leg28

Aug 15, 2018
1. Partial solution (port 2 Ren'Py) just some posts above.
2. Probably solved by now, but need to check on my rig :coffee:
*. USA left lots of Humvees for Taliban, so why Iran's capital can't have
some old cars? - do you expect people riding solely on donkeys there? :KEK:
actually iran had nothing to do with talibans. just opposite. iran is shia islam, while talibans are extreme version of sunni, so (before usa/un/nato intervention) talibans were killing or mollesting shia muslims. and iran supported opposition. i'm not sure during all these years after invasion did iranians support talibans against "the devil". most likely not. only recently these new talibans made some efforts to fix relations
and, second, usa left military vehicles which surely weren't having ny plates or plate holders. cars in games are new, civilian, some are suvs, some looks like range rovers which definitely are not military, even in british army. no hammers at all in game

Umariel

Jan 21, 2019
I'm actually aware ~ differences between shia/sunni; christianity has its own East-West division circa 1054,
there's also judaism vs samaritanism, buddhism has a couple of it's own branches (take any major religion).
Semi-covert taliban support from iranian authorities was a thing at least around 2015-16 due to ISIS issues.

leg28

Aug 15, 2018
I'm actually aware ~ differences between shia/sunni; christianity has its own East-West division circa 1054,
there's also judaism vs samaritanism, buddhism has a couple of it's own branches (take any major religion).
Semi-covert taliban support from iranian authorities was a thing at least around 2015-16 due to ISIS issues.
i was refering to iran-taliban coop against usa, not isis. yet however cars in game had nothing to do with afghanistan and it is hard to believe iranians got such cars from talibs. or their trade, if existed, was about luxury suvs. but if it was about toyota pickups, all sides have them

shaian

Apr 3, 2017
To add to this, Iran is different from many other muslim countries as prior to the Iranian Revolution (when the religious fanatics took over) in 1979 it was extremely westernized (see photo below for common dress then). So, many people in Iran grew up in a liberal society and ressent the current regime. Also, while I don't believe that this game reflects a "true story," I have had many iranian friends tell me there is an underground party scene there, not entirely unlike that depicted in the game. Also, just generally, mandatory hijabs is a weird issue, as no where in the Quran does it indicate that women have to where them. So, while many women continue to wear hijabs after leaving muslim countries, many do not, and in my experience, I don't think I've ever met an iranian woman who has wore their hijab when given the choice.

View attachment 1444297
Although I agree with the majority of what you've said, there are a few things I'd like to add to clarify the points you mentioned. The tradition of veiling hair in Persian culture dates back to pre-Islamic times, but it was outlawed by Reza Shah's government in 1936 because hijab was deemed incompatible with modernisation, inspired by Ataturk's liberalization of Turkey, and he decreed "unveiling act". Women who donned the veil were often arrested and forced to remove the veil by the authorities. These rules infuriated Shi'a clergy, who considered going out in public without a cover to be equivalent to being naked. Although, after some time in 1941, the mandatory part of the policy of unveiling was dropped. Many years later, As you have noted, the Iranian Revolution in 1979 completely changed the status, rendering hijab mandatory.

The issue regarding Hijab and the Quran is that while the Quran commands both Muslim men and women to dress modestly, there is dispute about how these commands should be understood. In the verses about clothing, the phrases khimar (veil) and jilbab (dress or cloak) are used instead of Hijab. About a half-dozen of ~6000 verses in Quran are about how a lady should dress or walk in public. Surah 24:31, which tells women to conceal their private parts and draw their khimar over their breasts, is the clearest scripture on the obligation of modest dress. This style of modest dress is defined by some Islamic legal systems as covering everything except the face and hands up to the wrists. These regulations could be found in hadith (sayings of prophet) and fiqh (human understanding of the Islamic law) texts written nearly 100 years after the Qur'an was revealed due to Hadith Ban (was a ban on citation and the writing of hadiths from the Prophet, after his passing). As a result, some argue that the Qur'an does not require women to wear the Hijab prescribed by these legal systems, and believe there are many fabrications in hadiths, which I believe has become more prevalent in Iran especially among younger practioners than other muslim countries. Of course, not everyone born in a country should be forced to practice the official religion; this is illogical and violates human freedom and values, which explains the high rate of Iranian immigration among other things.

