HTML A Dance With Rogues Reimagined [v0.1] [TrustyOldPatches]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

KINGHIPPO

Apr 25, 2020
Played it some years ago. It was not ln ADWR level, but it was certainly good.

It seems to be open source, same as ADWR, what I might do, instead of adapting the whole thing, is get some ideas from it for this project. I remember loving the Minotaur part.

I'll have to see who fast can I progress now that I have time to work on development at a normal rate again. If I go fast enought I might try my hand at it.
I don't intend for you to rush it, the Goblins Bride was very good and had a lot of erotic scenes. Would want it to be done well and to take your time! Thank you for responding!

Reactions: TrustyOldPatches

ZebCaff

Aug 19, 2019
I don't really mind the hair color change, but Pia's clothes definitely should be brighter and more colourful - after all, she is a bard, a troubadour!
Yes. I remember her in something approaching jester's motley (only sexy ofc).

XJ347

Sep 19, 2017
I am not sure this is for me. I guess I'm one of those book readers who says the book is better.

... How do you remove the opening rape scene and still call it a Dance with Rogues.

No seriously, that scene is there to destroy the image of being a princess. You aren't pure anymore, and there is no hope of being a princess. You are just a common girl now, no hope for being special. Giving up on that is what allows you to become a spy willing to fuck to get what she wants. This makes things complicated early on since you have to write each early sex scene twice. One if she is a virgin and one in which she isn't... Or are you just going to ignore that??? This is a minor thing but it creates a whole bag of worms.

Outside that, the writing is fine, it would be nice to have more images to pose the scenes. Have an image of Master Nathan when you talk to him and such. Image of the harbor when you travel there and such. The ambiance needs work in general. At least you have sounds, which is a nice touch.

I'll be honest, how are you going to have a game that has a ton of sexual abuse in it when you cut it out. If it was just that scene, then sure, but the game is full of it. I see trouble ahead, I hope I am wrong and I wish you luck Patches.

TrustyOldPatches

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
I am not sure this is for me. I guess I'm one of those book readers who says the book is better.

... How do you remove the opening rape scene and still call it a Dance with Rogues.

No seriously, that scene is there to destroy the image of being a princess. You aren't pure anymore, and there is no hope of being a princess. You are just a common girl now, no hope for being special. Giving up on that is what allows you to become a spy willing to fuck to get what she wants. This makes things complicated early on since you have to write each early sex scene twice. One if she is a virgin and one in which she isn't... Or are you just going to ignore that??? This is a minor thing but it creates a whole bag of worms.

Outside that, the writing is fine, it would be nice to have more images to pose the scenes. Have an image of Master Nathan when you talk to him and such. Image of the harbor when you travel there and such. The ambiance needs work in general. At least you have sounds, which is a nice touch.

I'll be honest, how are you going to have a game that has a ton of sexual abuse in it when you cut it out. If it was just that scene, then sure, but the game is full of it. I see trouble ahead, I hope I am wrong and I wish you luck Patches.
I always felt that the rape scene shouldn't have been there. What happened to the princess at the beginning was traumatic enough, rape on top of that? No one would recover mentally from it. I feel that telling a story with lots of sexual content about someone that should have a pretty big trauma associated with sex isn't the best approach possible.

Testing if she's a virgin or not in a scene and doing two separate pages for that isn't complicated at all.

About the renders, I plan to add a few more yeah.

Again. This is not meant to replace the modules. People should play them and if they want a reimagined version of it, they can play this.

Last edited:

TrustyOldPatches

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
I don't really mind the hair color change, but Pia's clothes definitely should be brighter and more colourful - after all, she is a bard, a troubadour!
You have a point. At least for her intro she should have more bardy clothes, I can change her into something less flashy when she's doing spy stuff.

Reactions: Peccable

darklove

Jan 9, 2018
hi, how can i play the original game? looked up via google and it's all confusing to me, and does the original game have sex scenes too?

TrustyOldPatches

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
hi, how can i play the original game? looked up via google and it's all confusing to me, and does the original game have sex scenes too?
You need to install Neverwinter night 1, and then install the module, the instruction should be in the module page I think.

The original module have sex yeah.

Reactions: darklove

Philjd

Jan 1, 2018
The original NWN was a very good game for it's day, graphics, of course, look dated these days, but the story and gameplay are first rate. Lots of modules made for it and also one of the first multiplayer online experiences with player build worlds and adventures to play (adult and otherwise) - lots of mods, varying quality, still available.
Steam still sell the original game, not sure about alternative vendors.

ZebCaff

Aug 19, 2019
The original NWN was a very good game for it's day, graphics, of course, look dated these days, but the story and gameplay are first rate. Lots of modules made for it and also one of the first multiplayer online experiences with player build worlds and adventures to play (adult and otherwise) - lots of mods, varying quality, still available.
Steam still sell the original game, not sure about alternative vendors.
GOG have the original (Diamond Edition) and Enhanced Edition of the game.

Reactions: Philjd

Comrade Anulnyat

Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I always felt that the rape scene shouldn't have been there. What happened to the princess at the beginning was traumatic enough, rape on top of that? No one would recover mentally from it. I feel that telling a story with lots of sexual content about someone that should have a pretty big trauma associated with sex isn't the best approach possible.

Testing if she's a virgin or not in a scene and doing two separate pages for that isn't complicated at all.

About the renders, I plan to add a few more yeah.

Again. This is not meant to replace the modules. People should play them and if they want a reimagined version of it, they can play this.
Hey, great start first of all.

Maybe I misunderstood the limited information I have gathered about original mod, but it seemed like there was partly a focus on unavoidable forced sexual interactions, which is... Most likely not their cup of tea for plenty of people.

Is it safe to assume, that your vision of the events is different and player will have a solid say in what happens to the protagonist in that regard?

TrustyOldPatches

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
Hey, great start first of all.

Maybe I misunderstood the limited information I have gathered about original mod, but it seemed like there was partly a focus on unavoidable forced sexual interactions, which is... Most likely not their cup of tea for plenty of people.

Is it safe to assume, that your vision of the events is different and player will have a solid say in what happens to the protagonist in that regard?
Yes. There was an unavoidable rape scene at the start of the module. I think after that everything was optional.

I plan to make everything optional. You'll be able to end the game with a virgin princess if you want.

Comrade Anulnyat

Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Yes. There was an unavoidable rape scene at the start of the module. I think after that everything was optional.

I plan to make everything optional. You'll be able to end the game with a virgin princess if you want.
Thanks for the reply, I'm glad to hear it. Looking forward to see what this game will look like.

Hope you succeed with your project and remember to not burnout and not take local a-holes too seriously.

Reactions: TrustyOldPatches

Peccable

Dec 18, 2018
One little request - show some love for poor Caron. Maybe give him a date and a sexy romance scene with the Princess before he faces what happened to him?

darklove

Jan 9, 2018
I am back, downloaded nwn(ee) and installed the latest AWDR module according to the instructions. got some doubts, can you choose the body type of the female mc in character creation at the start? cuz whichever body type i pick the female mc starts the game with a slim body, and can you change the body type in game by any way?

the next doubt is, when the rape scene happens at the beginning of the game the screen turns black and after some time vico just stands up again, is that normal? and will all the other sex scenes will be similar to this scene? i mean will the screen turn black for all the other sex scenes too with not much dialogue or description about the act?

new to nwn and any other tips would also be appreciated, thank you!

Peccable

Dec 18, 2018
I am back, downloaded nwn(ee) and installed the latest AWDR module according to the instructions. got some doubts, can you choose the body type of the female mc in character creation at the start? cuz whichever body type i pick the female mc starts the game with a slim body, and can you change the body type in game by any way?

the next doubt is, when the rape scene happens at the beginning of the game the screen turns black and after some time vico just stands up again, is that normal? and will all the other sex scenes will be similar to this scene? i mean will the screen turn black for all the other sex scenes too with not much dialogue or description about the act?

new to nwn and any other tips would also be appreciated, thank you!
Body type depends on your Constitution score. Make it more that 9 and your Princess will get bigger breasts, visually and in dialogues. If you make ti more than... 12 or 15 (sorry, don't remember exactly), everyone will mention huge tits and fat ass.
There is going to be lots of sex scenes, many described in details. Unfortunatelly, in the latest versions several well-described sex scenes were replaced with animation, which is definitely not the same considering NWN1 graphics quality in 2023. For example, repeatable prostitution scenes used to be very varied and descriptive. Nevertheless, the new version is better and has lots of content, including sexy.

alkeera

May 1, 2018
I just leave this guide/faq with all relevant links here for people who want to play the original module.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

alibaba34

Mar 11, 2018

What book?

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes