HTML A Dance With Rogues Reimagined [v0.1] [TrustyOldPatches]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes
Sep 26, 2020
Frankly, I have trouble designing male characters. I went for a dangerous look for Vico, but not sure if it got it right. Still, he's only in a few renders, so I still have time to change it. I may ask for help redesigning him for next patch.
This guy sure thinks he's dapper.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You're free to disagree with him about that, of course.

roarr

Sep 28, 2017
Dam man the Nostalgia I really hope this can catch up in content to the NWN module

Valronn

Apr 13, 2018
Will there be animated scenes or is there back and forth pics to show the action? Enjoyed the bride game so will keep an eye on this one.

slavegal

Apr 17, 2020
Thx, I appreciate that you try to immerse players with options fitting the storyline; it is rare and valuable on this site. But some options are unlogical; I mean, girls don't do that just for the rags of a hobo. But we are all here because of the erotic scenes that can only be accessed by those choices, so I wasn't offered any option here, not really. When I read that content, I felt that the princess was unrealistically gullible(or even stupid) and agreed to do that for the rags; I wasn't trying to play the princess herself but just playing the game for its objectives, which meant the game failed to immerse me at that point.

Filthy sex doesn't bother me, but the game would be better if you provided solid and logical reasons for it, inextricable ones for instance. This game looks promising anyway; I just try to help.

AnyName'llDo

Feb 12, 2018
You are half right about the loop, but you would have had to try just one more answer to overcome it.

The loop occurs when MC shows the breasts and then lets himself be groped. After that it is no longer possible to resist and either you accept the BJ you end up with the other answers in a loop until you accept the BJ.

However, if you kneel down after the grope, you can then protest again, draw the dagger and avoid the BJ.
So basically you can use the dagger at all four times.
Before the show, after the show, after the grope, after the BJ.
When the only option that wouldn't loop me back states "Kneel down and pleasure him," it's not at all obvious that you might have an option other than to do just that. Had it said just, "kneel down,"I would have clicked it to see if the dagger became an option. Thanks, Mercedes.

Rebby

Apr 17, 2017
Hope there will be more free roaming.
And compress the images will you. you're gonna go over 3 gig before the lessons are over

Last edited:

rollit

Jul 1, 2018
Ah, the good old ADWR. Such a great module. I wish you the best of luck. Hope you finish this.

anon3213

Nov 13, 2017
Man I literally just finished a playthrough of a Dance with Rogues last month, its my favorite NWN module. How far into the story is this so far?

binaculr

Jan 20, 2018
Looking forward to this! I miss the original AWDR, shame it was never continued.
Part 1 has been slowly getting small updates ever since Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition came out. , but it's now considered feature complete. Hopefully Valine sticks around and works on Part 2.

TrustyOldPatches

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
Thx, I appreciate that you try to immerse players with options fitting the storyline; it is rare and valuable on this site. But some options are unlogical; I mean, girls don't do that just for the rags of a hobo. But we are all here because of the erotic scenes that can only be accessed by those choices, so I wasn't offered any option here, not really. When I read that content, I felt that the princess was unrealistically gullible(or even stupid) and agreed to do that for the rags; I wasn't trying to play the princess herself but just playing the game for its objectives, which meant the game failed to immerse me at that point.

Filthy sex doesn't bother me, but the game would be better if you provided solid and logical reasons for it, inextricable ones for instance. This game looks promising anyway; I just try to help.
There is too little content yet on this version, but on the original module, you're supposed to roleplay the character. The original creator gave a lot of options. One minute you can play as a shy princess and the next one as a complete slut, she didn't restricted the options at all. I liked it because the author trusted the player to keep their princess coherent.

What I'm trying to say is that if you think your princess won't trust the beggar, don't make her do anything. That's why that option is there. Is up to you how to roleplay the character.

Right now you're missing one of the two sex scenes, but when the game progresses it will be just a single sex scene between many.

Reactions: aifgamer

telc0ntar

Jun 10, 2018
I played the game and know a bit of Twine, and I liked your work on the Goblin Brides. Here are my recommendations/advice -

TrustyOldPatches

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
I played the game and know a bit of Twine, and I liked your work on the Goblin Brides. Here are my recommendations/advice -

Thanks for the feedback!

I see you're asking in general for more explanation to the player, but it is really worth it? The present systems are not complicated at all, anyone can figure them out. I'm a fan of the From Software design style: Keep things a bit obstuse, and let the player figure it out.

About the UI bar thing and char sheet, I like to keep things as minimalistic and simple as possible, so I try to present to the player only the neccesary info to play the game. Name of the game, author, etc are not neccesary things at all. So why include them?

The silence/reduce music thing might be a good idea yeah.

4-> Does it matter how many passages there are? Separating them make things way simplier for me. I hate to see a page with a lot of ifs, it makes things way more difficult to understand for me. But maybe you're refering to something else, I'm not an expert coder at all, I just want things to work well enough for me to tell a story.

5->Again, keeping things a bit obstuse. Does the player really need to know what the choices they are selecting will do? I think it is more fun if they do not.

6-> I don't plan to create a big combat system. The fights that the princess get on will all be text oriented.

This is a big project, I'll try to keep things as simple as possible. Lots of project get abandoned because people overreach. My objective is not to recreate the Neverwinter module in twine faithfully, instead I just want to synthetize the story, which I think it's really awesome, into a simplier format.

Last edited:

kermile

Jan 30, 2018
ADWR is the best piece of storytelling I have ever experienced. NWN's engine is pretty fun too so gameplay is not too shabby either! AND it runs flawlessly on steam deck for anyone on the lookout for something to play. here's hoping this will draw some people into playing the actual module as well :)

Reactions: TrustyOldPatches
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes