jahall

Feb 20, 2019
I'm afraid I can't help you with that at the moment. When JoiPlay updates you could try using it to play AHITR. And later this year there will be a new way to install the Android version.

Oh, I don't know. Who do you think is ripe for some group fun, hm-m? :whistle:

Uhhhh... Well, technically there are 69 scenes in v0.6.9.

When RenPy releases version 8.0.4 and JoiPlay upgrades to support it, AHITR should start working in there again.

Yes, that's right. The thing is, it only affects games with certain (bad) coding practices, and AHITR is one of those games, perhaps the only one. The bug was discovered only after I tried to build AHITR using the latest RenPy version and submitted the issue.
I'm worried that if/when you DO switch to the latest RenPy version it will mean that 32-bit Windows will no longer be supported, as that's what I'm using. I feel that unless there's some compelling reason to upgrade to RenPy version 8, then existing games should stick with the previous version. It's a different matter with new games, where there aren't players who have been playing the 32-bit version for a long time. (Yes, I know very few people are still using 32-bit Windows, but I can't be the only one.)

Justfoinca

Oct 4, 2020
crahes after Azraesha steals the money. help?
Full traceback:
File "scripts/engine/navigation/navigator_scripts.rpyc", line 7, in script
File "C:\Users\\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.8r2-pc\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.8r2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 855, in execute
values = apply_arguments(self.parameters, renpy.store._args, renpy.store._kwargs)
File "C:\Users\\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.8r2-pc\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.8r2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 158, in apply_arguments
return parameters.apply(args, kwargs, ignore_errors)
File "C:\Users\\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.8r2-pc\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.8r2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 122, in apply
raise Exception("Required parameter %s has no value." % name)
Exception: Required parameter room_id has no value.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
I'm worried that if/when you DO switch to the latest RenPy version it will mean that 32-bit Windows will no longer be supported, as that's what I'm using. I feel that unless there's some compelling reason to upgrade to RenPy version 8, then existing games should stick with the previous version. It's a different matter with new games, where there aren't players who have been playing the 32-bit version for a long time. (Yes, I know very few people are still using 32-bit Windows, but I can't be the only one.)
I probably won't be switching to 8.x because I don't need to. But I will be updating to the latest 7.x build. I believe it still supports 32-bit builds.

crahes after Azraesha steals the money. help?
Could you please post the save just before this error happens? Something definitely broke, but I can't say what it was without debugging it.

Ryuji

Jul 18, 2017
Guys, how do you trigger the Halloween event? It's been a while since I last played, I tried, but I don't remember anymore how I did it before.

vdka

Oct 31, 2021
I can't see this having been reported here before, but it seems the game as of recently doesn't like being fullscreened on linux with a 4k monitor.
I think the last time it worked fine was 6.2 or 6.3 (I don't remember which one was the last I could fullscreen on) but has been broken since at least 6.6. (I don't have any older versions on hand to test)
ahitr4k.png
The game goes like this if you maximize or fullscreen, and images will not load anymore.
Quitting the game and playing it without maximizing or fullscreening works perfectly fine though, just a less than ideal experience with a small window on a 4k display.

Reactions: HyugaDrake
4.70 star(s) 315 Votes