4.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Evis

May 4, 2017
One last question for the group, I'm new to downloading these games I usually played them online as I did not have a adequate laptop in which to download.... Which browser seems to do best with this method?

and if anyone knows of a guide/ tutorial that shows or explains how to interact and decrypt the source code data while playing please let me know!

thanks
Firefox works for me just fine. Chrome doesn't save cookies generated on your harddrive. I never use and have used IE.

dsp3000

The Academy
Game Developer
Jan 12, 2018
This is dsp3000, the creator of the Academy series.

I've registered here for one reason and one reason only and that is to politely request that downloads, links and file shares for my games are removed from this site.
Hopefully many of you can appreciate that creating games like these takes significant amounts of time, resources and energy.
To have my creations shared illegally means that I lose a significant proportion of my income, and I cannot and will not work for free.
I'm sure I can speak for many in the creative industries when I state that sites that actively promote illegal file sharing jeopardize the creation of future games.
If you enjoy playing these games then you need to support the creators otherwise they will stop creating.

Please can one of the moderators contact me to discuss further.

ScottyLQ

Apr 28, 2017
Apparently part 2 comes out tomorrow. Just hope there's some content in there.

ScottyLQ

Apr 28, 2017
Aw man... They said on the 8th this Saturday. Oh well, if it means more content...

DamnVamMan

Mar 14, 2017
If anyone has a walkthough, it would be greatly appreciated. These games are pretty notorious for being hard to get through without many playthroughs.
Wow lol.. Maybe I can brighten your day for the future releases of vdategames because this is a little late, though I heard b2 is about to drop.. Anyway, it's a html based game. Decisions, paths and points are javascript controlled and the points are stored in cookies lol. So edit your love points using a cookie manager or just go into the dev console as it's easy as shit, or if you are unsure about a decision.. right click on it and go to inspect. You can literally read that this link (to the next pic n scene) will reward you +5, this one +2 and the last nothing, or the cases where the fist and third are both -X points and the middle is neutral etc..

DamnVamMan

Mar 14, 2017
As an example, I didn't write the number down when I was here.. Only came back to share this so you can see how blatantly unsecure these html games are, not that he cares as the pictures are freely open to view, just think it's time for him to get on board with renpy or the toostoopidtorenpy alternative.. anyway..
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
The movie and music industry might figure out a way to stop piracy before DSP3000
Piracy will never be stopped. If anything, they should be using it as a method to promote their content to a wider audience to draw more paying customers. Failing to do that is just a waste of their time and effort in the long run. It also makes pirates all the more determined to do what they do best :D

Mukallif

Aug 5, 2016
Piracy will never be stopped. If anything, they should be using it as a method to promote their content to a wider audience to draw more paying customers. Failing to do that is just a waste of their time and effort in the long run. It also makes pirates all the more determined to do what they do best :D
You said the truth

AkitoH

Mar 13, 2017
If people are gonna look for a way to get the game for free, chances are, they won't be paying for the game anyway, so what money are you really missing out on? It's pointless to even get pissed at this kinda shit anymore.

I love the Academy series, but when it comes to piracy, it ain't special. People will get it. People will share it. People will crack it. Because people are assholes.

Getting mad at piracy is like getting mad at the common cold. You know you're gonna get hit with it. You can treat it. It'll pass. But bet your ass it's gonna hit you again sooner or later. If you are a content creator who has built a paywall and has gathered a following, congratulations, you've become a target of piracy. Don't lose sleep over it. You're gonna have your supporters as well as your pirates, just as you have people who like you and people who dislike you. Everything has an opposite.

ForeverFL4T

Oct 10, 2017
Apparently they've not released an offline version. Gonna have to wait for a release or rip.
not exactly, all the files will be in the website's files, which is pretty easy to access if you have membership. One would just need to download the files.

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes