xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Would you mind sending me the error message you get when the game crashes. I've seen the bug before, but I think I forgot to take care of it. And it might be something in the persistent save data if you ever played an older version of the 0.06 build.
Had the same in ver 6.0 a but was gone after y downloaded "b" so I Asumed it was fixed now im playing C and that specific bug never returned even if i load an old Safe from 4 or 5 version

Dec 23, 2018
The amount of grind in this kills it for me.
And the author trying to justify it in MC and Jacky's convos makes it even worse.
Like at least have slight text variations, something.. You literally have to repeat the exact same boring actions to get enough stat points to advance.

Also for the author - If you read all the books before going for a photoshoot the text repeats itself 3 times

PalmFace

Aug 22, 2017
Would you mind sending me the error message you get when the game crashes. I've seen the bug before, but I think I forgot to take care of it. And it might be something in the persistent save data if you ever played an older version of the 0.06 build.
I'll send it over to you later today :) Thanks for taking a look

Reactions: WillTylor

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Cant seem to activate the patch. exclamation mark doesn't work.
Did you download the public version or the supporter version.

If you downloaded the supporter version the patch is built in and installed the linked one breaks it.

May 26, 2018
Well, I am finally giving up on this fucking game. NOT because of the length of time between updates, and not REALLY because of the screwed up lack of content or the everlasting grind, and not even because of the totally fucked up way that the patch has to be applied (I mean DAMN, you have to do what seems like 15 different things, and most times based on comments here, it does not even always work). The MAIN reason is because the developer, or possibly his proofreaders or testers, cannot even properly test the damned game before they distribute/post it.

I downloaded the v0.06 public version, to give it a try and to try to keep my promise to the developer that I would give it a chance (feel free to read my posts and my review, if they have not been deleted). Having done so, I install and click on the game file to (hopefully) happily try the game out one more time, and I get this crap (oh, yes I added the I-Patch file)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

SO, I deleted the game completely and tried again with a totally new install (THIS time without the I-Patch), and get the same damned error.

This game, while starting out so slow, actually was not that bad of a game (with the exception of the grind) aI had several convo's with the Developer where he gave me NUMEROUS excuses or reasons for certain things and I was willing to accept them at face value - for the most part. But I am finally at the point that I cannot support such a fucked up game and anyone who asks me about it (newbies or otherwise) I will FIRMLY advice they avoid this game.

I have played many games here and with VERY few exceptions, I have NEVER felt like giving up totally on a game. Congratulations, WillTylor, Your game is the first I have given up on.

Reactions: dwightfrye13

WillTylor

Creating "A Family Venture"
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
Well, I am finally giving up on this fucking game. NOT because of the length of time between updates, and not REALLY because of the screwed up lack of content or the everlasting grind, and not even because of the totally fucked up way that the patch has to be applied (I mean DAMN, you have to do what seems like 15 different things, and most times based on comments here, it does not even always work). The MAIN reason is because the developer, or possibly his proofreaders or testers, cannot even properly test the damned game before they distribute/post it.

I downloaded the v0.06 public version, to give it a try and to try to keep my promise to the developer that I would give it a chance (feel free to read my posts and my review, if they have not been deleted). Having done so, I install and click on the game file to (hopefully) happily try the game out one more time, and I get this crap (oh, yes I added the I-Patch file)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

SO, I deleted the game completely and tried again with a totally new install (THIS time without the I-Patch), and get the same damned error.

This game, while starting out so slow, actually was not that bad of a game (with the exception of the grind) aI had several convo's with the Developer where he gave me NUMEROUS excuses or reasons for certain things and I was willing to accept them at face value - for the most part. But I am finally at the point that I cannot support such a fucked up game and anyone who asks me about it (newbies or otherwise) I will FIRMLY advice they avoid this game.

I have played many games here and with VERY few exceptions, I have NEVER felt like giving up totally on a game. Congratulations, WillTylor, Your game is the first I have given up on.
Sorry you had a bad experience with the game. Having to play this game of "hide the incest content" has caused so many damn problems. Keep in mind that the ipatch is not my work. It is developed by a 3rd party since Patreon would ban my page if I had anything to do with it. Most of the problems with the game have had to do with making the ipatch run correctly. Most other bugs have been easy fixes. I've asked D.S.-Sama, the patches creator, if he wouldn't mind simplifying it so that it just is active if it's present in the game folder, and inactive if it's not. Hopefully his next version of the patch won't cause so much confusion.

Another frustrating problem, which I take responsibility for, is that the bugs that are present in early test builds of the game, some of them don't go away easily, even after I've fixed the problem. If you play an earlier build, some bugs tend to get stuck in your persistent save data, and downloading a newer version wont fix the problem. The only way to get rid of these types of bugs is to delete your saves along with the AFV folder in the directory: C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\RenPy . I haven't been able to figure out a better way to purge those kind of bugs, and even better yet, not create those kinds of bugs in the first place.

All that being said, I understand why you would feel frustrated, and why you have decided to abandon the game. So, I wish you well playing the many other amazing games this site has to offer from some pretty great devs.

May 26, 2018
Sorry you had a bad experience with the game. Having to play this game of "hide the incest content" has caused so many damn problems. Keep in mind that the ipatch is not my work. It is developed by a 3rd party since Patreon would ban my page if I had anything to do with it. Most of the problems with the game have had to do with making the ipatch run correctly. Most other bugs have been easy fixes. I've asked D.S.-Sama, the patches creator, if he wouldn't mind simplifying it so that it just is active if it's present in the game folder, and inactive if it's not. Hopefully his next version of the patch won't cause so much confusion.

Another frustrating problem, which I take responsibility for, is that the bugs that are present in early test builds of the game, some of them don't go away easily, even after I've fixed the problem. If you play an earlier build, some bugs tend to get stuck in your persistent save data, and downloading a newer version wont fix the problem. The only way to get rid of these types of bugs is to delete your saves along with the AFV folder in the directory: C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\RenPy . I haven't been able to figure out a better way to purge those kind of bugs, and even better yet, not create those kinds of bugs in the first place.

All that being said, I understand why you would feel frustrated, and why you have decided to abandon the game. So, I wish you well playing the many other amazing games this site has to offer from some pretty great devs.
I am MOST impressed.

1st) You responded in a courteous and reasonable manner (of course, to be honest, I expected you to do so. :) )

2nd) u recognized and understood my frustration and did not try to marginalize it or lessen its effect on my gaming experience. You recognized the possibility of your part in the bugs and difficulties, and explained the parts of others who may have been "less than diligent" in making mods, patches, or walkthrough mods just a little easier to implement without excessive or convoluted steps.

3rd) You even gave me suggestions as to how to remove persistent bugs (based on former bugs, persistent data, etc). I should point out, however, that because of constant problems with games in the past (not just this one, lol) I NEVER simply copy updates over an existing version of a game. Instead, what I do is install a clean copy of the game after deleting the older version. USUALLY this avoids the "traveling" or "migrating" bugs (of course, not ALWAYS, but usually :) ) And finally

4th) I know my post you responded to was couched i, shall we say, less than proper language. Yet in no way did you hold that against me, or respond in kind. I think the reason (or at least I BELIEVE the reason) for that is simply the fact that you and I have conversed before, almost always (as far as I can recall) in a respectful manner. Usually after I posted a comment here with, while strong language, not usually using the "F-Bomb" as I did this last comment. While I apologize for its usage, I plead that I wanted the comment to reflect my frustration and disappointment in the game and its faults, bugs, and general problems.

Thank you again for your courteous response. maybe after this game is updated a few times, I may try it again, I really do not know for now. If I do, however, I am expecting (and hoping, lol) that 1) the game will be simplified without the excessive grinding just to advance to the next event; 2) the bugs that CURRENTLY beset the game will once and for all be solved, fixed, removed.

