HTML A Dance With Rogues Reimagined [v0.1] [TrustyOldPatches]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
For now I'll center on this one. I'll see in the future.
That's good. I think that there's a lot of stuff that could be added to the first part of the story (like more about the Dhorn that semi-falls for her
Part 2 had some great moments but mostly seemed to devolve into a standard D&D dungeon crawl. The politics/romance/skullduggery of Part 1 was much more interesting. In fact, you probably can build a story arc that ends without her ever leaving the kingdom.

Last edited:
Reactions: LTD

LTD

Jul 30, 2017
Welp, this goes on the watch list at least for the nostalgia. I'll probably save it for when some the kinkier and at least less-consensual content is in, but godspeed! I look forward to that day.

TrustyOldPatches

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
Any relation to the original author or is this a fan remake?
Not relation. Tried contacting her but she never answered back. I went forward with it because the original module is described as open source, same as this game. Would love for her to get involved in the project, her modules are the reason why I got into adult gaming development. But it doesn't seem likely.

Still, it is not a remake. More of a reimagination, I plan to change a lot of things. I don't want people to view this game as a replacement to the modules.

Peccable

Dec 18, 2018
Loved it as a fan of the original and looking forward for more. Actually, I want this "more" right now, I guess it's a good sign.
A few things I'd like to point, though:
1. Loved the looks of the Princess, but in the original module her looks depended on her Constitution stat - 9 meant she was a skinny gentle girl, 12 - quite an ample young woman, 15 - huge tits and ass. I think you are not going to implement this system - too much work with different art variations.
2. I will join my voice to those who think that Vico should look less of a brute and more like James Bond. You changed that scene in the beginning from a rape to a rape attempt, and I think it is Ok, the Princess faced and will face enough trials in this game. Also, it makes Vico an utter villain as a character, and I don't really think that Valine completely managed to fix that.
3. Hope you will add more art, not only in the scenes, but also of the city of Betancuria etc.
4. So far I see some non-liner pattern in this game. Will there be more? Choices and their concequence were a really strong feature of ADWR.

P.S. I hope you know that a couple of years ago Valine published a new enhanced version of ADWR Part 1 with lots and changes and tweaks. Liked some of them, disliked some others.

Philjd

Jan 1, 2018
P.S. I hope you know that a couple of years ago Valine published a new enhanced version of ADWR Part 1 with lots and changes and tweaks. Liked some of them, disliked some others.
Do you have a link to valines updated version 'from a couple of years ago', unless a couple in this instance means about 15? (the Simon adventures inclusions plus others).
Thanks.

ZebCaff

Aug 19, 2019
Do you have a link to valines updated version 'from a couple of years ago', unless a couple in this instance means about 15? (the Simon adventures inclusions plus others).
Thanks.

habibo

Oct 6, 2016
This is beyond awesome, I can't tell you how happy this makes me. If you finish this and want to do another mod, there is the Gladiatrix one from Neverwinter as well. it was pretty good to.

alibaba34

Mar 11, 2018
SCR-20231103-ketx.png

Something wierd with the box widths. Character portrait takes up too much width and the text box is pushed to the right beyond the screen. I'm using a high res screen.

Also in the initial attribute point allocation screen, it took me way to long to figure out that I have to click on "name" to proceed and on the individual attribute to allocate points to it. I would suggest you make it clear what to do by using "next" buttons, and "+/-" buttons to adjust attributes.

TrustyOldPatches

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
View attachment 3056664

Something wierd with the box widths. Character portrait takes up too much width and the text box is pushed to the right beyond the screen. I'm using a high res screen.

Also in the initial attribute point allocation screen, it took me way to long to figure out that I have to click on "name" to proceed and on the individual attribute to allocate points to it. I would suggest you make it clear what to do by using "next" buttons, and "+/-" buttons to adjust attributes.
What resolution do you have? I tested at 4k and 1080p and it worked fine. Try with control+wheel mouse to zoom it out a bit.

TrustyOldPatches

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
Loved it as a fan of the original and looking forward for more. Actually, I want this "more" right now, I guess it's a good sign.
A few things I'd like to point, though:
1. Loved the looks of the Princess, but in the original module her looks depended on her Constitution stat - 9 meant she was a skinny gentle girl, 12 - quite an ample young woman, 15 - huge tits and ass. I think you are not going to implement this system - too much work with different art variations.
2. I will join my voice to those who think that Vico should look less of a brute and more like James Bond. You changed that scene in the beginning from a rape to a rape attempt, and I think it is Ok, the Princess faced and will face enough trials in this game. Also, it makes Vico an utter villain as a character, and I don't really think that Valine completely managed to fix that.
3. Hope you will add more art, not only in the scenes, but also of the city of Betancuria etc.
4. So far I see some non-liner pattern in this game. Will there be more? Choices and their concequence were a really strong feature of ADWR.

1. I knew about that system. But it is too complicated to implement while using renders.

2. I'll revise his looks, maybe I'll do a poll at patreon about his looks.

3. It is on my plan.

4. Of course.

Yeah i know. Hope Valine can update the second module too.

TrustyOldPatches

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
This is beyond awesome, I can't tell you how happy this makes me. If you finish this and want to do another mod, there is the Gladiatrix one from Neverwinter as well. it was pretty good to.
Played it some years ago. It was not ln ADWR level, but it was certainly good.

It seems to be open source, same as ADWR, what I might do, instead of adapting the whole thing, is get some ideas from it for this project. I remember loving the Minotaur part.

I enjoyed the Goblin's brides. Any chance you may animated the sex scenes?
I'll have to see who fast can I progress now that I have time to work on development at a normal rate again. If I go fast enought I might try my hand at it.

Reactions: KINGHIPPO

Sammie

Sep 8, 2017
This is the most exciting thing I've ever seen on this site. And I just discovered the 2020 update Valine did because of this thread. I need to figure out how to install NWN on my computer again

Philjd

Jan 1, 2018
Thank you, I have that version (linked earlier in the thread), but from what I have played through so far, it seems to have been rolled back in places. Also not sure that replacement of Valines textual descriptions with animated cut scenes improves the game.

TrustyOldPatches

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
Why not replicate as much as possible how he looked in the actual mod? Same with other named characters, saves you time?
I didn't liked his original look very much. I think it didn't matched his personality. He is shown as very very impulsive. He's drunk the first time you met him, despite being in a very dangerous place, and rapes the princess out of spite. A guy like that would not live a life that leads to being on top physical form as he's in the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZebCaff

TrustyOldPatches

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
erere.png

Posted this on patreon, but I wanted to get feedback here too.

Been working on Pia's design those past few days. For those of you that have not played the original, she's a very important character for the module, and one of the MC main love interest.

I know she was blond in the original, but with the princess being optionally blond, I wanted to add a little variaty to hair color.

So, what do you think? I appreciate any kind of feedback.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes