kxjoh32

Jun 4, 2017
Well I bought it and it says I don't own it whenever I go to bedroom in evening after visiting warehouse. Can't access it from inventory because the game errors out whenever I go into my bag. Not saying yours doesn't work. Dunno why mine is bugged but it is.
are you using the book during the week? doesn't work on weekend i believe. Just wondering is all due to i was able to use it even though when i actually went to pay for it it says something like "would you like to purchase book 2" even though i knew i was getting book three. That kind of threw me off. All in all i was able to see the last part of photo shoot. Sorry if that isn't the problem.
Trying to guess due to i'm not there playing it with you so don't know what all has been tried. Hope you find problem :)

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
Win 10 64K Nopy DL:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 189, in script
python:
python:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 190, in <module>
renpy.execute_default_statement(True)
Exception: store.housemates is being given a default a second time.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\Games\WillTylor\AFamilyVenture-0.06b_supporter-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "E:\Games\WillTylor\AFamilyVenture-0.06b_supporter-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
run(restart)
File "E:\Games\WillTylor\AFamilyVenture-0.06b_supporter-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "E:\Games\WillTylor\AFamilyVenture-0.06b_supporter-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
python:
python:
File "E:\Games\WillTylor\AFamilyVenture-0.06b_supporter-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "E:\Games\WillTylor\AFamilyVenture-0.06b_supporter-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 190, in <module>
renpy.execute_default_statement(True)
File "E:\Games\WillTylor\AFamilyVenture-0.06b_supporter-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 3495, in execute_default_statement
i.set_default(start)
File "no_inc.rpyc", line 452, in set_default
Exception: store.housemates is being given a default a second time.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
A Family Venture 0.06b_supporter
Thu Sep 17 00:45:11 2020

jacobbb

May 30, 2017
what do i have to do to trigger event 45? i've completed all previous events, it just says wait for a visit from the aunt but nothings happening. is there a script i can use? i feel like i may have bugged out the event by accident

Last edited:

jrwizzard

Sep 4, 2020
same errors starting the .exe using win10 wine, and the .sh using mint19

i commented out 189 and 190 of 00start.rpy because it said it was a duplicate... same error as above

then i got another error at line 229 saying _history isnt defined... traceback attached

hope this helps

Reactions: Daddy59
D

Deleted member 1691628

Until devs have officially fixed the release, here is a temp work around. Unzip the file from the 7z and put in your \game folder

It will start, but I do not know what other bugs exists.. have not looked. (that being said, backup your saves before using this)

*edit* also, when an update comes out.. delete the file, don't need it overwriting a new version.. This is only for the broken 0.06b_supporter version and is not in any way, shape, or form a proper fix.

Last edited by a moderator:

bluerubber

Apr 29, 2019
It would be nice if the members releasing these broken beta copies, just kept them to themselves and actually tested them instead. Releasing these only serves to confuse and alienate more potential supporters from joining because they get the wrong impression that the devs don't know what they are doing.....

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
^ exactly that.

thought i'm happy to see that no one is directly calling out the devs. this has just caused nothing but confusion and frustration to the people.

bluerubber

Apr 29, 2019
Lets face it, if we get a patreon only build and complain about it, we realy should double facepalm ourselves. You cant expect a bug free release of a beta version your not even suposed to have access too.
I generally agree except, if judging by many of these comments, most users appear too dumb to know the difference and that is where "providing" betas causes more harm than good. Nevermind the people that never update their broken copy because they think they already have the most up-to-date version. I want to say the devs for My Wife's A Star just released a fixed version that doesn't look any different (version wise) than the bugged version. But that is another problem in itself..

Edit: I just looked, they did also label theirs as beta in their earlier release...but it kinda proves my point. Even I get confused on the versions sometimes! lol

2nd Edit: Lol sorry if anyone took me calling anyone dumb as being personal. It wasn't meant as a direct target to anyone, but more just a general statement that any group of people in numbers is just generally dumber than any one individual or circumstance.

Last edited:

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017
Well I cant download it, its so big 2.54 GB so I think its over for me. Cant play it anymore. Cant download such big game. I liked the game but then the size is just too much for me to download. Quitting sadly and not downloading. Best of luck for your future ventures and updates.

Daddy59

Jun 10, 2017
Until devs have officially fixed the release, here is a temp work around. Unzip the file from the 7z and put in your \game folder

It will start, but I do not know what other bugs exists.. have not looked.
Perfect !!

Hawky1984

Jun 3, 2019
Lets face it, if we get a patreon only build and complain about it, we realy should double facepalm ourselves. You cant expect a bug free release of a beta version your not even suposed to have access too.
It doesn't really matter if you're supposed to have access to it or not. If it's not functional, it really is down to the dev(s). Releasing something without properly testing if it even starts is the devs fault and noone else's, even if it's a beta, a dev should ALWAYS test what they code.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
It doesn't really matter if you're supposed to have access to it or not. If it's not functional, it really is down to the dev(s). Releasing something without properly testing if it even starts is the devs fault and noone else's, even if it's a beta, a dev should ALWAYS test what they code.
Let's try this again.

IT IS A BETA

A bug hunting build.

A version of the game that was not meant for the public to see.

It's not on the devs, it's on the dumb ass who leaked it. The link was only live for 30min before the dev took it down ffs.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Ah, but it hasn't been released to anyone really. This is a testing build solely given to testers to test for bugs. That enough test for you there?

Testing versions shouldn't necessarily end up here escpecially as people have proven time and time again that they don't search, don't read and above all don't care about what they just downloaded yet are perfectly fine of jumping on this thread and posting asinine comments about how their laziness has gotten them nothing but grief.

Double standards much?!

Edit: D'oh! Ninja'd by strenif. Also, what they said!

riddo

Apr 30, 2017
this game is so epic, but I cant play it :(
Everytime I try to get stuff done I keep failing impotent events and locking myself out of progress. Its so freaking frustrating and I have no idea how to avoid it.

3.50 star(s) 109 Votes