• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py A Father and Daughter [v1.3.3] [ARGOME Studio & Production]

1.50 star(s) 2 Votes

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
In case you ask, the NTR is inevitable. The daughter was raped and lost her virginity to her stepfather. There is no point in preventing it in the future if she has already been raped.
How does her being raped and not being a virgin, indicate in any way, that there will be NTR in the future? I'm genuinely
curious how you anti-NTR purists minds function. She wasn't an LI when she was RAPED, she definitely wasn't involved with the MC at the time of it happening. She was raped for crying out loud, she didn't want it, and it happened in the past, and other than leaving her traumatized, has no bearing on what kind of content the game will have, nothing is "inevitable".

God, I really hope that if someone you cared for IRL, or that you're in a relationship with, got assaulted, you wouldn't blame them for it. Though with how some of your minds work on here, I wouldn't be surprised.

I guess if you really care that much about it, good luck finding decent games that have only virgin LI's in them. There aren't that many decent ones. That's the last thing I have to say on that matter, good luck I guess.

The Pie Rat

Aug 26, 2021
God, I really hope that if someone you cared for IRL, or that you're in a relationship with, got assaulted, you wouldn't blame them for it. Though with how some of your minds work on here, I wouldn't be surprised.
This isn't IRL though, this is a game we play so we can pretend we're not ourselves...

And nobody is "blaming her" they're simply pointing out that this game will indeed have NTR, as the dev has stated. You're free to have your own opinions as is everyone else on this thread.

I guess if you really care that much about it, good luck finding decent games that have only virgin LI's in them. There aren't that many decent ones. That's the last thing I have to say on that matter, good luck I guess.
There are actually quite a few with virgin LI's.

I prefer virgin LI's, but the way they go about it here is just... wrong for me personally. But again, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
And nobody is "blaming her" they're simply pointing out that this game will indeed have NTR, as the dev has stated. You're free to have your own opinions as is everyone else on this thread.
Actually the dev hasn't stated that. Unless it's on their discord, which almost nobody's going to follow, all they've stated is
" "A Father and Daughter" is an interactive novel for adults, of the fantasy-romance genre. "
No indication that there's NTR on the itch description.
Still none of that means NTR is going to be inevitable like those people were saying. There's no reason to believe it won't be avoidable. You have to make 2 incredibly stupid decisions in a row to even get it.
Even if it's a fantasy it isn't a bad thing if a LI is a rape victim from the past as long as it's handled in a respectful and sensitive manner. This game however fails to show either respect or sensitivity. The MC's a coward who sends her back to her abuser instead of keeping her safe.

Reactions: SlapE

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
There are actually quite a few with virgin LI's.
I said with "only virgins", take a few extra seconds to re-read next time. I mean you're right that there are plenty of good games with virgin LI's in them. That isn't what I was saying though, I was saying with only virgin Li's, because to me it seems this guy thinks if a game has non-virgin LI's, then NTR is inevitable? Still don't understand the logic there. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Mommysbuttslut

gordovalor

May 9, 2022
How does her being raped and not being a virgin, indicate in any way, that there will be NTR in the future? I'm genuinely
curious how you anti-NTR purists minds function. She wasn't an LI when she was RAPED, she definitely wasn't involved with the MC at the time of it happening. She was raped for crying out loud, she didn't want it, and it happened in the past, and other than leaving her traumatized, has no bearing on what kind of content the game will have, nothing is "inevitable".

You might not be familiar with the female mind; when a woman loses her virginity, she forms an imprint – first for the man who took her virginity and second for the type of sexual relationship she experienced. In other words, she is already marked. That would be the logic they would follow.

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
You might not be familiar with the female mind; when a woman loses her virginity, she forms an imprint – first for the man who took her virginity and second for the type of sexual relationship she experienced. In other words, she is already marked. That would be the logic they would follow.
This isn't true, not for most people anyways, and it's also not exclusive to females. Sure, everyone will remember their first sexual experience, good or bad, but that has no bearing on one's future relationship in most cases. As far as the lasting sexual ramifications, sure it can influence their outlook on future sexual encounters, depending on their experience. Usually that is only a problem if their first time was really good, and you are not good enough yourself to satisfy them. This isn't the case with most women though, considering most women's first time isn't all that pleasant.

Anyone using the logic of the person I originally replied to, is coming from a perspective that stems from insecurity.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
This isn't true, not for most people anyways, and it's also not exclusive to females. Sure, everyone will remember their first sexual experience, good or bad, but that has no bearing on one's future relationship in most cases. As far as the lasting sexual ramifications, sure it can influence their outlook on future sexual encounters, depending on their experience. Usually that is only a problem if their first time was really good, and you are not good enough yourself to satisfy them. This isn't the case with most women though, considering most women's first time isn't all that pleasant.

Anyone using the logic of the person I originally replied to, is coming from a perspective that stems from insecurity.
People who over obsess about trauma are usually coming from a place of trauma. People who over obsess about virginity are usually coming from a place of _________.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
Reactions: SlapE

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I'm glad I waited before downloading this then... I'm not sure why devs insist on making unlikable MC's. It's literally the character you're piloting, just make the MC decent, is that hard to ask devs?

