Deleted member #2743735

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
Just played this for the first time after reading the thread. Based on older comments it looks like the dev did a really good job cleaning up the language. It's a little stilted but overall solid.

The typo that bugs me the most is that phone number, it's 867 not 876!

867 was the plan and I did type it in that way but I started to get concerned about copy write problems so at the last minute I change it. Good catch. I have buried a few items like this, someone has already mentioned the Scooby-Doo van transition.

Deleted member #2743735

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
Anyone else get a scooby-doo vibe every time that van scoots across the screen? :)

Anyways...like the story so far; bit of intrigue, but not liking the spelling and punctuation mistakes so much. So had some extra time on my hands today and corrected all that. I know I'm a little late to this game but here's the edited scripts if anyone wants them. Just unpack to the: 53XHomecoming-0.0.4-pc /game directory. Backup your old files or just overwrite, your choice.

:) the Scooby-Doo van transition is exactly what I was going for. Good catch.

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
Hi

Thank you!
You are welcome. Not all spell checker correct everything. ;) I may have to restart the game to see if there any additional minor correction needed.

I was a little surprise the game was short, however you stated you spent time making spelling corrections. With grammar, it takes some time to make the correction, since we are not perfect ;)

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
Hi

I was using a freeware product before and for some reason it was not working correctly. I took my text script, opened it in a version of Word on a friend’s laptop and saw how bad the errors were. I am familiar with Word since I have used it at places I have worked in the past. I am not familiar with the other products you mentioned and did not want to spend time learning something else. I prefer spending that time working on new renders for the story. I get there are many different choices, but I choose to go with the easiest and quickest option for me.
Well, pick what is best for you. I was offering other possible product if needed. Again freeware product may not be perfect, and it better than not having the product. I used some grammar software in past, but it does have some cost. I haven't found any that doesn't cost much at this moment.

ArcanusLK

May 10, 2020
F95 should include inseki or step-cest tag. This would let us know what kind of game it is without having to play before or read the comments.
The characters have no relation with the MC. This is not an incest game so far.

About the game: The dev has potential. The renders are good and the game has good development. About the story: I don't like step-family or adopted story, so when I realized that I stopped playing.

I wish Dev a lot of success, he has a lot of potential.

Reactions: waka97

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
Something annoyed me about this game last time I played it but for the life of me I can't remember.
Was it auto pullout or is the mc a beta?

wittnotyoyo

Jan 31, 2020
I think more he's a hardass who pretends to be a beta. ;)
I think if the dev changed just a few MC thoughts from seeming worried about the video or getting it deleted to remove the negative portrayal and put in a few lines like:

"perfect, she thinks she's in control"
"My Goddess, the more you behave this way the move I look forward to tightening the noose"

I'm not great at dialogue but I think some small changes could really change perception about the MC with regards to that situation and in general.

Not sure what to do about the bathroom scene when the MC gets knocked out.

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
Remember MC is a very young business man. He is new to his father's business and has to learn all the tools himself and possible what he had learn in school that he was sent to over the years without being home. There are so many business strategies, and there is no right or wrong way to process the business strategies.

I would be interesting to see how the developer planning out the story for MC. I would like to know if my thought is correct or incorrect. Since it a very early game, we will see how it goes after several major updates.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I have a feeling MC is acting like Beta to learn who he is dealing with and get to know other characters before MC becomes a Alpha. Remember MC was away from home for long time and was returning back when his father passed away on trip home.
An Alpha can't act beta. It's not in them to pretend like that. But, if you're right, I might revisit this game. But, as it is, I won't play this.

Reactions: LordSinner

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
An Alpha can't act beta. It's not in them to pretend like that. But, if you're right, I might revisit this game. But, as it is, I won't play this.
IF you look at it as a business prospective (what I see in this game), you want to learn your competitors strength and weakness. Once you find their weakness, you can attack it aggressively to be able to gain control of what you planning to do. Also with their strength, you would be able to overcome their strength by adapting it using their weakness.

