thealucid

Oct 10, 2018
To clarify.

.07 will have some Jackie in it but will be focused on Lauren according to the dev.
.08 will be focused on Jackie.
I think this is what crushes me. Dev is doing a great job and I'm pumped he's about to get the next release out, but I don't think I'll be playing until the release after this one for the mom.

Loved the older sister release before this but, while I'm sure Lauren is a favorite of some of the players, personally I wouldn't mind eschewing a relationship with her altogether- beyond a platonic one.

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
I think this is what crushes me. Dev is doing a great job and I'm pumped he's about to get the next release out, but I don't think I'll be playing until the release after this one for the mom.

Loved the older sister release before this but, while I'm sure Lauren is a favorite of some of the players, personally I wouldn't mind eschewing a relationship with her altogether- beyond a platonic one.
I feel the same way but for Sidney, I'm basically in this just for her now and have limited interest in the others so probably won't be that excited to play again until 0.09. I'll probably try out the mom release, maybe even this one, but it will be more out of curiosity and completionism than genuine desire.

Reactions: thealucid

ViperGts151

You don’t like me? Fine. Don’t waste my time then.
Donor
Jan 15, 2018
Anyone know why when I try to do the evening photoshoot with Jacky and Megan the conversation on the phone just loops it says he will ask Megan to pick her up and he will be professional then he rings Jacky again and says he is at the warehouse and she asks him questions about the Perry hotter books it keeps going untill she asks what the head masters sexual preference was he says I thought this was a children's book then Jacky hangs up and nothing else happens I have read 3 of the Perry hotter books I'm playing on Android.

WillTylor

Creating "A Family Venture"
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
I feel the same way but for Sidney, I'm basically in this just for her now and have limited interest in the others so probably won't be that excited to play again until 0.09. I'll probably try out the mom release, maybe even this one, but it will be more out of curiosity and completionism than genuine desire.
There won't be any content with Sidney this update, a little with Jacky, but there will be some spicy scenes with girls other than Lauren. Just FYI... Oh, bigguy_foryou , I noticed you're comment counter is at 666. You shouldn't make any more comments. :devilish:

Reactions: thealucid

WillTylor

Creating "A Family Venture"
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
Anyone know why when I try to do the evening photoshoot with Jacky and Megan the conversation on the phone just loops it says he will ask Megan to pick her up and he will be professional then he rings Jacky again and says he is at the warehouse and she asks him questions about the Perry hotter books it keeps going untill she asks what the head masters sexual preference was he says I thought this was a children's book then Jacky hangs up and nothing else happens I have read 3 of the Perry hotter books I'm playing on Android.
I've heard of a few people having some bugs with the Perry Hotter books, most of the problems were due to using the cheat mod, but I haven't heard of this particular one. Are you playing the public Android version we put out, or the unofficial supporter version by a third party?

ViperGts151

Donor
Jan 15, 2018
I've heard of a few people having some bugs with the Perry Hotter books, most of the problems were due to using the cheat mod, but I haven't heard of this particular one. Are you playing the public Android version we put out, or the unofficial supporter version by a third party?
I was playing on the unofficial supporter version I will download the official version and check if I get the same error

Reactions: WillTylor

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I was playing on the unofficial supporter version I will download the official version and check if I get the same error

I worked with another user who ran into this issue and after poking at his save for over an hour I was forced to send him an edited script file to fix it. The problem is in the script there is a check

if not inventory.has_item(ph_book1):

That for some reason if you cheated that item in the game doesn't think you have it.
Go into AFamilyVenture-0.06b_supporter-pc\game\UpdateScript0.06.rpy and remove

if not inventory.has_item(ph_book1):
R "Hey, [Mom]... I'm at the warehouse..."
M "{i}(muffled voice){/i} And?"
R "And... I'm ready to do the photoshoot."
M "Ok... Have you read any of the books yet?"
R "Of course."
M "Alright... What's the name of the headmaster at hagwarts?"
R "Ummm... Merlin?"
M "[ryan]... Have you even bought the book?"
R "Ummm... No..."
M "Uuuhhhh... Call me another time after you've read the first book."
"{i}\"CLICK\"{/i}"
RT "{i}Damnit!... I've got to get that stupid book! Hopefully I can find it in the online store.{/i}"
scene bg SleepBlack
with fade
jump photostudio

Save it and run the game again. It'll work after that. Keep in mind until you start a new save this bug is still stuck in your save file. When .07 is released you might want to start a new one or use someone else's completed .06 save just to clear everything up.

Last edited:

ViperGts151

Donor
Jan 15, 2018
I'm still having the error on the official version but user strenif posted a fix and explained why it's happening but I'm unable to do that using the Android version

ViperGts151

Donor
Jan 15, 2018
I've attached the edited script if you have a way to replace it on driod.
Thanks for the help and script I have no idea how to replace it on Android I've just used a previous save without the mod and before I used it to continue forward lucky I keep backup saves

Reactions: xapican and strenif

Furmilk

Nov 27, 2019
You have to turn the patch on inside the game. This is getting removed in .07 (the subscribestar version will just have incest baked into the scripts with no patch needed) but for now open up Ryan's phone and click the button at the top right so the it's red.
Fantastic to new for the future because I think I screwed up the current one somehow. Jackie's name changed to mom so I figured it was working good, but I keep getting cases of them referring to ward and tenants. I followed the instructions on posted before; extracted files into the game folder and clicked that button when I made a new game, causing that line to disappear. Is the patch incomplete or is there something missing? The only other thing I added was the DRM cracker which didn't work until I deleted it (not sure how that worked but whatever), though the installation instructions mentioned to have the ipatch installed first. I just hope whatever the solution is that it won't involve a new save, this is a bit grindier than I'm used to.

Last edited:

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Fantastic to new for the future because I think I screwed up the current one somehow. Jackie's name changed to mom so I figured it was working good, but I keep getting cases of them referring to ward and tenants. I followed the instructions on posted before; extracted files into the game folder and clicked that button when I made a new game, causing that line to disappear. Is the patch incomplete or is there something missing? The only other thing I added was the DRM cracker which didn't work until I deleted it (not sure how that worked but whatever), though the installation instructions mentioned to have the ipatch installed first. I just hope whatever the solution is that it won't involve a new save, this is a bit grindier than I'm used to.
In that case I would hold off playing anymore until .07 lands. Hell start a fresh save if you didn't get to far in. The incest versions of dialog are diffrent then the SFP (safe for patreon) versions.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I would like to remind everyone that if the alpha does leek on F95 that it is the bug hunting version of the release. The whole point of the alpha is to find bugs before the main supporter release.

If you want to play the alpha do so knowing that there will be bugs. If that's not your cup of brandy wait a week or two for the main supporter release to come out.

Furmilk

Nov 27, 2019
In that case I would hold off playing anymore until .07 lands. Hell start a fresh save if you didn't get to far in. The incest versions of dialog are diffrent then the SFP (safe for patreon) versions.
I think I was actually quite far (I got Jacky to do the photo-shoot), so this is rather ill-tidings. I even tried a fresh install without the cheat mod and it didn't seem to change anything, no idea what could be wrong. Any news on if the cheats will be built into the subscribestar version as well?

Ooh

Jun 9, 2018
I would like to remind everyone that if the alpha does leek on F95 that it is the bug hunting version of the release. The whole point of the alpha is to find bugs before the main supporter release.

If you want to play the alpha do so knowing that there will be bugs. If that's not your cup of brandy wait a week or two for the main supporter release to come out.
In typical thread fashion ppl will still complain. Nice warning in the meantime

3.50 star(s) 109 Votes