:(
It seems to be a running theme anymore. I personally couldn't care less how anyone else gets their rock off but I honestly don't know who that choice is supposed to satisfy.

Just looking at it from the pro/anti NTR side of things. The people who are in to it don't get anything out of it because they don't see anything come from the decision and the anti side won't be happy because they will always have the thought in the back of their head that "It happened before, what if it's happening again right now?".

The only thing it does is establish the fact that the MC is a cowardly monster. It doesn't seem like the dev even knows what their target audience is.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Well, against my better judgement I gave this another shot.

Nothing has been done to improve the game. The English is so bad its often hard to even understand what is being said, the he/she is constantly wrong, the "thoughts" of the characters go back and forth without saying who it is doing the inner monologue so you have no idea who it is. And to top it off the MC is still an asshole and the daughter is still a rape victim.

Just an all round stinker.

Reactions: th3n and MAD6999

Fluffy Neko

Jan 27, 2022
Dev should have changed all that rape into just groping. Plot-wise, it could be easily rewritten as stepfather having to stop before penetration due to noises outside the room, and his daughter would see him half naked exiting the room, thus becoming sus of him. This is why his daughter would be so silent after Mc's accusation against her father. But no dev had to take this shock value route that almost no one interested in incest wants to see, and to add fuel to the fire, he made mc stupid as fuck. At this point, if the rape plot stays, I have no interest in mc's daughter. I just want scenes of stepfather's daughter being railed by mc as revenge, but seeing how little backbone this mc can have, those scenes are never going to happen.

Fluffy Neko

Jan 27, 2022
Actually the dev hasn't stated that. Unless it's on their discord, which almost nobody's going to follow, all they've stated is
" "A Father and Daughter" is an interactive novel for adults, of the fantasy-romance genre. "
No indication that there's NTR on the itch description.
Still none of that means NTR is going to be inevitable like those people were saying. There's no reason to believe it won't be avoidable. You have to make 2 incredibly stupid decisions in a row to even get it.
Even if it's a fantasy it isn't a bad thing if a LI is a rape victim from the past as long as it's handled in a respectful and sensitive manner. This game however fails to show either respect or sensitivity. The MC's a coward who sends her back to her abuser instead of keeping her safe.
Ya, absolutely right; there is no mention of NTR in the game description on itch. BUT if you scroll down to the comments right now... and btw dev still didn't add ntr tag on itch

EnTeeArrr

Apr 5, 2017
NTR only in the tag and not the dev genre, usually means its probably another dick existing in a far off imaginary galaxy only.

Or in this case that childish view of past assault, as a NTR lover seems this game is not for me at all. :(

Scooter_Tramp

Dec 23, 2022
The only thing worse than the English in this game is having to be called Sebastian!
I quickly "wished this away, into the cornfield"...

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The MC's a coward who sends her back to her abuser instead of keeping her safe.
First time seeing this game .... is this a thing that actually happens?

I don't care about ntr and all that jazz but sending a rape victim back to her abuser .... yeah, that's dumbfuck writing if it happens.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017

I don't care about ntr and all that jazz but sending a rape victim back to her abuser .... yeah, that's dumbfuck writing if it happens.
Unfortunately it does. It's a hard scripted part of the "plot". You have no say in the matter.

Reactions: Avaron1974

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021

Yup, she's practically begging him not to send her back too and it's literally right after she tells him what happened to her.

malridoo

Oct 9, 2020
Yup, she's practically begging him not to send her back too and it's literally right after she tells him what happened to her.
What the actual flip ??? Is the dev serious about this ??
I was actually really interested in this game but after reading through the thread, I'm having second thoughts about this game.
I hope it will be changed...How twisted in the head you have to be to do smth like that..

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I've always said a dev should do what they enjoy so they don't get burnt out from making their games. I really don't like telling devs that story content really needs changing.

However, an MC sending a rape victim that's begging for help back to her abuser is arguably the dumbest thing i've seen added to a game ... ever.

I don't even self insert on male lead but I do need stories to have some common sense and at least the main character to be likable. Sending a victim back to be abused instantly makes the MC a twat and not one I could possibly connect with.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
What the actual flip ??? Is the dev serious about this ??
I was actually really interested in this game but after reading through the thread, I'm having second thoughts about this game.
I hope it will be changed...How twisted in the head you have to be to do smth like that..
This was all from last update. Dev isn't here to read our critiques but if they'd received any then they were not only not changed but they were doubled down on it.
This update we can either abandon her to her rapist to start the NTR+rape path or bring her home for the incest/family path. The writing is also really bad. Like in every possible way. Bad logic, bad sequencing, terrible dialogue and damn near unintelligibly bad English.
I've always said a dev should do what they enjoy so they don't get burnt out from making their games. I really don't like telling devs that story content really needs changing.

However, an MC sending a rape victim that's begging for help back to her abuser is arguably the dumbest thing i've seen added to a game ... ever.

I don't even self insert on male lead but I do need stories to have some common sense and at least the main character to be likable. Sending a victim back to be abused instantly makes the MC a twat and not one I could possibly connect with.
I don't normally like NTR but this MC is so fucking unlikeable I actually wish there was an NTR path that doesn't ruin her life through abuse and rape because if anyone deserves to be cucked it's this dipshit protagonist.

1.50 star(s) 2 Votes