would take much longer to do any project, he should continue right there sfm

Subaru 678

Jun 8, 2021
He made a very simple animation that doesn't require much effort, he even used a repeated voice, and I don't see a problem

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes