3.40 star(s) 31 Votes

LazingInTheHaze

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
Nice try but as you can't go back in your decisions like in many other games you have to save before every decision because the hotspots mostly dont do what they are expected to do.
One example. Watching the couple in the bus. At some point you can click on his mouth or the wife. The wife hotspot hint read "Jenny is curious" which indicates she would like to see what is next but instead she is thinking of her husband and the scene ends. This makes no sense at all. and there other situations like this
Thanks mate for your observation. Based on what you say, I think I should rephrase some of the hints since I see that the message I thought is not correctly perceived by the players. Can you please tell me any other "misleading" hints on the hotspots.

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
Thanks mate for your observation. Based on what you say, I think I should rephrase some of the hints since I see that the message I thought is not correctly perceived by the players. Can you please tell me any other "misleading" hints on the hotspots.
I can tell you that should be 'Leave' on the door of the car and not 'Shut the Door' when I saw that hint for the first time I thought to myself Oh she is going to climb in further and pull door shut......instead it just ended the scene

Cicero72

Feb 27, 2018
I really enjoy the plot of this game. From the chapter headings I'm assuming it's not going to be a husband/wife breakup/train wreck, but experiencing more apart and/or together.

I find the game play aggravating. As mentioned above, the hotspot hints do not always help make the right choice. I like to have to think, but it's aggravating when the clues from dialog or hotspot hint are not on point. This results in constant saving out of fear of making the "fail" choice. I see that this will be addressed. Some hints are done well. The three-way conversation I thought was done well.

I'd guess that it's difficult to make challenging but fair hints with perfect accuracy. I'd suggest adding many more save slots (unlimited if possible), auto saving at a choice, or a roll-back feature. This would help me in both the first time run through and replays. I missed scenes, but have to start from the beginning to have a shot at them. Plus I have to play carefully with constant saving because I have to overwrite slots.

I'll add that the the choices presented here, which appear to be all either success or failure, are not as appealing as in other games where choices present alternatives. I might be wrong, but it looks like this is a linear story and the reader will see more or less of it, with positive or negative consequences, depending on choices.

I've enjoyed the story, but the game play has kept me away from more than a single run through. The choices are fun, but the saving and loading is not. I'd prefer easier replay access challenging me to get those missing scenes.

Enjoyed the game through Chapter 2 and will keep and eye on it.

LazingInTheHaze

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
I really enjoy the plot of this game. From the chapter headings I'm assuming it's not going to be a husband/wife breakup/train wreck, but experiencing more apart and/or together.

I find the game play aggravating. As mentioned above, the hotspot hints do not always help make the right choice. I like to have to think, but it's aggravating when the clues from dialog or hotspot hint are not on point. This results in constant saving out of fear of making the "fail" choice. I see that this will be addressed. Some hints are done well. The three-way conversation I thought was done well.

I'd guess that it's difficult to make challenging but fair hints with perfect accuracy. I'd suggest adding many more save slots (unlimited if possible), auto saving at a choice, or a roll-back feature. This would help me in both the first time run through and replays. I missed scenes, but have to start from the beginning to have a shot at them. Plus I have to play carefully with constant saving because I have to overwrite slots.

I'll add that the the choices presented here, which appear to be all either success or failure, are not as appealing as in other games where choices present alternatives. I might be wrong, but it looks like this is a linear story and the reader will see more or less of it, with positive or negative consequences, depending on choices.

I've enjoyed the story, but the game play has kept me away from more than a single run through. The choices are fun, but the saving and loading is not. I'd prefer easier replay access challenging me to get those missing scenes.

Enjoyed the game through Chapter 2 and will keep and eye on it.
I read carefully what you've read as well as other did. I'll take a chance to improve the hints and to introduce a "roll-back" feature.
About the saving can you say something on the "Fast Save/Load" feature you can access with the right mouse button? Is it useful to simplify/speedup the save/reload process ?

Ero - Sennin

May 18, 2017
If you're following that line of brainwashing to it's conclusion we're all screwed as it's also listed as a sin to think about it....

TL;DR we got the next chapter.
When a new update is released, especially for the less popular games, sometimes someone will start a . That way people can add '+1' there to save polluting the main game thread and pissing @klx off.
When links to the new update are received here, certain people (Uploaders, mods, staff, etc.) are allowed to update the OP...hence you may see things like 'OP Updated'.
Other action that happen then are promoting the thread - this means it gets to the top of the page.
And closing the request thread - it gets moved to the closed sub-forum.

As for the game....hate that it's in unity, it feels like it could work equally well in Ren Py, with the added bonus of being able to Pg Up.
Love the premise. Love the potential of the photo studio (a big plus for me if done well). Looking at the stats, I think I missed quite a bit in my 1st run through (love Ren Py for these sorts of things), such as the rest of the C1 extras and all of the C2 ones.
I'm not convinced the hotspots work as some didn't feel like they did anything ('Look at her face' - no change in pic, onto the next dialogue) and none I found that you could do one then the other as suggested in the tutorial.
Some of the language was severally Engrish and could do with looking at a couple of lines made no sense to me (not out of place, just gobbledegook).
Both MC's feel like, if not treated well by the devs, could turn into either idiots or horrible people, one thing to watch for.
Loved the renders, nice and clean and the guys didn't look like they were rapists in training, which so many of the male models do, to me anyway.
It's definitely a game I'll be keeping an eye on, thanks to @markpucuchu for pointing it out to me.
That's deep man , I understand but mind is really difficult to control and dirty thoughts can't be avoided that is why we have a heart

Reactions: kiteares

Cicero72

Feb 27, 2018
I read carefully what you've read as well as other did. I'll take a chance to improve the hints and to introduce a "roll-back" feature.
About the saving can you say something on the "Fast Save/Load" feature you can access with the right mouse button? Is it useful to simplify/speedup the save/reload process ?
Yes, the fast save is useful. I did not rely on it heavily because it uses one slot. If I mistakenly had to go back two saves the fast save wouldn't help. Having multiple slots for fast save or auto save would be helpful, but perhaps not more helpful than rollback or unlimited saves.

While playing I got into a rhythm of saving before a choice, using each save slot until I ran out and then starting again with save slot 1. I did not like overwriting save slots because I could never return to that choice without starting over.

One other observation. It looks like starting over requires that you start at chapter 1. As you add chapters, a chapter checkpoint might be helpful.

yvb

Jul 19, 2017
It is really tricky that some hotspots should not be activated because you will loose content ... I wonder if they shouldn't be called coldspots :)
For some of them the text was indeed suggesting that it is a bad idea to activate them but for most the text was more or less misleading imho

GodGoku

The OverLord
Game Developer
Aug 10, 2017
is it female or male protagonist game.. a tag in op will be good...

yvb

Jul 19, 2017
LazingInTheHaze will you release extra content for non-patreon users as in Ep1?

LazingInTheHaze

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
guys can you tell me what key for save pls ? i can't save
Click on Right mouse button. A tools menu will appear; from there mouse over the button to discover their functions. You can fast save/load or go to the saves screen and choose where to save or what to load.

3.40 star(s) 31 Votes