Ren'Py Abandoned A Better Tomorrow [v0.40 Part 2] [Gecko]

3.20 star(s) 14 Votes

Cilival

Feb 25, 2018
nice outfits and charachters, also sounds like ur writings works well i'm laughing wich is a good thing keep it comming ;)(y)

Reactions: Gecko_

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
There's a slight problem when you wake up after sleeping with Jenny: the game freezes each time with black screen and the phrase "Flower... a plant!" :unsure:
Same problem here. :( Came to see if it was reported and if an easy fix was available.

Gecko_

"Project x"
Donor
Game Developer
May 30, 2017
It looks like the flower bug it's not a bug at all, it's because an old save file was used on the new patch/part two...
Got the same error using the provided save file by Charlie Simmon, however, the variables are all over the place.
To make it clear, the save file I've provided (front page) is for version 0.24.9, you must start a new game in patch 0.35 (part two), do not use old save files. Part two has a separate intro and new content, thus removing much of the old code.
To be specific these variables shouldn't even show in part 2.

1.jpg

Reactions: viclog1

hoborg

Jul 8, 2017
Well crap, I already loaded up that save in the hopes that was a fix.
Guess not.
Just played part 1, not gonna do it again just to progress.
I'll wait for a later version.
Maybe delete that save file from the OP and make a not somewhere there would be my suggestion.

• Angry
Reactions: Joeburqa

Gecko_

"Project x"
Donor
Game Developer
May 30, 2017
What!? patch 0.35 (Part2) is separated from 0.24.9 (part 1) it continues the story where it left off... why would you even load an old save file.

hoborg

Jul 8, 2017
What!? patch 0.35 (Part2) is separated from 0.24.9 (part 1) it continues the story where it left off... why would you even load an old save file.
Well with many games here, when you are continuing a game with a new part and the save file is there and loadable, then thats what you do.
If you wanted it to be a completely separate instance then why is the old save file even accessible?
It seemed to continue the story up until it locks up at the Flower... a plant! part.

• Angry
Reactions: Joeburqa

Gecko_

"Project x"
Donor
Game Developer
May 30, 2017
You're correct I should've blocked the player using old save files. But, hey now I know that Part 2 is bug-free and the worst that happened is this...

SunBroski

Sep 24, 2017
The Sound from the Photo enhancement machine from Blade Runner made me smile like a dork.... i am a huge blade runner nerd. i award you all my gummy points. also the music from 2049, sweet.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Gecko_

Joeburqa

Aug 4, 2019
Well crap, I already loaded up that save in the hopes that was a fix.
Guess not.
Just played part 1, not gonna do it again just to progress.
I'll wait for a later version.
Maybe delete that save file from the OP and make a not somewhere there would be my suggestion.
the save file is so that people can play the end content from part 1 maybe? or view unlocked scenes or something? and part 2 is standalone? as in, you don't need a save file, you simply open the game and start playing? so, you don't need to replay part 1 to progress through part 2, since they are coded entirely different? it even alludes to this in the most recent changelog? I guess it could have been a little more specific, but it took me all of 4.2 seconds to understand what the dev meant, and if you were confused, maybe check the forums posts? there is a search feature?

I don't know, asking for things to be removed because you were confused as to how things work seems silly to me. not understanding it again when the developer responded specifically saying that part 2 is separate, start a new game because it has a different intro and content, seems more silly. the only thing he could have added was the exact reasons why he left a save file for the first part, but since I came up with 2 reasons off the top of my head and im a random nobody, and since you know if it isn't there people will ask for the save file anyways, it also seems silly to require this level of explanation from the developer. so here I am doing it for him. and I feel silly having to explain something so obvious.

anyways, good day, sir.

KenneX

Apr 21, 2019
Can't get past "Jenny will visit in the morning if you sleep". She doesn't. After I went to her again early morning, the hints just disappeared and I still don't get the scene. Buggy mess of a game, even after starting a new game with the newest version.

amBest

Jul 18, 2017
I have such mixed feelings on this game, it's unreal. The first time I played it (0.20), I instantly fell in love with it. Incest is so commonplace on this site, but most of it is the same. Rapey teen rapes family. It's so nice to have a depraved insane mother who just wants her son to squeeze her tits. All the family play in almost plain sight. The trying to hide from the others, while still essentially having public sex. It was beautiful. And the first ... "half"?? ... was a VN which is the best way to make these games.

Let's be honest, there isn't a bunch of choice, and all the wandering around would be pointless.

THEN THE GAME BECOMES A FUCKING SANDBOX ALL OF THE SUDDEN. And a bad one at that. Fuck it, one of the worst. Moon logic to the max. Progress is totally halted because I didn't click on the window. A window that has exactly 1 event in the latter part of 10 hours of wandering about. I love this game, but the sandbox is trash-fire level.

