magistrate

Feb 2, 2019
First impressions very poor. Why do devs insist on making a sandbox but then forcing the player down a set path? Why do devs insist on adding tons of inner thoughts to a character that just kill immersion? Why do devs insist on making the mc a complete fucking retard? I play games because I want to make my own story (going after the sisters while ignoring mom), but the MC clearly has completely opposite taste to me (only interested in Lauren as practice for mom). It kills the enjoyment from these games and makes me question why you even chose to make a game in the first place, rather than writing a book.

Does this game get more open later on or does it stay this linear?

Cursor2

Sep 19, 2019
I'm getting this when I start a new game. New download with NO ipatch or any changes.

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 296, in script
File "D:\AFamilyVenture-0.06_public-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "D:\AFamilyVenture-0.06_public-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'change_name_patreon'.

Warsteel

May 26, 2017
A bit of info0 to go with the "Patreon Extra" link would be nice. What does it do, exactly? Is it up to date or does it work with any version? Does it go in the game directory? Does it still work if you have the incest patch? I mean, the link is appreciated but damn...

magistrate

Feb 2, 2019
A bit of info0 to go with the "Patreon Extra" link would be nice. What does it do, exactly? Is it up to date or does it work with any version? Does it go in the game directory? Does it still work if you have the incest patch? I mean, the link is appreciated but damn...
Doesn't work with the latest version. The devs seem to have put more effort into their DRM than making a good game: if you try to use an old patch on a new version, the game says "nice try" and then deletes the patch file. I'm sure that's fairly easy to disable but I cba digging through the code when I could be playing better games or working on my own, so just wait for a patreon backer to leak it the latest patch.

Reactions: Warsteel

Warsteel

May 26, 2017
Doesn't work with the latest version. The devs seem to have put more effort into their DRM than making a good game: if you try to use an old patch on a new version, the game says "nice try" and then deletes the patch file. I'm sure that's fairly easy to disable but I cba digging through the code when I could be playing better games or working on my own, so just wait for a patreon backer to leak it the latest patch.
Copy that. Thanks for the info.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Reactions: strenif

4st7lb

Oct 16, 2017
Ok, I'm so fucking pissed. I've played this game through all of its updates with NO problems, and now all of the sudden all the names are wrong and the i-patch won't even work.

There is no fucking way I'm going to play through all of it again. How hard can it be to install a patch? I swear, I've never had problems with patches in other games, but this one, man... I was hoping that this new update would solve my issue but it's the same bullshit all over again.

It's a shame because I really liked the game, but this is way too annoying.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
does the patreon mod work for you cause for me its not showing even after reinstalling it into the game folder
cheats not working for me click the red button or whatever and nothing. no cheats
This is the pubic build of the game and the cheat mod does not work, the incest part works.
Green light off, AFamilyVenture 2020-10-28 20-47-18-90.jpg click on it and it will change to red and the incest patch will be active.

Mondoblasto

Nov 13, 2017
Ok, I'm so fucking pissed. I've played this game through all of its updates with NO problems, and now all of the sudden all the names are wrong and the i-patch won't even work.

There is no fucking way I'm going to play through all of it again. How hard can it be to install a patch? I swear, I've never had problems with patches in other games, but this one, man... I was hoping that this new update would solve my issue but it's the same bullshit all over again.

It's a shame because I really liked the game, but this is way too annoying.
We have to keep in mind that this part of developing games here. I'm certainly not disagreeing that losing progress is frustrating, especially when it's a free roam like this, as it's much harder to scene skip forward to your 'spot'. But as I have to remind myself at times, playing them at this stage is in fact a risk we choose to take, and with many games, we're not paying to access them, unlike supporters.

Aug 17, 2019
So I've tried to apply the (ridiculously convoluted) patch for the current version and...it doesn't work. It changes nothing. Yes I've moved the file/files into the right directories, yes I've pressed the button on the phone to turn it green, yes I've tried to start a new game. It simply doesn't work. Forget the game, just the bloody patch needs an installation guide.

3.50 star(s) 109 Votes