Ren'Py Abandoned A Big Family in Debt [v0.1.1] [DRincs]

3.20 star(s) 5 Votes

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
TO quote you "And it is also appreciated that you listen to the community."

I have pondered this so many times. As a player now and before I decided to go crazy and become a dev myself I have never really cared for a certain style of game I just wanted to bang the ladies as my MC. From sandbox to rpg to freeroam and Kinetic novel I am not really fussy about it.

If a girl had a bf or has one doesn't matter. All that matters is can I get the girl in the end to romance or fuck to be honest. I'm a simple man when it comes to playing a game.

Now to get to your comment. As a dev i have to admit if find it worrisome.
As players it's unfair for us to "dictate" (i use this work lightly) to devs how Harem should be, how romance should be, how NTR should be, how sidefucks should be for instance. If we as players (yes im speaking now as a player too) "dictate/expect" a dev to make a game exactly how other dev(s) made a game regarding a certain genre then there is no freedom for the devs at all. IF all developers are put into a box then there is no room for expansion or freedom to develop as they see fit.
Don't think Im blind to repetition in games. Trust me I do not want every game with a daddy and daughter to be like DmD. Use parts of the game design, yes, but make it different too.

If a dev comes up with a slightly new idea then I'm game to try it out for sure. It may not be my style but Im not going to "comment" saying I don't like it and try and change his or hers idea for the game.

Every cam-girl scenario is not the same or shouldn't be, every harem will not be the same as other harem games, every incest will also not be the same or shouldn't be as other games.

Long story short, I totally get the majority of the community have a vision of how they want VN's to be, but it's not always going to change a devs vision. Recently I adapted AE to fit certain parts of the game so more players will like it, but this is not something I intend to do every time something is not liked if i can give an example.

Also please I am not "going at you" here, I really found your comment interesting and wanted to share my continual thoughts on the above quote.

Thx for reading.
Don't worry. If a comment has valid arguments, I never take it personally. They are just different opinions and this is fine.

But maybe you're thinking about it more than you should. I understand that many people use that comment as a kind of reverse psychology: "Hey, I don't like something about your game, I think it doesn't make sense in the story. But it's your vision and I respect it. But it's good that you listen to the community. But it is your vision, but listen to the community. But be true to your principles, but also listen to the community. " :KEK:

In my case, it is not like that. That's why I never tire of making it clear that when I don't like something, it's my opinion. And sometimes it can even be annoying to be so insistent on that, but I do it precisely so that I am not misunderstood. I always try to be as clear as possible trying not to be imperative in my comments, but I also like to let the developer know that listening to the community (without second attempts) that this is greatly appreciated. For example, the issue of the NTR. Perhaps the most hated fetish on this site and in the end, the developer decided to stick with his vision and leave it, but making it optional.

(And personal comment to you, there are two times that you answer me in a good way and expressing your point of view and I appreciate it very much. I thank you)

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
It didn't bother me, but the only way to say I disagree without starting an argument.

This applies to other games as well: if a developer puts in the option to make NTR avoidable, they certainly aren't going to go over 50%. If you comment that 60% of the scenes will be avoidable, you are encouraging the other half not to play it. I don't agree with this, especially if it's a game that is still in its infancy and there are no ntr scenes yet.

I want to create a game that I like, that is: I love all the games where there are so many possibilities and full of tags, with a good plot and story. (No gay tag or similar, I couldn't even develop it). As a fan I hate it when developers give up a tag because a portion of supporters criticize it, especially that it has a plot that allows it.
I don't want to exceed 30% of scenes in a tag. And I will not insert the classic 2 tags for all girls, but I will decide the various possibilities only if they are good.
To avoid NTR, do you have to do it through options, or is it completely avoided if you choose the option of not having NTR at the beginning of the game (that is, it doesn't happen whatever you do)?

Does the game intend to be a harem (or at least have a harem ending), or can you only have one ending for each LI?

