Slamjax

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2023
I say that because I really appreciate the diversity and the simple, fast, non-grindy mechanics!
Thanks, that's exactly what I was aiming for and I'm glad you noticed enough to say it.
When you play a fap game, nothing kills the momentum for a player more than grinding points to get to the next scene. I never want to do that in the games I make. I think it's lazy and the opposite of fun.

flwqo

Modder
Jun 6, 2021
8 Days with the Diva [v1.0.0] - Transparent Compression

This is a compression, compared to the automated compression by tools like UAGC which lowers quality.

In contrast, I've manually cleaned up unused files and done extensive testing to ensure that this compression is perceptually indistinguishable from the original. Unless you're pixel-peeping at 400% zoom you'll not notice any difference in image quality.

Technical details
I removed all unused, cached and compiled Renpy files. All sounds and images were manually compared and parsed to the entire script to remove unused files. There were many leftovers from the development of the game. They were then converted to the most efficient file formats Renpy currently supports for best quality/size.

Sounds were converted to 128k bitrate opus.
Images were put through extensive testing with varying levels of quality and compared so as to be indistinguishable from the original. I was conservative, choosing quality over lower size.
They were converted to cq-level 8, 4:4:4, 10-bit , at best possible efficiency (speed 0, jobs(threads) 1).

Finally, the script were changed in necessary places to facilitate the converted media. I've gone to great lengths to make as little changes as possible and make it compatible with my walkthough/gallery mod. You should be able to apply those on top of this compressed version.

Please report any problems. I've tested it, but things could have slipped through the cracks.

Summary
Game v1.0 is 898MB.
This compressed version is 382MB, at no perceived quality loss.

- - -

Last edited:

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
8DaysWithTheDiva-1.1.0
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
Want to join the team? Read more here!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Lerd0

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Reactions: Sir Weshmish

Lupin the 3rd

Sep 21, 2019
are the links safe from the current malware attack? The Public Links on Patreon and Subscribe Star are down.

Feb 7, 2022
8 Days with the Diva [v1.0.0] - Transparent Compression

This is a compression, compared to the automated compression by tools like UAGC which lowers quality.

In contrast, I've manually cleaned up unused files and done extensive testing to ensure that this compression is perceptually indistinguishable from the original. Unless you're pixel-peeping at 400% zoom you'll not notice any difference in image quality.

Technical details
I removed all unused, cached and compiled Renpy files. All sounds and images were manually compared and parsed to the entire script to remove unused files. There were many leftovers from the development of the game. They were then converted to the most efficient file formats Renpy currently supports for best quality/size.

Sounds were converted to 128k bitrate opus.
Images were put through extensive testing with varying levels of quality and compared so as to be indistinguishable from the original. I was conservative, choosing quality over lower size.
They were converted to cq-level 8, 4:4:4, 10-bit , at best possible efficiency (speed 0, jobs(threads) 1).

Finally, the script were changed in necessary places to facilitate the converted media. I've gone to great lengths to make as little changes as possible and make it compatible with my walkthough/gallery mod. You should be able to apply those on top of this compressed version.

Please report any problems. I've tested it, but things could have slipped through the cracks.

Summary
Game v1.0 is 898MB.
This compressed version is 382MB, at no perceived quality loss.

MEGA - pixeldrain - workupload -
Is your Mod compatible with this compression?

flwqo

Modder
Jun 6, 2021
Last edited:

flwqo

Modder
Jun 6, 2021
8 Days with the Diva [v1.1.0] - Transparently Compressed

Updated visually lossless version. For details, see here.

PC [383 MB]
- - -
Mac [378 MB] (Untested)
- - -
Android [406 MB]
- - -

8 Days with the Diva [v1.1.0] - Compressed

Visually lossy, but greatly reduced size.

PC [115 MB]
- - -
Mac [111 MB] (Untested)
- - -
Android [138 MB]
- - -

Last edited:

flwqo

Modder
Jun 6, 2021
Do I have to manually finish all the endings to unlock them? walkthough mod works just fine but the gallery doesn't
Yes. As per visual novel convention, you need to view an ending before you unlock it.
You shouldn't need the gallery mod though unless you want the simpler UI from it, since v1.1.0 of the game included one from the dev.
But please ask mod questions in the mod thread.

Last edited:

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
8 Days with the Diva [v1.1.0] - Transparent Compression

Updated visually lossless version. For details, see here.

PC [383 MB]
Mac [378 MB] (Untested)
Android [407 MB] (Untested)

8 Days with the Diva [v1.1.0] - Compression

Visually lossy, but greatly reduced size.

PC [115 MB]
Mac [111 MB] (Untested)
Android [138 MB] (Untested)
The keyword is compressed, not compression.
Since the links for compressed versions were no longer maintained in op by mods, search has become the way to go about it.
It's necessary to maintain a consistent/uniform standard keyword to easily get compressed versions through the search function
Compressed seems to have won as the keyword used by most compressors.
Use the keyword alongside the game name & version to make it easier for ppl to find it.
See here:
1001179620.jpg Your earlier post looks like an discussion while your this post is not even showing up.
Try to emulate the other compressors to maintain an uniform method of getting the compressed versions without having to manually search the thread, or bother ppl by asking "Where's the compressed version?" (Which ppl do despite there being an easy way to find compressed posts)

Thanks for the compresions & also the 2 options.
Manual compression sounds interesting, but also like a lot of work. o_O (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: flwqo

MalkavianVamp

Formerly 'Jonte555'
Feb 22, 2023
The keyword is compressed, not compression.
Since the links for compressed versions were no longer maintained in op by mods, search has become the way to go about it.
It's necessary to maintain a consistent keyword to easily get compressed versions through the search function
Compressed seems to have won as the keyword used by most compressors.
Use the keyword alongside the game name & version to make it easier for ppl to find it.
See here:
View attachment 3728608 Your earlier post looks like an discussion while your this post is not even showing up.
Try to emulate the other compressors to maintain an uniform method of getting the compressed versions without having to manually search the thread, or bother ppl by asking "Where's the compressed version?" (Which ppl do despite there being an easy way to find compressed posts)

Thanks for the compresions & also the 2 options.
Manual compression sounds interesting, but also like a lot of work. o_O (y)
Can you do for the other game Stellar incognito android version is not compressed, thanks

4.70 star(s) 7 Votes