3.40 star(s) 31 Votes

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
I love the fact that there's a cheating path for her, I'll try the game and see how good it is ;)

Retromancer

Aug 14, 2018
Hey when I click on the chapter from the main menu to load automatically, it doesn't do anything, when I go to the patreon and click on the link to download the chapter the link is broken. This is for Chaps 6 and 7

Suryujin

Oct 6, 2017
Retromancer, in the main menu try clicking on the chapter name. A while back I've tried clicking the red mark as well and was slightly disappointed it didn't work.

Both chapter 6/7 on patreon (both windows and OSX) work fine for me. o_O

Retromancer

Aug 14, 2018
Wow, that was weird. I post that this morning, then reload game and now all chapters are checked green again

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
Ok this is frustrating. I'm at the first hotspot (car bj) and there's no way I can access it.

HBKTheIcon69

Dec 25, 2018
What would the current extra content code be I'm guessing up to chapter 8 as currently the game is on chapter 9? Also is OP walkthrough updated to chapter 8 for public players? The walkthrough I have only goes to chapter 6?

Suryujin

Oct 6, 2017
HBKTheIcon69
Noone has shared the code for chapter 8 so far and the only way to unlock extra content for chapter 8 without becoming a patron, is by finishing chapter 8. ...Or waiting for a patron share the code...

Well, me thinks so at least. I do remember something about:
No code = finish chapter/unlock next = extra content in the locked chapter(s) unlocks​
The currently locked chapters are chapter 1, it has been reworked and chapter 8.

The walkthrough for chapter 8 has been posted early by someone, somewhere in the thread. Though, here's to the, by now open, patreon post with the walkthrough.

Edit:

LazingInTheHaze
Ehh, Patron 10$+ tier says extra content is never released to public? Is that the new rule, did you forget to change the tier description... or am I remembering stuff wrong... again? (which is by now more annoying than surprising)

LazingInTheHaze

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
LazingInTheHaze
Ehh, Patron 10$+ tier says extra content is never released to public? Is that the new rule, did you forget to change the tier description... or am I remembering stuff wrong... again? (which is by now more annoying than surprising)
[/QUOTE]
The game mechanics follow the rule that everytime a new release comes out the extra contents of any previous chapter with respect to the one of the latest release are unlocked. This is the reason why the Extra content post of each version is unlocked after 3-4 weeks, normally after the release of the next version.

HBKTheIcon69

Dec 25, 2018
HBKTheIcon69
Noone has shared the code for chapter 8 so far and the only way to unlock extra content for chapter 8 without becoming a patron, is by finishing chapter 8. ...Or waiting for a patron share the code...

Well, me thinks so at least. I do remember something about:
No code = finish chapter/unlock next = extra content in the locked chapter(s) unlocks​
The currently locked chapters are chapter 1, it has been reworked and chapter 8.

The walkthrough for chapter 8 has been posted early by someone, somewhere in the thread. Though, here's to the, by now open, patreon post with the walkthrough.

Edit:

LazingInTheHaze
Ok well the chapters folder for the current version lists chapter 9 as the most current to play so the code for extra content up to chapter 8 should be out

LazingInTheHaze

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
Ok well the chapters folder for the current version lists chapter 9 as the most current to play so the code for extra content up to chapter 8 should be out
Current latest release chapter is 8; you see CH09 in the chapters folder 'cause I'm a nerd programmer and internally the Intro is a chapter as well, increasing the file numbers by one. :cool::p
So Chapter 8 will be automatically unlocked when Chapter 9 will be released... in two/three weeks.

Reactions: patrickB

Suryujin

Oct 6, 2017
LazingInTheHaze
Two problems with the "newest" release added to the OP.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also, there's a problem with the progress page. On the current run, I did not finish chapter 1 "Where (it?) all started" yet, but somehow the chapter 2 "Follow the hints..." is complete with extras?
Also, wouldn't the intro be chapter 0, being the first in the array? ;P

LazingInTheHaze

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
LazingInTheHaze
Two problems with the "newest" release added to the OP.
Also, there's a problem with the progress page. On the current run, I did not finish chapter 1 "Where (it?) all started" yet, but somehow the chapter 2 "Follow the hints..." is complete with extras?
Also, wouldn't the intro be chapter 0, being the first in the array? ;P
For first one: do you have any firewall blocking the shortened url to rebrand.ly ?
For second one: the game keeps track of the CG you've seen (progresses) across any play session you do (plState.lih file in the save folder). I supposed you already played the game in the past. If you want to completely reset your progresses, you should delete the plState.lih file.

Suryujin

Oct 6, 2017
LazingInTheHaze
Firewall works fine, VPN seems to have issues with the page though (or the other way around). Without it the error message pops up immediately and I can access rebrand.ly with my browser just fine. With it, the error appears after a few seconds, instead of after a couple seconds and I can't access the page through the browser either. Game appears to get the error no matter what.

When I've updated my game folder with the new upload in the OP today, I decided to redownload the chapters while at it (might have changed something in there) and thus deleted them all. When I try to download the intro or any chapter, I get that error.

I do believe I've completely reset my progress with the chapter 8 update (not just partial reset by having chapter 1 reset). That's why I guessed the new upload automatically unlocks the progress of chapter 2.

Edit:

Here's some more info:
  • The browser can download the chapters from rebrand.ly without VPN, the game can't.
  • Also, the game says it's gonna download from you-know-what.ly instead of rebrand.ly.
  • The old you-know-what.ly links throw an 404 error in the browser now. (You probably knew/guessed that)
  • Redownloading the game doesn't change anything, so I didn't screw up by copy/pasting either when I "updated" my install.
Could it be that either rebrand.ly is incompatible or blocking the game as a client or that the game is still somehow using the old links?

BTW, did I miss a note? Why is bit-dot-ly a bad word on the forum?

Last edited:

cloudstrife

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
ok i'm totally lost, i downloaded all the chapter assets but it still says something is missing from some of the chapters

Suryujin

Oct 6, 2017
Alright. The "Happy Marriage CH8 Ver. 1.08.1 (Win x64)" download on patreon let's me download the chapters and start the game. Without disabling my firewall or anything.

The thing is, it didn't recognize the chapters that aren't downloaded by it. I had downloaded the chapter from the links on patreon and put them into the chapters folder. But even then, all chapters including intro were red. The intro appeared to be the only one properly named, but still wasn't recognized by the game.

The ingame downloader works now, while my "old" game folder (the upload in the OP), still has the error with the downloads. Though i did have 17/18 chapter files in the chapters folder.

cloudstrife
Out of curiousity, when do you get the error? Did you try the ingame download?

3.40 star(s) 31 Votes