Misarmor

Large member
Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
For the sake of clarity: 0.X -> content update, 0.X.X, fixes/improvements. This was the case for 0.2 and 0.2.1 and the only exception was 0.3.1 where I did add 2 dream sex scenes.
If you haven't played 0.4, I recommend playing it as there is a lot of new content there, most notably the introduction of the first job/route (Riley's). If you have played 0.4, then you won't see any difference in content from 0.4 to 0.4.1 (actually there is a very subtle one, but probably not worth playing again for most people).
I would only recomment playing 0.4.1 if you've played 0.4 if you've been blocked by any reason in 0.4 that's now fixed in 0.4.1, and you couldn't have seen all content for that reason.

Fortress205

Apr 22, 2022
So, why are the saves from the older versions unplayable in the newer versions? Don't get me wrong, the game is great and all. But starting the game over and over again isn't something any of us wants, I think that's fair to assume.

Misarmor

Large member
Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
So, why are the saves from the older versions unplayable in the newer versions? Don't get me wrong, the game is great and all. But starting the game over and over again isn't something any of us wants, I think that's fair to assume.
It's an engine limitation. Adding even a single variable can mess up save compatibility. Now it's fine for visual novels that can get away with only having like 4 variables for potential branching paths, but for a game like mine with hundreds of variables, that's just not possible.

Reactions: Fortress205

Marcus_S

Jul 30, 2017
how do i get eves masturbation scene? i had it in the previous build but can't seem to get it started in the new one.
It hasn't changed, you can see it the same way.
Go to her room at 2 PM, DON'T go with her running (choose "Nevermind"), go to her room at 5 PM. Enjoy.

Reactions: Y2k94

tuekop

Aug 26, 2020
So...mc find money but everytime wanting to buy something need to ask eve.
i guess in the future there will be no rape or sleep sex

thefattestcat

Jul 3, 2024
For the sake of clarity: 0.X -> content update, 0.X.X, fixes/improvements. This was the case for 0.2 and 0.2.1 and the only exception was 0.3.1 where I did add 2 dream sex scenes.
If you haven't played 0.4, I recommend playing it as there is a lot of new content there, most notably the introduction of the first job/route (Riley's). If you have played 0.4, then you won't see any difference in content from 0.4 to 0.4.1 (actually there is a very subtle one, but probably not worth playing again for most people).
I would only recomment playing 0.4.1 if you've played 0.4 if you've been blocked by any reason in 0.4 that's now fixed in 0.4.1, and you couldn't have seen all content for that reason.
I mean... You know what we're here for, right?

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
It's an engine limitation. Adding even a single variable can mess up save compatibility. Now it's fine for visual novels that can get away with only having like 4 variables for potential branching paths, but for a game like mine with hundreds of variables, that's just not possible.
Not trying to be antagonistic, but it is possible to have a game with hundreds of variables and not start over each release. You're describing programmer limitations, not engine limitations. This is why a story should be written in its entirety, then coded, setting aside variables as they will be needed. But if each release the developer chooses to add or change things based on whims, then breaking saves is the result. I think you will find that continuing in that fashion will necessarily trigger the law of diminishing returns. More and more folks will become irritated which will lead to increased negativity and antagonism in this forum (and possibly elsewhere). My advice is to draw a line in the sand and go with what you have.

You're learning and have a pretty good game in the making, so keep at it, you'll get better.

Reactions: qchill44

Misarmor

Large member
Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
Not trying to be antagonistic, but it is possible to have a game with hundreds of variables and not start over each release. You're describing programmer limitations, not engine limitations. This is why a story should be written in its entirety, then coded, setting aside variables as they will be needed. But if each release the developer chooses to add or change things based on whims, then breaking saves is the result. I think you will find that continuing in that fashion will necessarily trigger the law of diminishing returns. More and more folks will become irritated which will lead to increased negativity and antagonism in this forum (and possibly elsewhere). My advice is to draw a line in the sand and go with what you have.

You're learning and have a pretty good game in the making, so keep at it, you'll get better.
You realize that story elements aren't the only things that require variables, right?

Reactions: yoyomistro
2.90 star(s) 47 Votes