Since this game is recently new, maybe you may want to wait for few major versions before trying it again. We do not know this developer's story layout. I have seen some games started really bad and later became a good game. I also seen other games that was really good and it went downhill. Other games goes like a roller coaster. Again, you state that you do not like how it goes, maybe you just need to wait a while. I have done that on few games that had hit some bad spots.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
IF you look at it as a business prospective (what I see in this game), you want to learn your competitors strength and weakness. Once you find their weakness, you can attack it aggressively to be able to gain control of what you planning to do. Also with their strength, you would be able to overcome their strength by adapting it using their weakness.

Since this game is recently new, maybe you may want to wait for few major versions before trying it again. We do not know this developer's story layout. I have seen some games started really bad and later became a good game. I also seen other games that was really good and it went downhill. Other games goes like a roller coaster. Again, you state that you do not like how it goes, maybe you just need to wait a while. I have done that on few games that had hit some bad spots.
I am a businessman and I don't play that I game. I establish who I am and what I'm about from the start. I want them to understand the fact that I'm the Alpha.

Anyway, you can see it anyway that you want.

Reactions: LordSinner

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
I am a businessman and I don't play that I game. I establish who I am and what I'm about from the start. I want them to understand the fact that I'm the Alpha.

Anyway, you can see it anyway that you want.
I respect your view and decision. There is no right and wrong way on the path you stand for.

In business world there are so many unknown. Nothing wrong starting as an Alpha to take full control. There will always be flaws in Alpha and Beta business world and will be caught in surprise.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Hi

Here is my view on updates from an earlier post...

As a game developer yourself, you understand the time and effort it takes.

I choose to deliver content on a regular basis, when a day or two is completed than take 5-6 months to complete a week of story.
Well first off, 5-6 months to complete a week when it takes 2 weeks to complete a day? You might want to check your math.

Secondly, when you compare to NTL's ToN, it's not a fair comparison because your formats are different. RPGM games allow for on map gameplay that fills the time with puzzles and tasks. Updates seem longer because there's busy work for the player to do between scenes. So when he has only between 4-7 scenes, it's still a 40 minute update with the time spent in between each one that manages to deliver story from the RPG perspective.

Ren'Py games, specifically ones that are story driven and not a Sandbox, are by nature needing story and context on a much more consistent level. Every time you release an update, you need to move your story forward enough with multiple characters that players feel as though something in the story was accomplished. That's not what happened in this update.

This may not be your full time job, and you may not spend all your free time on it, no one is asking you to. But if that's the case it's more reason why you shouldn't be shooting for 2 weeks as a time frame for releases. You can't try to put out fast content and have it be fulfilling if you aren't in a position to devote enough time to have an update people will actually feel was worth their time to play. For the future I'll be skipping 4-5 updates from you knowing this.

All that said, and forgive me if it came off as harsh, I do enjoy this game and your writing. I wish you nothing but luck with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: botc76 and MadCore

Bearded_NoPants

Skin as brittle and thin as dry rice paper
Donor
Jan 12, 2020
F95 should include inseki or step-cest tag. This would let us know what kind of game it is without having to play before or read the comments.
The characters have no relation with the MC. This is not an incest game so far.

About the game: The dev has potential. The renders are good and the game has good development. About the story: I don't like step-family or adopted story, so when I realized that I stopped playing.

I wish Dev a lot of success, he has a lot of potential.
So I guess the shared blowjob and snowball between Jessica and her mom Wendy don't count. Or the fact that Liz and Sara are nudists and Liz has mentioned wanting to get it on with Sara? Two Oyakodon's are definitely on the horizon. And just because their not blood related does not mean its not incest. Honestly.

He's a beta wishing he was an Alpha.
POW POW, Shot fired!!
lol, give it time. People here are annoyed that Alex was getting the better of him. But now he's safe if Alex goes to Sara, Deleted the video and controls not only her laptop, but the money too. I have a feeling the Alpha will come out now.

I think if the dev changed just a few MC thoughts from seeming worried about the video or getting it deleted to remove the negative portrayal and put in a few lines like:

"perfect, she thinks she's in control"
"My Goddess, the more you behave this way the move I look forward to tightening the noose"

I'm not great at dialogue but I think some small changes could really change perception about the MC with regards to that situation and in general.

Not sure what to do about the bathroom scene when the MC gets knocked out.
Though I like the idea. It sound to petty and betaish...

3.30 star(s) 77 Votes