HTML A Dance With Rogues Reimagined [v0.1] [TrustyOldPatches]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
Thanks for the feedback!

About the money that the tailor ask for vs the beggar, I see it as the beggar asking for an outrageous amount, because he's really not expecting to get that money, but instead want to take adventage of the princess.

I tried to keep the gold thing simple, but indeed a bit of a rework might be in order.

And about the princess being more sassy with Trissa, I see it as a result of the situations that she is in. Back in the castle she's seeing all the world she knew dissapear, I don't think anyone would act sassy in that situation, vs Trissa giving her shit for some silly thing.

The 5 gold thing she doesn't have it from the start, I just initialized the variable at the start of the game because normally the player won't see that variable value.

Again, thanks for the feedback.
Seems there is a small error in the translation program. My own English is unfortunately not so good.
What I meant with the not selectable paths.
In the castle can act boldly. This could be the way not to let Trissa get stupid.
However, if she was the weak little princess in the castle, especially with regard to the threat of rape, MC should not be able to play the sexual card right away. In my opinion, she would not yet be so sure of her charms and options and would react rather cautiously and appeasingly against Trissa.

However, if she was brave and tried to defend herself as well as possible, she would have a stronger character that would not put up with everything from Trissa.

TrustyOldPatches

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
One very minor complaint: Vico doesn't look here like he is described in the mod, where he was more slim and dapper. This Vico is kinda pudgy.
Frankly, I have trouble designing male characters. I went for a dangerous look for Vico, but not sure if it got it right. Still, he's only in a few renders, so I still have time to change it. I may ask for help redesigning him for next patch.

Last edited:

allenjohn

Apr 12, 2018
I hope this isn't 100% faithful to the original. The bit with the dog when you're taken prisoner in act 1 always rubbed me the wrong way, in that it's a massive cocktease with zero payoff. I'd love to see it expanded on, if you catch my drift.

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
Got into a loop where I couldn't progress the story because I wasn't willing to go down on a beggar who already lied to me to maybe, if he keeps his word this time, get his clothes. I'd rather just use the weapon Chella gave me, and take the clothes by force. Dude got to see and fondle a fine set of boobs. He should count himself lucky if he were to just get threatened, or rapped in the head for reneging on the deal. Anyway, I quit the game at this point.
You are half right about the loop, but you would have had to try just one more answer to overcome it.

The loop occurs when MC shows the breasts and then lets himself be groped. After that it is no longer possible to resist and either you accept the BJ you end up with the other answers in a loop until you accept the BJ.

However, if you kneel down after the grope, you can then protest again, draw the dagger and avoid the BJ.
So basically you can use the dagger at all four times.
Before the show, after the show, after the grope, after the BJ.

Reactions: AnyName'llDo

Philjd

Jan 1, 2018
Loved the original game and Mod, DwR 2 also, shame that that was never updated the same as DwR1 was.
Looking forward to playing this and also future development.
You're a brave developer to take this on considering it's legacy :)

Last edited:

Riven

Aug 6, 2016
There is a small bug in tavern when you try to steal gold before your breast are exposed, afterwards you still get description as if you were half naked.

Overall very promising start looking forward to future updates.

I also think that some dialogue options chosen should make later dialogue impossible. If MC is still the angsty bunny in the castle, how can she already be a frivolous bitch a few days later that is verbally assertive with Trissa?
Because it's not a few days. l2Read.png

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
How to create authentic male persone in novell?
1) Big arms.
2) Hairy arms.
3) Agressive and strange behaviour.

Philjd

Jan 1, 2018
Hmm, so judging by the actual content, it's actually a pretty normal story that's been read umpteen times before.
A young, innocent girl is forced to use sex to make ends meet. Have fun with a hand in your pants, folks!
To be fair, if you are not familiar with the original, then given the progress of this to date, you could be forgiven for this assumption.
The original game was, probably, one of the first actual 'adult' game mods never mind being 'up there' in terms of quality, with a story much deeper than your summary, it's a survival and revenge story, with the adult elements being optional (even if they do add a lot of 'interest to' and responsible for a lot of the 'interest in' the mod).
So, bear with it and hopefully the author of this version can bring it fully to light.
AIGF

Reactions: Tiredpuff

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
To be fair, if you are not familiar with the original, then given the progress of this to date, you could be forgiven for this assumption.
The original game was, probably, one of the first actual 'adult' game mods never mind being 'up there' in terms of quality, with a story much deeper than your summary, it's a survival and revenge story, with the adult elements being optional (even if they do add a lot of 'interest to' and responsible for a lot of the 'interest in' the mod).
So, bear with it and hopefully the author of this version can bring it fully to light.
AIGF
I also played NWN, but back then I didn't improve my games with foreign language mods because I didn't know what I was actually doing. My mother tongue is German.
I actually only started using mods with Fallout 3. My own English was simply too bad to be able to play such a text-heavy game in English.

Now, years later, my English is a bit better in terms of reading to be able to try it, but I wouldn't be able to keep playing due to the extremely outdated graphics.
In the games on F95, most of the English is very simple, so I can get by with it as much as possible. And with most engines, if I can't translate it myself, I can easily mark it, copy it out and then have it translated online.

Reactions: Philjd

ZebCaff

Aug 19, 2019
Setting yourself a high bar, dev. ADWR is one of the greats. Good luck; I'll be following with much interest.

redwind21

Aug 16, 2017
It plays very well. It's off to a great start for an HTML game. Long live the Princess!

number482

Oct 16, 2018
I'd heard some scenes got cut and remember trying to find them in older versions of the mod. Apparently there was a scene with a dragon (in dragon form too) of all things. It'll be interesting to see which version(s) of events this game goes with.

EDIT: Oh, either the mod got updated much more recently than I thought or this game is taking it in a new direction, judging from how the first scenes now play out.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes