doccop63

Oct 16, 2022
After I responded to your inquiry, I tried to open the file once more. After a 10 minute delay, this is the message that I received:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Possible infinite loop.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 560, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "Gallery_AFV_v0.2.rpyc", line 173, in script
File "renpy/execution.py", line 61, in check_infinite_loop
raise Exception("Possible infinite loop.")

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
A Family Venture 0.08_v1b_supporter
Tue Nov 1 23:47:18 2022

doccop63

Oct 16, 2022
I tried opening the file after responding to your inquiry. This is what popped up after the usual 10 minute delay:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
renpy.main.main()

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
As I've said before, this message pops up every time. I've tried to run it as an administrator, tried troubleshooting for compatability (was successful only once in getting it to open and run right away) and just straight opening the file. I've extracted all of the files but no luck. This is frustrating.

jan^s

Dec 19, 2019
I would stick with the developer only releases.
There are two version for this game a Subscribestar and Patreon the saves are incompatible at some point with one another (I believe that they do not show for one or the other version, but I could be wrong). It is best to start with one and stick with it and not attempt interplay (using saves) between them.

I have seen the compressed variations (not just this game) to have more errors and complaints then their non-compressed counterparts. Yea they maybe smaller but the hassles (errors) and save issues that occur when a new version is dropped or you try another compressed version buy someone else, really worth it? All it takes in one missed file repacked or directory change, then all hell and fuckery arises.

Reactions: WillTylor

doccop63

Oct 16, 2022
I would stick with the developer only releases.
There are two version for this game a Subscribestar and Patreon the saves are incompatible at some point with one another (I believe that they do not show for one or the other version, but I could be wrong). It is best to start with one and stick with it and not attempt interplay (using saves) between them.

I have seen the compressed variations (not just this game) to have more errors and complaints then their non-compressed counterparts. Yea they maybe smaller but the hassles (errors) and save issues that occur when a new version is dropped or you try another compressed version buy someone else, really worth it? All it takes in one missed file repacked or directory change, then all hell and fuckery arises.
Thanks a lot. I may do just that. You've been a good help.

jan^s

Dec 19, 2019
After I responded to your inquiry, I tried to open the file once more. After a 10 minute delay, this is the message that I received:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
renpy.main.main()

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
The script is trying to make a call
to a missing file
location of that file
file size is mismatched to the call the script is attempting

Try to reload that save to a matched version of non-compressed you probably wont have that error.
The saves should be bullet proof within the same version.

doccop63

Oct 16, 2022
The script is trying to make a call
to a missing file
location of that file
file size is mismatched to the call the script is attempting

Try to reload that save to a matched version of non-compressed you probably wont have that error.
Will do, thanks. (smile)

foible

Aug 29, 2017
It's real shitty that you can hear Lauren moaning after Sidney moves back in and he thinks to himself that he needs to put a camera in there, but you can't install the camera until after you get Sidney kicked out of the room.

• Haha
Reactions: strenif

montiniuscontinius

Nov 2, 2021
I have a question. How can I transfer my progress to the next version? I have completed the v.008a and now I downloaded the halloween version but it started from the front with no progress. Transferring the saves doenst work as it crashes the game

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
It's real shitty that you can hear Lauren moaning after Sidney moves back in and he thinks to himself that he needs to put a camera in there, but you can't install the camera until after you get Sidney kicked out of the room.
If it makes you feel any better, Lauren and Sidney have not yet done anything with each-other.
But fear not!
They will.

jan^s

Dec 19, 2019
I have a question. How can I transfer my progress to the next version? I have completed the v.008a and now I downloaded the halloween version but it started from the front with no progress. Transferring the saves doesn't work as it crashes the game
There are two version for this game a Subscribestar and Patreon the saves are incompatible at some point with one another (I believe that they do not show for one or the other version, but I could be wrong).

Get the right version you were previously playing.!

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
It totally fits Jacky's character in the Halloween event (bathroom scene) to jump to the conclusion that the MC is high rather than checking for actual signs (eyes, shaking hands, dry mouth, etc.). It's no wonder she's so easily manipulated over the course of the game. Ofc, she's also the reason why so many end up "Hot for Teacher". :PogChamp:

I like the creativity of the flower-cock the monster had. Usually it's something more basic, like a huge but prickly dick or something. It actually reminds me somewhat of the hammerpedes in Prometheus. Ofc, still "It hurts! . . . And yet, it's strangely satisfying!". At least she has her own thoughts to discern between truth and falsehood. :FacePalm: Unfortunately, you've committed the unpardonable sin, WillTylor: the MC is always that big. J/k. o_O

Nice holiday update, and I liked the additional standard events of visiting Jacky in the early morning and the new VIP area. :love: Fun as always.

doccop63

Oct 16, 2022
Will do, thanks. (smile)
Ok, I downloaded the Subscribestar version using Mega. This was after deleting the previous download. I decided to try to start fresh. I extracted all of the files (as usual) then tried to run it as admin. After several minutes, I got the same message. Everything seemed to work okay on the .07 version (hadn't downloaded the .07 extended version at the time). It seems that the problems arose for .08-1a+1b. Is there a away to download the older .07 version then try to download the latest?

jan^s

Dec 19, 2019
Ok, I downloaded the Subscribestar version using Mega. This was after deleting the previous download. I decided to try to start fresh. I extracted all of the files (as usual) then tried to run it as admin. After several minutes, I got the same message. Everything seemed to work okay on the .07 version (hadn't downloaded the .07 extended version at the time). It seems that the problems arose for .08-1a+1b. Is there a away to download the older .07 version then try to download the latest?
Why are you running it as admin?
There is no viable situation in which the need arises to run the game as admin, this applies to windows; 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 and linux.
Caveats as with most games on f95z, they are under development there will be errors and issues to some degree.

All you need to do for most games here on f95z;
download to a location
extract to the same or another location after download
Find the "the-game-name.exe" within the extracted location
double click "the-game-name.exe" within the extracted location
play the game.

That is it.

Now if you decided to download a compressed version, edit files in some manner or install a mod expect to have more errors and issues then normal.

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
It totally fits Jacky's character in the Halloween event (bathroom scene) to jump to the conclusion that the MC is high rather than checking for actual signs (eyes, shaking hands, dry mouth, etc.). It's no wonder she's so easily manipulated over the course of the game. Ofc, she's also the reason why so many end up "Hot for Teacher". :PogChamp:

I like the creativity of the flower-cock the monster had. Usually it's something more basic, like a huge but prickly dick or something. It actually reminds me somewhat of the hammerpedes in Prometheus. Ofc, still "It hurts! . . . And yet, it's strangely satisfying!". At least she has her own thoughts to discern between truth and falsehood. :FacePalm: Unfortunately, you've committed the unpardonable sin, WillTylor: the MC is always that big. J/k. o_O

Nice holiday update, and I liked the additional standard events of visiting Jacky in the early morning and the new VIP area. :love: Fun as always.
Jacky's the best!!! :love:

doccop63

Oct 16, 2022
Why are you running it as admin?
There is no viable situation in which the need arises to run the game as admin, this applies to windows; 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 and linux.
Caveats as with most games on f95z, they are under development there will be errors and issues to some degree.

All you need to do for most games here on f95z;
download to a location
extract to the same or another location after download
Find the "the-game-name.exe" within the extracted location
double click "the-game-name.exe" within the extracted location
play the game.

That is it.

Now if you decided to download a compressed version, edit files in some manner or install a mod expect to have more errors and issues then normal.
Okay, it seems as if you're getting upset when I'm just telling you what's going on, so let me break this down for you.
1) I clicked on "A Family Venture" , then double clicked like I usually do and those messages are what I've been getting. When I clicked "open" to get the game to run this last time , I got a blank message screen. THAT's why I tried to run as admin.
2) As I stated previously, when I had the .07 version, everything ran well.
3) I have downloaded a dozen games from this site. I haven't had any issues with any other, just this upgraded version.
Believe me, you're not even Half as frustrated as I am. I'm not very tech saavy so I try to go online to solve issues rather than ask for help bc of responses like yours. I do appreciate your advice and I've followed it. I only wanted to see if there was something else that could help me get back to the game. If it's a problem for you, I thank you for your advice and I'll just move on to another game and take this whole exxperience as a lesson learned. Again, thank you for your input.

Last edited:

jan^s

Dec 19, 2019
Okay, it seems as if you're getting upset when I'm just telling you what's going on, so let me break this down for you.
1) I clicked on "A Family Venture" , then double clicked like I usually do and those messages are what I've been getting. When I clicked "open" to get the game to run this last time , I got a blank message screen. THAT's why I tried to run as admin.
2) As I stated previously, when I had the .07 version, everything ran well.
3) I have downloaded a dozen games from this site. I haven't had any issues with any other, just this upgraded version.
Believe me, you're not even Half as frustrated as I am. I'm not very tech saavy so I try to go online to solve issues rather than ask for help bc of responses like yours. I do appreciate your advice and I've followed it. I only wanted to see if there was something else that could help me get back to the game. If it's a problem for you, I thank you for your advice and I'll just move on to another game and take this whole exxperience as a lesson learned. Again, thank you for your input.
No part of my post was is in anger, just logic. As is the following.

No game should be ran as admin.
Running something in admin gives these abilities and more to the application like,
Inheritance of permissions
User rights
Object auditing
audit policy by selecting audit object access under local policies in local security settings
ability to audit managing permissions

No game needs any above to be ran especially anything self contained like a renpy app, period.

More likely your computer is compromised in some manner preventing standard file access and user runtime ability.
No doubt caused by previously letting a rogue application having admin rights.
If your go to is immediately letting any and everything have admin to get them to work, there maybe more issues at hand then just running a game or app even worse if its a self contained game or portable app.

Run as admin; should be used like salt on fine cut of meat, sparingly.

If you google using
AFamilyVenture-0.07-Bugfixed-ext_SubStar-pc
You should be able to find a source of v0.07.

chipsiup

Aug 12, 2016
I just started playing the game from this update. Overall I quite like it! But I find the structure of the game pretty confusing. A lot of times I had no idea how to trigger certain events even when looking at the walkthrough or other people's comments on the forums.

Eventually I just dug into the script and figured it out for myself. Certain events advance the plot, increasing a variable called Progress. Events are often tied to Progress and don't appear unless that's high enough. The problem is that there is zero indication at what things increase progress and what doesn't.

What that ends up with is that we have a sandbox structure with multiple girls, and the player might want to go after their favorite one only to find that they can't actually get anywhere no matter how high they raise affection or submission because to you need to do another event with another character first.

I feel like the easiest way to make this more clear is just change the in game hint system to label all the events that are REQUIRED to advance the plot as "Main Quest" or something along those lines, just a simple indicator to the player that it's important.

doccop63

Oct 16, 2022
No part of my post was is in anger, just logic. As is the following.

No game should be ran as admin.
Running something in admin gives these abilities and more to the application like,
Inheritance of permissions
User rights
Object auditing
audit policy by selecting audit object access under local policies in local security settings
ability to audit managing permissions

No game needs any above to be ran especially anything self contained like a renpy app, period.

More likely your computer is compromised in some manner preventing standard file access and user runtime ability.
No doubt caused by previously letting a rogue application having admin rights.
If your go to is immediately letting any and everything have admin to get them to work, there maybe more issues at hand then just running a game or app even worse if its a self contained game or portable app.

Run as admin; should be used like salt on fine cut of meat, sparingly.

If you google using
AFamilyVenture-0.07-Bugfixed-ext_SubStar-pc
You should be able to find a source of v0.07.
Thanks for your input

3.50 star(s) 109 Votes