So, yes, Islam, like any other ideology or religion, is fraught with strife, even over minor inconsistencies in understanding the source text, and many powers having their own betting horse in the game isn't helping the issue.

In terms of automobiles, Iran has two domestic automakers, Saipa and Irankhodro, whose products cover nearly the entire market. The cars in the game are mostly generic assets found all over the internet, rather than being local ones. Imported vehicles are subject to high customs rates.

DoofusMan

Jun 25, 2019
Although I agree with the majority of what you've said, there are a few things I'd like to add to clarify the points you mentioned. The tradition of veiling hair in Persian culture dates back to pre-Islamic times, but it was outlawed by Reza Shah's government in 1936 because hijab was deemed incompatible with modernisation, inspired by Ataturk's liberalization of Turkey, and he decreed "unveiling act". Women who donned the veil were often arrested and forced to remove the veil by the authorities. These rules infuriated Shi'a clergy, who considered going out in public without a cover to be equivalent to being naked. Although, after some time in 1941, the mandatory part of the policy of unveiling was dropped. Many years later, As you have noted, the Iranian Revolution in 1979 completely changed the status, rendering hijab mandatory.

The issue regarding Hijab and the Quran is that while the Quran commands both Muslim men and women to dress modestly, there is dispute about how these commands should be understood. In the verses about clothing, the phrases khimar (veil) and jilbab (dress or cloak) are used instead of Hijab. About a half-dozen of ~6000 verses in Quran are about how a lady should dress or walk in public. Surah 24:31, which tells women to conceal their private parts and draw their khimar over their breasts, is the clearest scripture on the obligation of modest dress. This style of modest dress is defined by some Islamic legal systems as covering everything except the face and hands up to the wrists. These regulations could be found in hadith (sayings of prophet) and fiqh (human understanding of the Islamic law) texts written nearly 100 years after the Qur'an was revealed due to Hadith Ban (was a ban on citation and the writing of hadiths from the Prophet, after his passing). As a result, some argue that the Qur'an does not require women to wear the Hijab prescribed by these legal systems, and believe there are many fabrications in hadiths, which I believe has become more prevalent in Iran especially among younger practioners than other muslim countries. Of course, not everyone born in a country should be forced to practice the official religion; this is illogical and violates human freedom and values, which explains the high rate of Iranian immigration among other things.

So, yes, Islam, like any other ideology or religion, is fraught with strife, even over minor inconsistencies in understanding the source text, and many powers having their own betting horse in the game isn't helping the issue.

In terms of automobiles, Iran has two domestic automakers, Saipa and Irankhodro, whose products cover nearly the entire market. The cars in the game are mostly generic assets found all over the internet, rather than being local ones. Imported vehicles are subject to high customs rates.
That was super educative! Thank you for taking the time to share that knowledge with us! ^^

Reactions: shaian

pimel

Dec 18, 2018
Monia Patreon post :cool:

1.png

V0.4 details (part 1)
Hello everyone and thank you for your constant support :)
Today, I’m very happy that so far, I’ve been able to depict three versions of the story that I always had in mind and lived in, in the form of a visual novel, with all the limitations and problems that I faced.
Now, I can tell you that in these 3 versions, according to the arrangements that I’d made, I’ve been able to establish the introduction of this story well, and you are somewhat familiar with the main character of the story, the atmosphere of Iran and the beliefs and personality differences of the characters.
In the fourth version, the main story begins and you will understand why Mahsa will be challenged for 4 years in Tehran.
I’ve prepared one of the pictures of the next version for you, I hope you enjoy it.
Link:

hapawaw662

Dec 5, 2020
can anyone send me the save of 0.3 I played last update on Gamcore.com (due to the lag also I am a linux user) and have lost my progress.

sibiloo

Jul 7, 2021
are you from Iran too dev? and weird part is, there is no elements in game which reminds you of Tehran. cars, streets, buildings nothing is like Tehran :D

Reactions: kainora

Renrut

Mar 6, 2020
Any walkthrough, I stuck in staring finding hijab
Everything you need to find is in that main first section of the uni. Look for three flashing red stars in the shape of a triangle. Every item you need to search for has this, that and purple circles for transition scenes.

Reactions: pimel
3.70 star(s) 44 Votes