Blessings to you and I hope your game continues to provide many hours of enjoyment for those who enjoy playing it. But for me, I DO have to give up for now, at least, less I lose my "kool" and possibly say something in the future which I may later regret. :)

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
christof rauch

i want to point on number 3.

this has nothing to do with copying the files over the old version. persistant data is saved in a different place. this is not saved in your "saves" folder.

this is the actual game

this is the save that is always carried over and will be used, regardless if you deleted the old version. this is why when you delete a game and get a fresh copy, your saves still exist. that's because these saves carry over. this is the persistant data that is causing bugs, not the one in the first picture.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I am MOST impressed.

1st) You responded in a courteous and reasonable manner (of course, to be honest, I expected you to do so. :) )

2nd) u recognized and understood my frustration and did not try to marginalize it or lessen its effect on my gaming experience. You recognized the possibility of your part in the bugs and difficulties, and explained the parts of others who may have been "less than diligent" in making mods, patches, or walkthrough mods just a little easier to implement without excessive or convoluted steps.

3rd) You even gave me suggestions as to how to remove persistent bugs (based on former bugs, persistent data, etc). I should point out, however, that because of constant problems with games in the past (not just this one, lol) I NEVER simply copy updates over an existing version of a game. Instead, what I do is install a clean copy of the game after deleting the older version. USUALLY this avoids the "traveling" or "migrating" bugs (of course, not ALWAYS, but usually :) ) And finally

4th) I know my post you responded to was couched i, shall we say, less than proper language. Yet in no way did you hold that against me, or respond in kind. I think the reason (or at least I BELIEVE the reason) for that is simply the fact that you and I have conversed before, almost always (as far as I can recall) in a respectful manner. Usually after I posted a comment here with, while strong language, not usually using the "F-Bomb" as I did this last comment. While I apologize for its usage, I plead that I wanted the comment to reflect my frustration and disappointment in the game and its faults, bugs, and general problems.

Thank you again for your courteous response. maybe after this game is updated a few times, I may try it again, I really do not know for now. If I do, however, I am expecting (and hoping, lol) that 1) the game will be simplified without the excessive grinding just to advance to the next event; 2) the bugs that CURRENTLY beset the game will once and for all be solved, fixed, removed.

Blessings to you and I hope your game continues to provide many hours of enjoyment for those who enjoy playing it. But for me, I DO have to give up for now, at least, less I lose my "kool" and possibly say something in the future which I may later regret. :)
No no no. This is F95 for petes sake, devs and players arn't suppose to come to an understanding and resolve disputes. Where's the insults and wild assertions?! Danm it man, you're doing this all wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: xapican
May 26, 2018
christof rauch

i want to point on number 3.

this has nothing to do with copying the files over the old version. persistant data is saved in a different place. this is not saved in your "saves" folder.

this is the actual game

this is the save that is always carried over and will be used, regardless if you deleted the old version. this is why when you delete a game and get a fresh copy, your saves still exist. that's because these saves carry over. this is the persistant data that is causing bugs, not the one in the first picture.

Thank you, :) but when I delete a game before installing the update, I delete the save folder from the game directory, AND delete the persistent file from the directory in my user folder as well. I am aware of the 2 save areas for most renpy games, and delete accordingly :).

proxyx13

Aug 10, 2017
This game seems interesting, but its really confusing what to download from the OP. I read a lot of comments, but it was confusing, because it was mentioned older version or a lot of "it works", "it doesn't work". There are also 2 incest patches, 2 different versions that don't say whats the difference between them and a DRM cracker that I read isn't needed for some versions. Can someone pleace explain which one is the newest version and what do i need to download with it (drm, i-patch, cheats etc), or maybe update the OP with that info?

Thanks

Reactions: 13lokiz

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
This game seems interesting, but its really confusing what to download from the OP. I read a lot of comments, but it was confusing, because it was mentioned older version or a lot of "it works", "it doesn't work". There are also 2 incest patches, 2 different versions that don't say whats the difference between them and a DRM cracker that I read isn't needed for some versions. Can someone pleace explain which one is the newest version and what do i need to download with it (drm, i-patch, cheats etc), or maybe update the OP with that info?

Thanks
Ya they need to clean that up.
So to keep it super simple for you just download 0.06b - Supporter version.
There is no need to install a patch as it's already installed.

3.50 star(s) 109 Votes