Not to mention how awsome it starts, and how hardcore it backpedles into mediocrity.

1. Sis #1 is a total slut for your cock. Wants to do you at every oportunity. She is cool and stays cool through the entire game.
2. Mom jumps on your cock after one kiss. That's all it took for her to molest you. But then she keeps interupting herself from actually going too far like 20 times. But after interrupting herself, or telling you to go away, she's back at it, mollesting the mc. She is skizofrenic. In part 2, it gets better only in the sense that one of the two routes becomes the only route. You had the possibilty in part 1 to go with a loving relationship. And by loving, I mean one where your mom constantly molests you. YES PLZ! But then in part 2, the hardcore, shove your cock down her throat till she chokes and calling her 'bitch' route is the only one. Don't get me wrong, 9/10 times that would be the one I'd chose. But I loved the horny son molesting mom :(
3. Your other sis starts off as a bitch. Stereotype, but one I love. Get the incest tsundere right and you have a patron for life out of me. Obv she wasn't done right. Loads of tsun, 0 dere. Though, 1 hour in the game, we go into bizaro world where she tongue duels you to pove a point, and lets you molest her in public. Then we go back to square -1 after that, where all elements of dere are wiped from existance. HOWEVER, you do get to slap her and essentially beat her up and she cums at the very thought of getting slapped by her bro. So that's an amaizng character right there. Too bad you have to go trough like 9 hours of shit to get there.

-------------------

So recap:

- Game starts of amazingly as a harem incest fuckfest VN
- Transitions into really shit-ass sandbox before the half way point.
- Characters have a ping pong effect. At one point they're X, at another they're -X (the opposite). Clusterfucky
- Part 2 fixes a lot of this issues, but it's still a sandbox

Ah, and what I forgot to mention, the dev is just not a good coder, at all. I've seen plenty of situions where:

If X do ...
If Y do ...
If Z do ...
no_fallback

and it's neither x, y, nor z.
Scenes not loading
A character goes from "stop it, we shouldn't do this!" to deepthroating your cock instantly, because some IF was written poorly.

I've had a situation where I couldn't get a scene with Sis #1, without doing scene with Sis #2. Problem is, scene at sis #2 is the scene after #1. They are in the wrong order. And other stuff.

I played the game with the code open, fixed a few issues, but I ain't no python / ren'py guy. Some I couldn't fix. Abandoned game 1 before completely finishing it and I have no regrets.

Will give part #2 a chance, but not today, I need a break. But I love the characters soooooo much. I'm sorry for the dev not having many patrons, but I'm just not sure I want to support him yet. He still has things to prove, IMHO.

cgehunter

Mar 3, 2018
Love the story and I am thrilled for the next update to come Cheers to the creator and the team behind this game.

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
this is an unofficial android port A Better Tomorrow [v0.35 Part 2] APK -

helix223

Apr 8, 2019
100% rage quit this game after the UI update in part one. Game went to absolute shit after that was laggy, had ridiculously vague hint's and added a bunch of the worst of the worst sandbox elements.

Gecko_

"Project x"
Donor
Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Yeah, same that's why I made part 2...
Also before I read any more of this "game used to be better earlier" you have no fucking clue. I mentioned earlier why I made part 2 and trust me I acknowledged it already, so before you post any cringe comment how this and that read this post.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lastly, I'm not making the game to everyone's taste, you don't have to like it. I'm not here to please your needs for half an hour so you can go shit on a game that is in development. I'm making it because I have fun and I promised something long time ago.
Even when I started making it, it was a sandbox...
Tragicomedies are so hard to make and even now I'm struggling to deliver "that feel". I need to balance everything, even one user mentioned that the tone is kinda changed. Try part 2 and give it a feedback if you care... if not, I'm cool you already proved my point.

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
Lastly, I'm not making the game to everyone's taste, you don't have to like it. I'm not here to please your needs for half an hour so you can go shit on a game that is in development. I'm making it because I have fun and I promised something long time ago.
Even when I started making it, it was a sandbox...
Tragicomedies are so hard to make and even now I'm struggling to deliver "that feel". I need to balance everything, even one user mentioned that the tone is kinda changed. Try part 2 and give it a feedback if you care... if not, I'm cool you already proved my point.
What! How dare you, your only purpose is to serve our entitled asses, not doing something you like! Now chop chop, remove sandbox, remove texts, and fill the game with sex scenes! Otherwise shit will rain on your game!

Didn't try the part 2 yet, but part 1 was enjoyable. Especially liked weird situations and your custom HS models even if the image quality was low. Start was a little off putting for me and the writing and humour gets too juvenile sometimes, but still it has its moments and was a fun and interesting sandbox gameplay with good teasing. Thanks and good luck.

3.20 star(s) 14 Votes