-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Downloaded and got this after merging. So I deleted my old and tried to play it afresh. Still get this message.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Can you put that gargantuan error output in [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags (like I did above, in the quoting of your post) so everyone else doesn't have to scroll down as much? FFR, it's generally best to attach a traceback.txt file in a thread instead of pasting the whole thing in a message. You don't even have to save the file yourself; Ren'Py already creates it (replaces an old version if it exists) when the error occurs. It's found in the main game folder (so not in /game but in the folder just above that, where the main game file you run is located).

Reactions: SenPC

Phobos69

Mar 20, 2019
I was having a problem as noted above with the new version available fm this website. When I DL from the discord it worked fine. Tnx for the tip.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Lauren has sex scenes? I thought Sidney was the only one you could currently have sex with. Am I missing something, the only things I can see that she does are the couch fingering and Mandy's truth or dare sleeping thing.
Ya she has a ton of scenes. Go to school on Monday, in class start the election event. Though before you do have breakfast and watch TV to make sure you have the pre-reqs first.

hashcheckin

Dec 22, 2017
I don't seem to be able to complete Event 28, where you successfully complete every scene in Lauren's dragon-themed photo shoot. Any ideas? I've gotten her through every option on the menu.

Neoempiricist

Oct 23, 2020
So I did some testing with this error and found a solution.

I'm attaching a copy of UNREN but you can google it if you don't trust a download off F95.

Put the .bat file in the root of the game folder and open it. A dos window will pop up asking you which option you want. Type in 9 and hit enter. This will extract all the images and scripts. Once done you should no longer get this error.
This error also affects Mac installations. Unfortunately, .bat files do not run in our OS-verse. Do you have a workaround for MacOS? Could I manually edit the "game" files using something like Atom? Are there specific duplicates files that I can remove from the "game" folder?

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
This error also affects Mac installations. Unfortunately, .bat files do not run in our OS-verse. Do you have a workaround for MacOS? Could I manually edit the "game" files using something like Atom? Are there specific duplicates files that I can remove from the "game" folder?
Those minigame files are already in the game/script.rpa so you can delete the ones in game/images/interface_images/minigame/

brick257

Dec 30, 2019
I got a pretty serious case of COVID.
I'm sorry to hear that, Will. The fact you got anything at all done is a marvel - I've avoided Covid completely and all my projects are stretching 8-9 months behind because everyone is stretched so thin. Kudos! Let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

Neoempiricist

Oct 23, 2020
Thank you. Much appreciated!
As a quick follow-on, the advice from strenif is to delete the duplicated files which are throwing up the error on startup.
I have deleted the following files from game/images/interface_images/minigame/ so that the game now works on startup:

ASS_Affect_paint_timed_event.rpyc
HTBYD_paint_timed_event.rpyc
Shower_Run_01_timed_event.rpyc
Shower_Run_02_timed_event.rpyc
Shower_Run_03_timed_event.rpyc

I have done this as a Mac user since the .bat executable doesn't work for us. However, deleting those files works for PC users too if they do not wish to use the .bat file for whatever reason.

beaglescout

Apr 4, 2020
so on Wednesday I have $915 when going to sleep, then Thursday afternoon I go deliver packages and earn $300, but my money total goes down to $615? What causes this?

WillTylor

Creating "A Family Venture"
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
so on Wednesday I have $915 when going to sleep, then Thursday afternoon I go deliver packages and earn $300, but my money total goes down to $615? What causes this?
Are you playing the 0.07beta version? If so, there’s a bug that when you open your inventory to check you money and items, the inventory shows what it was the last time you opened it, so you have to close it and open it again to get the accurate number. You may not actually have had $915 when you went to bed. Not sure what caused this bug, but it seems to have gone away in the latest build.

beaglescout

Apr 4, 2020
i'm trying the 0.07ext with the update patch from the OP. haven't done anything with the newly posted bugfixes. but I've been trying to go through week 1 several times, and kept track of how much money I made each day, and how much I've spent on paper. The $915 was accurate. Now I've started an entirely new game, and noticing money issues on the first Sunday now for the first time.

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Can you put that gargantuan error output in [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags (like I did above, in the quoting of your post) so everyone else doesn't have to scroll down as much? FFR, it's generally best to attach a traceback.txt file in a thread instead of pasting the whole thing in a message. You don't even have to save the file yourself; Ren'Py already creates it (replaces an old version if it exists) when the error occurs. It's found in the main game folder (so not in /game but in the folder just above that, where the main game file you run is located).
I would love to..... If I knew how to do that.

beaglescout

Apr 4, 2020
ok, now i'm running the newly posted bugfix extended from the OP, zipped through the first week and didn't notice any money subtraction issue, but I do still experience the money total bug of the beta version you mentioned. needing to go to the bag twice to see the correct amount of money, but that's not so much of a terrible thing that I can't live with.

Reactions: strenif
3.50 star(s) 109 Votes