I3itchy

Apr 16, 2020
if someone explains how the translation website works i can help out with the German, but I sadly don't know how it works

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Ok I have to say this so I apologise now for it It's off topic and no reflection really on this game or the Dev.
This will probably be removed anyway and sorry if it seems like advertising but i'm a bit drunk so I have to say it.
Since it's not often you get two games that lend themself to a bad joke like this but here go's.:p

So Dev you call an absentee dad, a mom, three daughter's and the MC a big family Hu?.
Nope 23 Sister's, a terminaly i'll dad and one MC... Thats a big family :cool:.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: the_high_king

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
To avoid NTR, do you have to do it through options, or is it completely avoided if you choose the option of not having NTR at the beginning of the game (that is, it doesn't happen whatever you do)?

Does the game intend to be a harem (or at least have a harem ending), or can you only have one ending for each LI?
The dev said if u turn off ntr it will still happen in the background without you knowing, but only if you made a mistake.

EDIT: His post https://f95zone.to/threads/a-big-family-in-debt-v0-1-1-drincs.65435/post-5747771

Last edited:
Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

panaku

Sep 30, 2017
im not into NTR but just wanna know why many people are like good luck dev on this website?

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
The dev said if u turn off ntr it will still happen in the background without you knowing, but only if you made a mistake.
What is the use of turning off the NTR if it happens anyway? If it happens, I don't care not to see it, it bothers me the same whether I see it or not. And if it happens anyway but they don't even tell me it would annoy me much more. Honestly, I prefer to leave the NTR activated to know if it happens and thus load a previous game (I think I have already commented on this before)

I guess I'll wait to see if there is a guide that tells how to avoid NTR. If I don't know how to avoid all the NTR, the game isn't going to interest me for sure.

EDIT: Ok. The developer has answered the question, I edit the post with his answer to avoid misunderstandings:

Emmm... No, I didn't say that. I said it won't happen. because if you disable ntr you won't be able to choose to make a mistake.

Last edited:

ScottyLQ

Apr 28, 2017
It it even possible to get sent to an "institute" by your parents at age 19?

Black Ram oss

Black Ram
Game Developer
May 10, 2018

EDIT: His post https://f95zone.to/threads/a-big-family-in-debt-v0-1-1-drincs.65435/post-5747771
What is the use of turning off the NTR if it happens anyway? If it happens, I don't care not to see it, it bothers me the same whether I see it or not. And if it happens anyway but they don't even tell me it would annoy me much more. Honestly, I prefer to leave the NTR activated to know if it happens and thus load a previous game (I think I have already commented on this before)

I guess I'll wait to see if there is a guide that tells how to avoid NTR. If I don't know how to avoid all the NTR, the game isn't going to interest me for sure.
Thanks for pointing this out.

It kills any desire I have to play the game,
but still thanks for pointing it out.
Emmm... No, I didn't say that. I said it won't happen. because if you disable ntr you won't be able to choose to make a mistake.

Reactions: BlasKyau

Constix

Game Developer
Sep 3, 2017
WHEN I SEE THE IMAGES= LOOKS GOOD IT WILL BE HELL OF A journey
317a378564330bcf5671477e079f4fe8641ea5364691f9edf67878b7cf0a5409.gif

Then I SAW TAG NTR

6276c4c9da4e679c66106cfd6e3154ceeee017127b99ef746f35ff01c6bf5d35.jpg

= Sorry i took wrong journey BEGONE DEMON NTR I THROWN SALT ALREADY
MEANS AMMA HEAD OUT THANKS.....I QUIT THIS JOURNEY
zPBccWt.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Thanks for the reply.

I suppose then we will have misunderstood. In my case, English isn't my first language, so sometimes these things can happen.

I will edit my post with your answer to make it clear and that there are no more misunderstandings.

Reactions: Black Ram oss

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
Yeah, I misunderstood what you were saying. English is not your first language so you say things that seem a bit off. You should have said "turning ntr off means you won't be able to make mistakes" or "it will not happen if you turn it off."

The way you said it seems like "as long as you don't make a mistake it won't happen but if you make a mistake it won't show."

Reactions: Black Ram oss
May 4, 2021
Did you do the Portuguese translation of the game A Big Family In Debt?
and where do you place the translated files of the game?
I'm asking because when we go down the files we don’t say where or which folder we have to put.

3.20 star(s) 5 Votes